Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    At 2:39, is that the same one that bites Cholo in Land?....
    Close to it, but I don't think so ... I can see why you'd wonder that, though.

England
    Scene with Michonne from The Talking Dead

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Michonne clip that aired during last night's Talking Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKByQ24QzJA

The whole preview weekend was basically this clip. Not much of a "preview", really. Oh well....the comic con trailer is this week.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Sorry not impressed by that! Tacky rushing air sounds dubbed on when she, or her sword move? Tacky! Tacky!

And how on earth does she swing her sword when there's shelves in the way? Hmm... And where did those other two zombies appear from?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Sorry not impressed by that! Tacky rushing air sounds dubbed on when she, or her sword move? Tacky! Tacky!

And how on earth does she swing her sword when there's shelves in the way? Hmm... And where did those other two zombies appear from?
    Well, the video is a cam of the tv broadcast and the whole scene has no context. You can see the 2 other zombies at the beginning behind the lead one as it walks up the aisle.

Prison Set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a031s9eybQo
    Last edited by kidgloves; 09-Jul-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: n
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Well, the video is a cam of the tv broadcast and the whole scene has no context. You can see the 2 other zombies at the beginning behind the lead one as it walks up the aisle.
    OK! I can see them now... Still doesn't explain the strange wind sounds!

ps: [youtubehd]a031s9eybQo[/youtubehd] is the better/easier way to put these video in!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Damnit, the preview scene has been taken down before I can get to see it in those embedded videos!

Wait a mo - found it!

Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Jul-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Gone again!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^ Gone again!
    Well, at least I saw it, and once again, Neil: King of the Nitpickers finds some infintessimal element to blow up into a mountain of a problem for himself... ... the sound effects on the sword weren't a problem for me at all. I'd wager you'd miss it if there was no sound at all for the sword. The sounds help give a bit of life to the object, which you'll never be able to hold yourself, plus it would make some noise when it hacks through the spinal column and flesh as she decapitates the walkers. Even a stick makes a "woosh" noise if you swing it about.

As for space in the store - it looks like she adapted her swing/strike style for the close quarters situation ... kind of like how The Bride had to learn how to ultimately punch through a coffin which she was buried alive in, you know?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, at least I saw it, and once again, Neil: King of the Nitpickers finds some infintessimal element to blow up into a mountain of a problem for himself... ... ?
    Someone walking along does not make a swoosh. Someone running along does not make a swoosh. So why introduce such bollox! What is this, Teenage Mutant Ninija Turtles or something? And you mentioning Kill Bill is not a good thing because I'm scare it's going to go all Kill Bill on us with silly uber ninja stuff!

OK, so she's a sword expert, is the audience so dim we need daft audio queues to help us keep up?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Someone walking along does not make a swoosh. Someone running along does not make a swoosh. So why introduce such bollox! What is this, Teenage Mutant Ninija Turtles or something? And you mentioning Kill Bill is not a good thing because I'm scare it's going to go all Kill Bill on us with silly uber ninja stuff!

OK, so she's a sword expert, is the audience so dim we need daft audio queues to help us keep up?
    *sigh* ... I can't even be bothered to battle the sheer problem you have with such a minimal issue (that I, personally, had no issue with) ... it's just ... it's ... oh it's too much hassle ...

I'm getting flashbacks to the time you berated Wanted - a film by the guy who recently gave us Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - for being "unrealistic".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You should see some of the conversations i've been having on other forums. Some people are already saying that TWD has jumped the shark because of the little we've seen of Michonne. Which is what....about eighty seconds with no dialogue? If you try to tell them that Michonne is actually a fantastically written character with much more to do in the story other than be a zombie killing "ninja", they laugh and say that only works in the comics and only little kids read the comics.

It's funny that people seem to have a problem with Michonne simply because she uses a sword. If I were to be concerned about any of the new characters(which i'm not - Kirkman will maintain the integrity of his property), I would be more worried about The Governor. Forget Michonne and her swords, The Governor could easily turn out to be the most goofy and over-the-top character in TV history.....

BTW - that's not directed at you, Neil. The swoosh thing is probably a legitimate concern. These people i'm talking about are just complaining about a character they know nothing about.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jul-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *sigh* ... I'm getting flashbacks to the time you berated Wanted - a film by the guy who recently gave us Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - for being "unrealistic".
    What's that got to do with impossible sounds when people are walking? So, a person is walking... and there's a sounds you would never hear in your life produced by a person? $hit even Usain Bolt can't make air do that!?

All I can state is that the moment I watched that scene, all my *that's daft that's daft* alarms pinged off at the unnecessary sound(s). This isn't a chop suey flick, it's suppose to be grimey and realistic... It's doesn't need dressing up. The audience aren't idiots who need silly audio queues like this... are we?

What's next, bouncing around like Hidden Tiger Crouching Zombie to sex it up even more?

Prepares for next argument - But there's dead bodies walking around and you're questioning impossible sounds?

-- -------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Michonne is actually a fantastically written character with much more to do in the story other than be a zombie killing "ninja".
    Good to hear. And indeed a dozen seconds of footage is not enough to assess anything fairly...

And my issue with that sound is simply me stating my 'oh dear' warnings fired off when I heard that 'cartoonesque' uneccessary (help the dim audience and sex it up) sound effect
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I watched the clip again last night, for the umpteenth time, and I still don't know what your beef is. There's a mild swoosh as she passes camera - right up by the lens, very quickly, so you'd naturally put a little sound there to telegraph the moment a little more, in case the viewer blinks and misses it, or glances away for a moment ... the only sound effect I can even begin to see as possibly being 'over the top' or whatever is when she flicks the blade to get the blood off. The "shing!" is perhaps a bit loud (although I couldn't care less, personally), but a stern whip of the blade isn't going to be silent either - and like I said before, as a viewer you're not able to hold the blade yourself, so the sound effect replaces the 'feeling' if you will.

All the noises when she's attacking the zombies (with close combat techniques, I'd wager) make total sense. A blade slicing through meat and bone is going to make a noise.

I'm still amazed by how you can get so worked up about such a teeny weeny thing though, Neil ... you're nuts!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Jul-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: .