Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: whats your latest 360 achievement

United States
    recently got the "MANBEARPIG!" and "look for treasure achievements" in the south park tower defense game, making 7 complete games and putting me over 16k.

with mass effect, ME2, arkham asylum, red dead redemption and alan wake to play this summer, i should be getting to 20k within a few months.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Slinter Cell: Conviction

Merchant's Street Market: Realistic

Kobin's Mansion: Realisctic
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    I recently got pretty much all, bar about five, of the Assassin's Creed 2 achievements. Finished my play-through t'other day.

Next up, Alan Wake.

United States
    just got the "gunless wonder" achievement from alan wake. i'm up to an even 18k now....but i'm still missing from the HPoD leaderboards...which haven't been updated in weeks anyway...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    just got the "gunless wonder" achievement from alan wake. i'm up to an even 18k now....but i'm still missing from the HPoD leaderboards...which haven't been updated in weeks anyway...
    I just got the same achievement!

It's definitely one to be proud of.

The signal made we want to go back and get some more achievements.

I'm going to try to make it to cauldron lake in a half hour tommorrow night.

Wish me luck.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Finally got the one for holding someone as the charger for 15 seconds and for running 6 mutations, getting me a gnome! also 5 games of scavenge in a row. with a class random group of these 3 gals who worked so damn good together and we got 16 canisters each time and stopped the enemy team getting a single one. 8) now one more scavenge to win for another avatar award.

now only two charger ones to go, killing it when charging and the fucking 8 wedding chair one either andy or brett and i wasted like 2 hours trying to get when the passing first came out.

-plus a shitload in lost planet 2.

can ya tell i got a new XBAWKS!

leeroy went the way of leonard, now on box number 3: Montel should hopefully last longer.
    Last edited by Danny; 08-Aug-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just got a cool 1,000 points from playing through King Kong once and I got it in 2 days no less.

I also got the going through the Alan Wake signal achievment without restarting or reloading a checkpoint for another 50g.

The last one was reaching madman status in the court of madness in the Shivering isles for 20g bringing my weekend total to 1,070 which ain't too shabby at all.

Now if only they would update the arcade leaderboards here to reflect that.

Undisclosed
    Just picked ups some off of Castlevania harmony of despair... It's fun because of the co-op but it a bit like diet castlevania.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Just picked ups some off of Castlevania harmony of despair... It's fun because of the co-op but it a bit like diet castlevania.
    Co-op castlevania huh?

This is getting out of control.

There are some games that shouldn't be multiplayer despite the fact that it's the hot fad right now.

They just looks silly.

RE, bioshock and castlevania are 3 of them.

What's next? A silent hill co-op?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Co-op castlevania huh?

This is getting out of control.

There are some games that shouldn't be multiplayer despite the fact that it's the hot fad right now.

They just looks silly.

RE, bioshock and castlevania are 3 of them.

What's next? A silent hill co-op?

Well multiplayer has been around since the beginning... There was some game called pong... Some old dude told me about it.

It's not really a fad and it's not going anywhere either...
    Among the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well multiplayer has been around since the beginning... There was some game called pong... Some old dude told me about it.

It's not really a fad and it's not going anywhere either...
    LOL.

Of course. I just think that MP is detracting from the main campaign in some instances and it's a shame.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    LOL.

Of course. I just think that MP is detracting from the main campaign in some instances and it's a shame.

In all fairness on games with heavy plot and lots of dialogue I get what your saying... But as long as they don't force you to play multiplayer then you get the best of both worlds... You can play by yourself and after you have beaten the game you can call a buddy and he can come over and play with you or you can jump on xbl and play with friends... Seems like a win win... Unless it is poorly executed like RE:Outbreak for example were your ai partners are like drunken babies you have to babysit.

While gaming history has many examples of that I think it is a worthy trade off... All though Halo 3 doesn't really itself rank in all time favorites I would saying playing Halo3 co-op launch nite with 3 friends on xbl is one of my all time favorite experiences on a game.

For me personally the multiplayer experience has provided some of the best moments I have had with games...
    Among the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    as a long time fan of the series who has played every game in the franchise, even the shitty puzzle spin offs of original gameboy mess of a game titles this is the shittiest castlevania yet.

It's just taking old sprites from games varying between nintendo ds and sega saturn on the same screen and the controls are worse than symphony of the night on the saturn 15 odd years ago.
    It's odd to say but this is a castlevania to avoid like the plague, moreso than simons quest or castlevania 64!

now i gotta listen to bloody tears and vampire killer to get the shitty xbla co-op buttrocked out version out of my memories.

Glad i tried the demo, my moneys going on limbo instead.

United States
    Harmony of Despair is actually really good. Shame they don't let you try out the multiplayer in the demo as that's how the game is meant to be played. Not sure why they even included a singleplayer portion.

And hells, how are the controls "worse than symphony of the night on the saturn 15 odd years ago"? They control almost exactly the same! You're shitting on almost every game lately, what gives?

Edit: I will admit though, once you level up Alucard he's basically so powerful it breaks the game, hopefully they'll add a "very hard" patch asap.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 09-Aug-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In all fairness on games with heavy plot and lots of dialogue I get what your saying... But as long as they don't force you to play multiplayer then you get the best of both worlds... You can play by yourself and after you have beaten the game you can call a buddy and he can come over and play with you or you can jump on xbl and play with friends... Seems like a win win... Unless it is poorly executed like RE:Outbreak for example were your ai partners are like drunken babies you have to babysit.

While gaming history has many examples of that I think it is a worthy trade off... All though Halo 3 doesn't really itself rank in all time favorites I would saying playing Halo3 co-op launch nite with 3 friends on xbl is one of my all time favorite experiences on a game.

For me personally the multiplayer experience has provided some of the best moments I have had with games...

Oh, I agree.

Left 4 dead is the best gaming experience I've ever had, no argument there.

So it's not like I'm atacking or anti-multiplayer, it's just that for some games the multiplayer just feels wrong/tacked on.

But yeah, there are some that it's a shining example of what the experience can be.