Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    dude's daughter doesn't show up till almost the very end. i got all the bike parts, gave katie the zombrex, beat the mechaninc, and then with about an hour to spare, headed back out to still creek. below is how to save bob and his daughter:

talk to bob, he'll tell you his daughter is in the hunting shop he owns. you then gotta jump across a few rooftops, run across an awning, and enter his shop through the roof. she insists you go get her dad before she leaves with you, so unlock the front door, go back, tell bob, then get his daughter and get back to the safe house.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    dude's daughter doesn't show up till almost the very end. i got all the bike parts, gave katie the zombrex, beat the mechaninc, and then with about an hour to spare, headed back out to still creek. below is how to save bob and his daughter:

talk to bob, he'll tell you his daughter is in the hunting shop he owns. you then gotta jump across a few rooftops, run across an awning, and enter his shop through the roof. she insists you go get her dad before she leaves with you, so unlock the front door, go back, tell bob, then get his daughter and get back to the safe house.
    I can't thank you enough for that time saver.

An hour to spare huh? You sure flew through it. I hear some had to do it in a couple of playthroughs.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    This game gives me a bigger feeling of that "zombie dread" than the last Resident Evil game, Blue Castle did a fantastic job.

Best 400 points I ever spent. Gonna try and get 200/200 today.

United States
    @darth: that extra hour to spare was an hour of DR time, so it was only a handful of minutes, i was cutting it very close to the deadline.

took me 3 or 4 attempts to get all achievements. still a very fun game, and i'll add to the consensus that it was the best 400ms points i ever spent.

United States
    Is it just me, or are the controls way less clunky feeling than Dead Rising one. I still cant stand the ranged weapon system tho.

Oh and thanks Professor. . .I'll try that tonight.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh, I tried talking to the dude after 7pm and it wouldn't even give me the option of speaking to him. I also went into the gun store and his daughter wasn't there. Kept checking all the way until military arrival.

I guess I'll get it on the next run through.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Tried case zero today and really did not like it. far too many loading times for a cohesive, fluid playthrough and the controls were too damn clunky. like getting stuck in an animation loop giving the zombies time to eat your shoulder or something.
    after a few hours play i think i'm gonna wait for dead rising 2 to drop down cheap preowned.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Tried case zero today and really did not like it. far too many loading times for a cohesive, fluid playthrough and the controls were too damn clunky. like getting stuck in an animation loop giving the zombies time to eat your shoulder or something.
    after a few hours play i think i'm gonna wait for dead rising 2 to drop down cheap preowned.
    Don't say that dude.

I respect your opinions on games and that really bummed me out being that I downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

You really think those load times will carry over to the retail game?

I'm getting flashbacks of RE outbreak as we speak.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Don't say that dude.

I respect your opinions on games and that really bummed me out being that I downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

You really think those load times will carry over to the retail game?

I'm getting flashbacks of RE outbreak as we speak.

They aint as long as outbreak, but pretty damn frequent. Plus it has that irritating capcom thing of cutscene>loading screen>cutscene>loading screen>walk across a room when you finally have some gameplay>loading screen>cutscene>loading screen ect, ect.

I guess when i really think about it i don't really see a reason to buy it and the only reason i was interested in it was because it had zombies in it. but replace them with anything and its a franchise with clunky gameplay, bad story, game breaking irritating mechanics like time management and stuff that might be fun for some people, but those are all negatives in terms of what i buy a videogame for.
    At the end of the day i was buying this for the zombies, but do i actually want this game? not really.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was actually going to come on here and bitch about the loading screens/times. They're getting on my last fucking nerve. I don't think it'll carry over into DR2, though; pretty sure it's just due to it being an arcade game.

Also, I hope they correct collision for DR2... every time I push the damn cart, I just barely graze something and it gets STUCK. When it gets stuck, your character lets go of the cart. Ugh. So then you grab it and try to back up... pull the left trigger... and it doesn't budge... your character lets go again and by this point you're practically surrounded by zombies. THEN you have to pick up the cart and carry it through a crowd of zombies before finding a clearing to set it down so you can continue pushing it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I was actually going to come on here and bitch about the loading screens/times. They're getting on my last fucking nerve. I don't think it'll carry over into DR2, though; pretty sure it's just due to it being an arcade game.
    That and this is an 'introduction' to the new game. Lets hope they keep the cuts scenes down in the actual retail version. *fingers crossed*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    That and this is an 'introduction' to the new game. Lets hope they keep the cuts scenes down in the actual retail version. *fingers crossed*
    Cutscenes aren't the problem imo. Every triple A title worth it's weight has top notch cutscenes and loading times aren't a problem.

But as you said this is not a AAA title.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    every time I push the damn cart, I just barely graze something and it gets STUCK. When it gets stuck, your character lets go of the cart. Ugh. So then you grab it and try to back up... pull the left trigger... and it doesn't budge... your character lets go again and by this point you're practically surrounded by zombies. THEN you have to pick up the cart and carry it through a crowd of zombies before finding a clearing to set it down so you can continue pushing it.
    I guess that's the trouble with the zombie apocalypse, not everything goes according to plan - people sent to rescue you shoot you between the eyes, bikers invade your shopping centre hideout or you get stuck down a hole with a military nut job and a half-mad scientist, and just occasionally your shopping trolley gets wedged on something when you least expect it to...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I guess that's the trouble with the zombie apocalypse, not everything goes according to plan - people sent to rescue you shoot you between the eyes, bikers invade your shopping centre hideout or you get stuck down a hole with a military nut job and a half-mad scientist, and just occasionally your shopping trolley gets wedged on something when you least expect it to...

Best post this morning.

I didn't think of it that way, but yeah, things don't go the way you plan them most of the time under normal circumstances let alone in the midst of an ELE.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Weird, I had the exact opposite reaction. I was completely down on this game, and thought it was a complete bomb in the making. Overall though, I can't give Blue Castle enough props. They got everything that made the first game a fun, quirky experience. From the buttrock soundtrack for the psychopaths, to the the noises when your weapons break or level up, it's everything a sequel should be, imo. If you told me the original team developed this, I'd believe you.

As far as clunky controls, you can only get Chuck to level 5 in CZ. Eventually he'll be able to maneuver and run faster. Remember how weak Frank was at the begining of the first game? By level 50 he was a beast, and you could simply karate chop your way to victory.