Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Land is on TNT

United States
    Disregard...
    Last edited by sandrock74; 27-Jan-2008 at 03:16 PM.

United States
    Having trouble with multiple posts.
    Last edited by sandrock74; 27-Jan-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Two cuts that made me scratch my head in confusion:
    Them taking out Kaufman shooting Cholo (so it appeared he was a zombie all along) and earlier along when the Big Daddy led zombies come across the wooden wall (they cut out the butcher zombie using his meat cleaver to chop the hole in the wall...so it looked as if they wandered up to the wall and the hole was already in it). I guess its possible the two cuts were made to trim the overall time of the movie down instead of being due to content?
    Obviously, the eating of entrails was cut out (kinda goes without saying) BUT, is it just me or did they miss an F-Bomb from Motown when she was hot-wiring the car?
    I wouldn't recommend the tv version of the film BUT it was MUCH better and easier to follow than the edited version of Day of the Dead.
    I wondered. Read the posts about Cholo but didn't remember seeing it, and I wondered how the hole got there. Also, I've seen posts about someone hanging themself, but didn't see that either. (mighta missed it though)

Bought the Dawn 04/Land 2 pack at Wallyworld today, so I guess all will be revealed soon enough!!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well I assume they cut the cholo being shot part because of Kaufmann calling him a Spic. The racist dialog would have had to been trimmed and the best way to do that would be the way they cut it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    There's a good thread in this....see Dead forums...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    I wondered. Read the posts about Cholo but didn't remember seeing it, and I wondered how the hole got there. Also, I've seen posts about someone hanging themself, but didn't see that either. (mighta missed it though)

Bought the Dawn 04/Land 2 pack at Wallyworld today, so I guess all will be revealed soon enough!!!!

The hanged guy scene is only on the Land Directors Cut. It might be a deleted scene on the normal cut though (somebody will have to confirm this, I only have the Dir-Cut).

Edit: Enjoy your movies all the same!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    The hanged guy scene is only on the Land Directors Cut. It might be a deleted scene on the normal cut though (somebody will have to confirm this, I only have the Dir-Cut).

Edit: Enjoy your movies all the same!
    Luckily, they're the unrated director's cut versions!

England
    Luckily, they're the unrated director's cut versions!
    Nice little score then.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Back to Dawn being on TV...I've only seen it once on one either Starz or Encore about two years ago. It is odd that it hasn't been on more over the years...Day, too. Neither belongs on non-pay-TV, you can't edit those films to nothing...kind of like the Cheech and Chong's for regular TV where they cut the weed out entirely..."Helloooo..."

United States
    my wife, aka Mrs. Monro starting pushing our child out of her body while this was on the TV in the hospital, I tried to get her to get him out by the time they hit Fiddler's Greene but he was stubborn and waited till the film was over ot be born

United States
    No offense meant, but Why would anyone watch a movie especially a zombie movie on basic cable or broadcast tv when 99.9% of the time they censor everything.
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePrototype View Post
    No offense meant, but Why would anyone watch a movie especially a zombie movie on basic cable or broadcast tv when 99.9% of the time they censor everything.
    'cause it's on????

United States
    'cause it's on????
    if you want to see some serious cutting and bad dialouge looping, look for Day of the Dead on the SciFi channel sometime, every other word from Pilato's mouth is looped, bad but fun to watch

United States
    'cause it's on????
    I see your point, but I would rather watch UNCENSORED on dvd
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    if you want to see some serious cutting and bad dialouge looping, look for Day of the Dead on the SciFi channel sometime, every other word from Pilato's mouth is looped, bad but fun to watch
    I bet he still comes across as an angry, venomous bastard though...Rhodes rules!