View Poll Results: Should Congressmen Have Term Limits, Too?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 8-12 years is plenty.

14 100.00%
  • No. They should have a job forever.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congresional Term Limits?

United States
    I voted yes that members of congress, housed and senate, should have term limits because it would be nice to see if any of the newly elected officials could get anything important done but I have a strong feeling that they would just end up doing the same things as their predecessors who are wasting time on things like the congressional hearings for sports instead of taking care of important things.
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

Undisclosed
    Without question they should. I think one of the things really wrong with the Congress overall is there is to much try to get people to vote for you and once they have they can do little. Not to mention that some of these guysh ave been in Congress since WW2 or something, its crazy! Not that there is anything wrong with old people but at times they are to stuck in their ways and not as willing to listen (not that young people areb ut I think they are more prone to hearing someone else).

I think a set term limit would be great to be honest with you. It would ensure that once someone got elected they would have time to do stuff before they went out again and they had an option or two for reelection and then they are done regardless. I think that would help things out a bit, because to me it seems like the system we have is notw orking. Although I am not sure at the moment if thats due to anything specific in the Constitution or if its just becuase the tw party system sucks.