Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Mmm, difference is that I didn't shout like a baby. I said it all calm. Kill Bill style.

Seriously though, who is that immature kid? Does he think he's cool or something for posting a video of him losing it like a little brat? Honestly, I know it sounds bad but he really needs a good old fashioned kicking-in to sort him out. He's the kind of person I'd enjoy hurting 'cos I know he'd be snivelling like a baby in two seconds flat. C**t.
    I surprised you never became a pro fighter. You have the bloodlust and attitude for it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    cop car rammed me today when i had a 4 star wanted level and the passenger cop flew out the windshield and through my own so i drove with a dead cops arse sticking out the car and the pay and spray wouldn't re-spray it because of that

United States
    that's amazing, hells. talk about detail.

i've been doing the most wanted missions using the police computer. earlier i had to check up on some gang activity, and i pull in and they start blasting on me, so i jumped out, dove behind a dumpster, (bullets hitting the dumpsters sound so authentic!) got under cover, then chucked a grenade out. there were four dudes, all ducked behind a car. the grenade took out the car and all four dudes. what a fun fukken game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that's amazing, hells. talk about detail.

i've been doing the most wanted missions using the police computer. earlier i had to check up on some gang activity, and i pull in and they start blasting on me, so i jumped out, dove behind a dumpster, (bullets hitting the dumpsters sound so authentic!) got under cover, then chucked a grenade out. there were four dudes, all ducked behind a car. the grenade took out the car and all four dudes. what a fun fukken game.
    dont know if your there yet but wait till your 40% in then you should have the rocket launcher adn the sniper rifle, had both for the first playboy mission, honestly took under 2 minutes to leave the place a smoking wreck.

United States
    yeah man, i'm somewhere around 50% right now.

and yes, the rpg is fun. there's one on a large rock (visible on map screen) just north of algonquin (middle island). take a boat to the north of the rock, then climb/jump to the steep southern end of the rock. i stock up there all the time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im at 50%, just got the D, J and G missions on the map left right now, the story mode is around 60% so i think im getting pretty close to finishing after a long stint today, the other missions are allright but when im done with most of the main and sub ones i think ill be done with it.

-oh, found were ricky gevais' stand up plays in the game, go to algonquin and its in the a club lit up by pink neon lights, on the 3rd road in on the south western side. it actually made me laugh, jokes about commmandos going cammando and getting bonders from hand gestures but it was only 5 minutes long, i heard he did a full hour of stadn up, maybe youve gotta go in a few seperate times to get it all, but it made me laugh.

"ricky gervias, rotund comdeian?, im not rotund, rotund sounds like the name of a ****ing giant wombat!"
    Last edited by Danny; 12-May-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    then you got the OTHER side of the spectrum-

Wow! there is idiotic behavior then there is this kid. that is some of the most ridiculous behavior ever. hard to tell how old he is but it seems he still lives at home so:

a. he clearly needs some sort of therapy
    b. his parents need to take that fu*king game away every time he throws one of these tantrums and not give it back. do it on a sliding scale. 1st time it is 2 days. 2d time a week. 3rd time a month. 4th time the thing goes in the fu*king trash and no more video games for junior.

totally asinine to act that way over a damn game. that kid ought to be totally and completely ashamed of himself.
    Last edited by Mike70; 12-May-2008 at 04:37 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm at 49.96%, I've still gotta get around to D and G, but I've been focussing on Ray at the moment.

I must go check out the Gervais stuff, I haven't properly checked out the middle island beyond doing missions, and haven't even touched the third island yet, just went for a short cruise around.

Must have a monster sesh today, that'll cure my jippy gut.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    -oh, found were ricky gevais' stand up plays in the game, go to algonquin and its in the a club lit up by pink neon lights, on the 3rd road in on the south western side. it actually made me laugh, jokes about commmandos going cammando and getting bonders from hand gestures but it was only 5 minutes long, i heard he did a full hour of stadn up, maybe youve gotta go in a few seperate times to get it all, but it made me laugh.

"ricky gervias, rotund comdeian?, im not rotund, rotund sounds like the name of a ****ing giant wombat!"
    It sounds like a lot of the material is out of his latest stand-up tour, though I heard there was some new stuff as well. Still funny though

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well....my GTAIV days are over for now. My 360 is freezing EVERY TIME I play. The most play time I get in before it freezes is about 10 minutes. I've just got to hope that my warranty is still in effect.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Well....my GTAIV days are over for now. My 360 is freezing EVERY TIME I play. The most play time I get in before it freezes is about 10 minutes. I've just got to hope that my warranty is still in effect.

So is it just on GTAIV, or does it freeze with other games? I had the problem with Rainbow 6 II and it was all due to a disc that had been scored up pretty bad during use (I still contend the 360 managed to ruin it, not I).

Any red ring of death? How old is your 360?

PS--That sucks and good luck, man!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    So is it just on GTAIV, or does it freeze with other games? I had the problem with Rainbow 6 II and it was all due to a disc that had been scored up pretty bad during use (I still contend the 360 managed to ruin it, not I).

Any red ring of death? How old is your 360?

PS--That sucks and good luck, man!
    Nah...it's doing it on other games too. No red ring....it just freezes about 10 minutes into play. It's roughly a year and a half old...

Anyone know any 360 forums or a FAQ page for problems with the system?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Nah...it's doing it on other games too. No red ring....it just freezes about 10 minutes into play. It's roughly a year and a half old...

Anyone know any 360 forums or a FAQ page for problems with the system?
    I'd assume you got a faulty disc, man. Bummer. Try taking it back to where you got it and exchanging it for a new copy.

Also, xbox.com forums.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'd assume you got a faulty disc, man.
    Well...I thought that at first too. But it's not my copy of GTAIV because I popped in Halo 3 and Dead Rising and they all froze, as well. It's the console....

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out over at the Xbox.com FAQ(Thanks Mike). It never used to do this freezing thing when I first got the system because it was ON TOP of my entertainment center. A few weeks back I put it INSIDE the entertainment center. A closed in shelf with other (hot)appliances such as the surround sound system and tv. I bet it's over-heating. That's what the site suggests, anyway. I'm going to try moving back in the open when I get home and hopefully that will solve it. Wish me luck.

I should have thought of that seeing as how overheating was a problem with people when the system was first released.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-May-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    sorry dude, freezings the first sign of rrod.