Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider images...

Super Moderator

UK
    Although, the Rousch (or however you spell it) is a better new-Mustang than the Shelby, which didn't change the brakes and suspension...the Rousch version did and ended up being faster round a track as well as a better special edition by comparison. (Indeed, I'm referencing "Top Gear" )

But whatever and all that, any Mustang is just cool. Gotta be in black though I say, or some kind of really funky blue...but black always first.

Undisclosed
    The scoops have the moving red "cylon" eye in them.

This is from a friend that works for ford.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And who will be the voice of the new KITT?

(drumroll please)

Val f*cking Kilmer??? Seriously?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Knight Rider version 2.0, are you kidding?

That's one show that needs to stay dead. I don't give a damn what make and model of car Kit is.

Super Moderator

UK
    WHAT?!

How can you replace the guy who played Feeney in Boy Meets World with Val Kilmer in the role of a talking car?!

Come on, Val, you can do better than that can't ya? ... I mean - Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang anybody? That movie was f*ckin' awesome!

Now as a talking car ... dude.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Come on, Val, you can do better than that can't ya? ... I mean - Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang anybody? That movie was f*ckin' awesome!
    I absolutely love that movie. Damn near perfect comedy/action/mystery film.

"Talking monkey, yeah. Came here from the future. Ugly sucker. Only says ficus. "

Too many great one liners in that flick...

capncnut
    Kilmer was BOSS in The Salton Sea.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Kilmer was BOSS in The Salton Sea.
    GREAT performance and GREAT film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....I'm pretty certain that this show will fail. Check out these clips.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...4306&Itemid=99

United States
    I don't know if it is just me or does this look like a 2 hour long commercial for Ford.
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

Administrator

England
    Val Kilmer = expensive, known and possibly difficult to get hold of in the future?

VERY odd choice!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I am a fan of Kilmer.....fans of his may hate this comparision...but I think its valid......

I think Val Kilmer is a lot like Rutger Hauer....both are really fantastic actors... who unfortunately for various reasons did numerous horrible movies....and these horrible movies overal seem to undermine their fantastic performances.....their legacy essentially only remains in select groups....

Im not sure if this comparision seems outlandish or not ...so Ill try to give some examples....because really I think both of these people are actually really great actors.....

Val Kilmer greats....

Tomestone.....as lame as a movie it is(user preference) I think its undeniable that Kilmers portrayal of Doc Holiday is amazing....its rebelliouslly romantic, misanthropic, noble, and genuine or any other sort of words one wants to attach to it...I mean really... for lack of words I would prefer to watch this movie edited to just include the scenes with Kilmer....

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang......I was looking forward to a Kilmer revival with this one....perfectly cast for the role...Not a great stretch artistically as an actor....but if he wasnt believable he couldve easily ruined the movie.....

I havent seen "The Doors"....I was once told it was good....but I dont trust the source of this....

Val Kilmer "Funs"....

Ghost in the Darkness.....nothing particularly great about this movie but it was fun....and he was believable as one could be in this sort of movie....important to mention only because he was the main character in a movie that after time still has an audience....Fits the genre I call "a pointless classic"....This is a genre that I lablel movies that do not do anything revolutionary for their genre or cinema in general, but remain memorable and entertaining despite the passing years.....(Krull is " a pointless classic" )

Island of Dr Moreau.....I know what your thinking...."Terran is retarded".... but ultimately I like this movie.....I probally hate the same things most people hate about this movie....but I dunno....throughout this movie I get a few nagging feelings of intelligence....either in portrayal....or in the writing....either way I feel there are things to enjoy that are valid so I felt this movie was worth mentioning....

Heat.....DeNerio and especially Pacino were bad in this movie....but Kilmer was great

Thunderheart....not a movie that gets noticed often....but I caught it recently on Encore...and its a really cool movie...in its own way I guess...

Willow....Not much to say about this....perhaps its only redeemable because of my generation....Id like to think I would still enjoy this movie equally if I saw it today....but who knows....Kilmer plays a great comic antihero....

If Kilmer just did these movies he might be remembered as a great who ended his career too soon.....the only probelm is that he littered his career with horrible movies....I dont fault him for it though....he needs to make money I gather....*shrugs*

Batman Forever
    Spartan
    The Saint?....Please!!!
    Mindhunters
    Red Planet (better than Mission to Mars...but still basically bad)
    Top Gun!!!
    Alexander!!!

etc etc....Im sure I missed some....

Likewise Rutger....(although I feel he bit more of the typcasted bullet since when he was in his prime there was only two types of movies....hollywood funded...and "cult" movies"...Think he couldnt find many independent flicks during his prime)

Greats:
    Bladerunner.....I mean comeon... ask yourself who displayed more range in their characters...Roy Batty or Deckard.....Personally if i was a director involved with casting and I just watched bladerunner as if it were made today I would approach Hauer for a staring role and not Ford.....Though he does have a particular look that could limit his believable roles.....

Soldier of Orange......(subtitled) a great hardly watched WII movie ...

Eureka....reminds me of Lynch movies....Gene Hackman costars....

Hauer Fun Movies:

The Hitcher.....I almost put this in greats.....I mean come on...when the original came out it was "balls to the walls" "this is ****ed up"

Sin City (hardly counts cause small role)
    LadyHawke (probally biased given when I saw it)

Flesh and Blood (I think this is the first rated R movie I saw....so I might be particularly biased towards this movie....Im still evaluating how the various aspects of this movie may have "harmed" me...this is one of three that I think were my first R movies....Its either Platoon, Flesh and Blood, or some documentary about the Holocaust)

The Blood Of Heroes.....yeah...its kindof lame....but it terms of lame movies its only particially lame....

Escape from Sobibor ....I havent yet seen it...but Ive heard its good....

Bad movies:.....Need I even start ....hes had way more time to accumulate crap than Kilmer has....the only difference is that Hauer has been around much longer to accumulate such damagining crap.......

Oh wait...I lost track of the subject....Knightrider remake.....gonna suck whoever they get....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePrototype View Post
    I don't know if it is just me or does this look like a 2 hour long commercial for Ford.
    The same was said about Transformers... a 2+ hour GM commercial.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The same was said about Transformers... a 2+ hour GM commercial.
    I strangely enjoyed Transformers. Shame the needless juvenile titillation stuff wasn't instead a bit of intelligent character building...

But huge robots jumping about... Who can't enjoy that
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought there was plenty of character stuff, or at least with the Sam character anyway. I really enjoyed the whole "boy's first car" angle.

Funny you should mention Transformers, I just got my free copy from Total Film today (for a letter printed a while back) and have just finished watching the extras. Now, I'm not a Transformers guy at all, never watched the show or had the toys, but I enjoyed the heck out of the Michael Bay movie.