Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    A few weeks back I put it INSIDE the entertainment center. A closed in shelf with other (hot)appliances such as the surround sound system and tv. I bet it's over-heating.
    That's the worst thing you could do to a 360. Even if you put it inside an entertainment center WITHOUT any other electronics, it'd still be a horrible move; the 360 needs LOADS of space/air/ventilation.

By having it enclosed with lots of other electronics, you've probably murdered your 360. The solder they use on the motherboards of the 360's is very cheap and easily liquifies under the heat that the 360 naturally causes, if the system is not well ventilated. The liquifying of the solder causes key components to come apart from the motherboard and the system, essentially, breaks.

My advice is to get it the hell out of that center, give it space, and even have a small desk fan blowing on the back of it while you play it. (putting it on soda bottle caps does even better for it)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    That's the worst thing you could do to a 360. Even if you put it inside an entertainment center WITHOUT any other electronics, it'd still be a horrible move; the 360 needs LOADS of space/air/ventilation.

By having it enclosed with lots of other electronics, you've probably murdered your 360. The solder they use on the motherboards of the 360's is very cheap and easily liquifies under the heat that the 360 naturally causes, if the system is not well ventilated. The liquifying of the solder causes key components to come apart from the motherboard and the system, essentially, breaks.

My advice is to get it the hell out of that center, give it space, and even have a small desk fan blowing on the back of it while you play it. (putting it on soda bottle caps does even better for it)
    Yeah, I've been kicking myself for putting it in the entertainment center. The fan and bottle caps is a good idea, though. Thanks for the advice, kind sir.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I've been kicking myself for putting it in the entertainment center. The fan and bottle caps is a good idea, though. Thanks for the advice, kind sir.
    Yeah, I'm on my third system due to this console being cheaply produced and me not giving the first two systems ULTRA ventilation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well....it was too late. After multiple tries last night....I called Microsoft. Good thing is, my warranty is good until 2010. Hopefully I'll get my 360 back within a month. I'm going to miss Niko.

capncnut
    The way I combat overheating is that I don't play it for more than a few hours at a time. Takes about 30-60 mins to cool down and then bang, off I go again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The way I combat overheating is that I don't play it for more than a few hours at a time. Takes about 30-60 mins to cool down and then bang, off I go again.
    It was really rare for me to play it for more than two hours. Most of the time I didn't even play it for an hour. I guess putting it on an enclosed shelf was what did it in.

At least I don't have to pay anything to have it fixed. It just sucks that it happened after I got invested into GTAIV. Oh well.....maybe now I will be more motivated to do things around the house. Like finish the nursery for the baby that's due in 2 months. Yeah.....Nikko has been priority #1 lately.

I can't imagine how I'll be when Ghostbusters is released in October. "Honey....the baby's crying. I'm about to catch a class 5 full-roaming vapor.....so uhhh.....you should take care of the kid!"

Super Moderator

UK
    It was really rare for me to play it for more than two hours. Most of the time I didn't even play it for an hour. I guess putting it on an enclosed shelf was what did it in.

At least I don't have to pay anything to have it fixed. It just sucks that it happened after I got invested into GTAIV. Oh well.....maybe now I will be more motivated to do things around the house. Like finish the nursery for the baby that's due in 2 months. Yeah.....Nikko has been priority #1 lately.

I can't imagine how I'll be when Ghostbusters is released in October. "Honey....the baby's crying. I'm about to catch a class 5 full-roaming vapor.....so uhhh.....you should take care of the kid!"

It's how it should be Bassman, it's how it should be.

I had my longest ever Xbox sesh today, 2 and a half hours ... tame by some of you loser's standards, hahaha, but for me that was a surprisingly long sesh.

I kept getting asked out on man-dates and I hate to say no (except to "buht secks" ) so I ended up going on like 3 in a row, which ended up being long-winded affairs.

That is one downside to the whole friend thing in-game, at times you're seemingly always getting pestered by all your various friends. I think there should be a bit of leeway, like you shouldn't be thought less of because you were too busy out-running the cops cos you just ran over three prozzies down by the docks, sheesh!

I'm somewhere between 58 and 60 percent through now too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I had my longest ever Xbox sesh today, 2 and a half hours ...
    pfft, amatuer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

That is one downside to the whole friend thing in-game, at times you're seemingly always getting pestered by all your various friends. I think there should be a bit of leeway, like you shouldn't be thought less of because you were too busy out-running the cops cos you just ran over three prozzies down by the docks, sheesh!
    I'm sure you probably know, but on the cell phone there's a "sleep mode" that can be chosen and it stops the story progression of the game. I usually turn that on when I just want to go out and start some sh*t....

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder if there's an option at all to turn off man dates so you can just get on with your missions?

Probably not though, just that one you said which turns it all off.

I've played for over 4 hours today in total, so for me that's a fair bit of play. Just got my mits on the Lambo, noiiice!

Spent most of my second sesh today visiting whores and strippers, hahaha.

United Kingdom
    While I knew he'd have some choice words to say about it, I knew Yahtzee wouldn't hate it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...-Theft-Auto-IV

Undisclosed
    Damn, I just went through one hell of a battle. But ended up getting killed. I had to go to a condo full of gang members armed to the teeth and I had to kill their leader. After going through them I battle out of the condo with the cops. I steal a cop car only to ditch it at a high speed after being corned. I kill more cops and steal a paddy wagon and ram through 3 of their roadblocks with a chopper chasing me the whole time. I almost had a maxed out wanted level, so they send out the S.W.A.T. teams to pursue as well. I ended up botching a jump stunt over some water, which would have been the perfect get away. At least from the cars and S.W.A.T. trucks. I was shot by the S.W.A.T. team while trying to escape on foot. Any way of taking out that chopper?

Man, that was exciting!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im at 60% and only have the mission to get the cocaine off the russians to do and im stuck right now.

im still enjoying it but glitches are getting more noticeable the more you play, im starting to notice some serious frame rate lags, and even some jumps in the later cutscenes.
    the drawn distance is having some trouble, ill drive onto a green square and then a minute later grass will spring out of nowhere and trash cans and stuff.
    and sometimes, well, quite often now i think about it, i will shoot an enemy and the "corpse" will get up and sort of...i dunno breakdance and ill think hes just getting back up and empty more wasted bullets into this dancing cadaver whilst getting raped by the one is haven't killed yet.

heres a glitch example: http://www.justin.tv/fourplayerpodca...30/Ceiling_Man

im really wondering why it was given 10/10 everywhere, its great but there are some really big faults that needed fixing before release, all faulty freezing copies aside, that would have at least lowered it to a 9.
    Last edited by Danny; 15-May-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im still enjoying it but glitches are getting more noticeable the more you play, im starting to notice some serious frame rate lags, and even some jumps in the later cutscenes.
    the drawn distance is having some trouble, ill drive onto a green square and then a minute later grass will spring out of nowhere and trash cans and stuff.
    and sometimes, well, quite often now i think about it, i will shoot an enemy and the "corpse" will get up and sort of...i dunno breakdance and ill think hes just getting back up and empty more wasted bullets into this dancing cadaver whilst getting raped by the one is haven't killed yet.
    Clear the cache on your XBOX and these problems will be fixed. I don't have stuff like that happen to me and I'm pretty sure it's because I cleared my cache not very long ago.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Clear the cache on your XBOX and these problems will be fixed. I don't have stuff like that happen to me and I'm pretty sure it's because I cleared my cache not very long ago.
    When you say "clear the cache"...

1) What does that mean?
    2) What does that do?
    3) How do you do it?

It doesn't delete save games or your profile with all your points or any such sh*t does it?