Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the Perfect weapon to stop zombies

United States
    OK, now this has got to be the ultimate zombie killer.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...m=89167469#PIC

But only to be beaten by this one!

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...cticoolGun.jpg
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 27-Feb-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the first gun might slow u down a bit against zombies but still hella cool

he must be a kane roberts fan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the first gun might slow u down a bit against zombies but still hella cool

he must be a kane roberts fan

Think that would probabaly slow you down a lot more than just a bit!
    Pretty sure that super swat piece was a joke (who the hell would accessorize to that degree), as well as the other one, or someone out there is getting rich off the stupidity of the American Consumer.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Think that would probabaly slow you down a lot more than just a bit!
    Pretty sure that super swat piece was a joke (who the hell would accessorize to that degree), as well as the other one, or someone out there is getting rich off the stupidity of the American Consumer.

lol true. im thinking swat might only need an 18th century rifle to grease anyone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    lol true. im thinking swat might only need an 18th century rifle to grease anyone.
    True that! You come from Los Angeles, so you know those SWAT dudes are hardcore. All they need to grease someone is a fierce scowl, with a pocket knife to back it up.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Pffft. I got all I need right here.
    Attached Images

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    Pffft. I got all I need right here.
    Hilarious dude!

Ireland
    I think I already have the perfect set-up right here in my flat. I have my Kimber 1911 in .45 acp (stop anything I need it to at 35 meters) My Russian AK-47 with a folding solid stock not the top folding wire one. My Mossberg 500 12 Ga. with a fore grip a heat shield a pistol grip swat stock and a Magazine adapter making it 8 and 1. I also have my good old Mosin Nagant M-44 for my long distance work.

This not even being all my guns mind you.

I would personally stray from the .22lr because the point is to destroy the brain not just Pierce the skull which the .22 LR has trouble with even at 50 Meters. Also I would try to stray from Wheel guns personally because they are slow low capacity and the kick is worse than the same calibre in an auto.

In My opinion if you are a civvie and don't have much Experience with firearms go with either a 1911 .45 acp and an AK-47 or if your looking for ammo compatibility a Colt AR carbine in 9MM and a P220 Sig in 9MM Both reliable and can do what you need em to in 80 meters and below.

Also here is my take on the AR/M-16 and the AK

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

United States
    Hey IRA, just curious: What sort of feedback can you give me on the Mosin Nagant? I've been seeing them in local stores retailing at under $90.00 and have been toying with idea of picking one up for the hell of it.

Ireland
    I personally own 2 of them. I would go for the M-44 Carbine they are Marginally lighter and a little bit shorter but still have all the Muzzle velocity of the M-38. The rounds are heavy hitters at 7.62x54R they also have a max kill range at around 850 meters if your a good shooter. They are fairly cheap to if you go to cheaperthandirt.com you can buy a 440 round sealed case for about $70 and more often than not you end up getting Yugo silver tips (steel core armor piercing rounds) About the Weapon itself they are (excuse the pun) Bullet proof, they have a good heavy stock and a sturdy bolt that can be broken down and cleaned then reassembled in under 2 minutes. loading wise you got a Internal 4 plus 1 magazine. There is a company now that sells fiberforce composite stocks and a scope rail so you can dress her up a bit or even turn it into a scout rifle. All around a damn fine buy for $86. I am personally turning my second one into a survival rifle for the trunk of my car I am gonna cut down the buttstock into a slanted pistol grip and cut the barrel down about 5 inches in front of the action I figure it would be a fun project something to bring to a gun show at least.

I say if you got the extra cash go for it youll thank me later or kill me cause of the recoil LOL!! But even that has been conquered by the bolt on Compensaters you can buy online but then you have to remove the built in tent steak Bayonet
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Undisclosed
    I would stay away from guns in the LONG run unless I had a way to make bullets. The guns would need maintainence and may fail under adverse conditions. I would go old school with the chain link protection, full armor, and upgrade to the Hattori Hanzo sword for good measure.

This would be way more fun than a long range gun. Think of the close combat you could have...
    Last edited by DJEvelEd; 21-Mar-2008 at 12:18 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by IRA_LCPL View Post

I say if you got the extra cash go for it youll thank me later or kill me cause of the recoil LOL!! But even that has been conquered by the bolt on Compensaters you can buy online but then you have to remove the built in tent steak Bayonet
    Thanks for the info, brother. I think I will pick up one upon my next paycheck. The price is right! Thanks again!

Undisclosed
    Heres a few of mine...although I would think, as I stated in other threads, a good .22 Cal. carbine with a large magazine would be super.

Fresh Meat

United States

I'll play

I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad.
    -Lews Therin Telamon

I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard.
    -Lews Therin Telamon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post

Skippy wins! He's got freakin' Megatron!!

Well, not really, but the look is close enough.