Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romero says a sequel to his Dead Franchise is a "real possibility."

Super Moderator

UK
    At the moment, practically speaking of deals and securing finance, most likely not.

Land of the Dead was his first major release in many years, he returned to what he was known best for. It did well (face up Blanders, it flat-out did), and as he had another idea that was both something he wanted to do, and something that was commercially viable for him to do as he wanted, that's where he went.

Prior to Land he was basically out in the filmmaking wilderness, at least to mainstream eyes - heck, even to use GAR nerds he wasn't exactly prolific and out there - so he has to re-establish himself.

Also, there'll be an element of it's just how the game goes. Either make a zombie film you want to make, or basically get nothing done at all - so we come back to re-establishing himself so he can branch out once again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Why does Romero remind me so much of Lucas ?

Can't he do anything else other than undead films ?
    because you have been smoking too much crack perhaps?

romero has done non-zombie movies - a lot of them flat out great, e.g. martin and creepshow.

comparing him to a hack like george lucas (who is just that a complete and total hack- i like star wars less and less every year- the original 3 just look so trite and childish to me now, with cringe inducing dialouge and corny, corny situations.) makes no sense at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Prior to Land he was basically out in the filmmaking wilderness, at least to mainstream eyes - heck, even to use GAR nerds he wasn't exactly prolific and out there - so he has to re-establish himself.
    yep. if you all remember he had a couple of major deals fall through on him. like resident evil and the mummy remake (apparently his script was a horror movie not raiders of the lost ark with brendan fraser).
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Feb-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Why does Romero remind me so much of Lucas ?

Can't he do anything else other than undead films ?
    Do a little research on Romero's career before rolling your eyes in impatience.

From Day One since NIGHT was released, the guy has been trying to move on to other things, but producers, distributors and audiences just can't keep from pigeon-holing him as the "zombie guy."

Now that he wants to create a living dead franchise that he can control, people are suddenly asking "are zombies all that he can do?" What a joke.

PAY ATTENTION and THINK!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Do a little research on Romero's career before rolling your eyes in impatience.

From Day One since NIGHT was released, the guy has been trying to move on to other things, but producers, distributors and audiences just can't keep from pigeon-holing him as the "zombie guy."

Now that he wants to create a living dead franchise that he can control, people are suddenly asking "are zombies all that he can do?" What a joke.

PAY ATTENTION and THINK!
    I applaud you sir!