Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: the "what song are you listening to now?" thread.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    christ, moon...i think when they say now, they mean now...not what's the last twenty songs you've listened to...

unless you listen to 'em all at the same time to pick up coded messages...

I was going through Youtube & checking stuff out, adding it to the post as I went & then just posted it all in one shot. Seemed easier than posting a different one every 10 minutes or so.

United Kingdom
    Teen spirit = Nirvana cover by Tory Amos
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    All along the watchtower from the watchmen soundtrack.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Hellsing - have you heard the new CKY track "Hellions On Parade"?

If not, check it out, from the new album of course - I dig it - already sounding a lot better than their previous album from what, 4 years ago now?

Heard "A#1 Roller Rager" today for the first time as well, noice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hellsing - have you heard the new CKY track "Hellions On Parade"?

If not, check it out, from the new album of course - I dig it - already sounding a lot better than their previous album from what, 4 years ago now?

Heard "A#1 Roller Rager" today for the first time as well, noice.
    waiting for the cd release, i was talking with a few guys on the set of my final uni project during a break on filming and we got on the topic of cky and we all pretty much agreed that there not the same and for a few of us this is the "last break" album, if its great ,rad, if its not, its the final nail in the coffin for a few of us, i mean sure HIM aint the same but theyve kept coming up with new shit you can tap your fingers on your desk to but in recent years cky is a bunch of dudes in there early 30's or somethign close writing songs like angry teenagers, and its more than a bit cringeworthy yknow?

if you gotta whine about paying bills and feeding your kids in interviews its not angst anymore, its blues.

actually, they should go and do a jazz blues album, just because no one would see it coming.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't you mean from Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" album?

Speaking of Dylan...his latest album, "Together Through Life" is pretty damn good if anyone is interested.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    speaking of "the times they are a changin'" follow by "im a boogie man"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    dog inside your body - butthole surfers. one of the coolest song titles ever.

Super Moderator

UK
    waiting for the cd release, i was talking with a few guys on the set of my final uni project during a break on filming and we got on the topic of cky and we all pretty much agreed that there not the same and for a few of us this is the "last break" album, if its great ,rad, if its not, its the final nail in the coffin for a few of us, i mean sure HIM aint the same but theyve kept coming up with new shit you can tap your fingers on your desk to but in recent years cky is a bunch of dudes in there early 30's or somethign close writing songs like angry teenagers, and its more than a bit cringeworthy yknow?

if you gotta whine about paying bills and feeding your kids in interviews its not angst anymore, its blues.

actually, they should go and do a jazz blues album, just because no one would see it coming.
    Although to be fair they haven't had a new album in 4 years - An Answer Can Be Found - which was one they all admit their heart wasn't in. Then they broke up for a year or two between that and now this new one about to come out.

From the samples and tracks that I've heard so far, it's good.

Vol. 1 and IDR were both awesome, so one dud album (AACBF) and damn near writing them off is a bit harsh I'd say.

England

Quality come back from the prodigy boys after 11 years of mediocre output,new albums back to the awesomeness of jilted generation & fat of the land!

Super Moderator

UK

I've not heard a lot of A Flock Of Seagulls, but what I have heard, I like - who doesn't love 80s music?

This track was on Ashes To Ashes a couple of weeks ago (episode 2 of series 2) during the end credits (but the bloody announcer talked all over most of it, I wish they've stop doing that, as well as that shit where they shrink the credit screen into the corner so they can announce not only via a voice over, but with a bloody picture too!

Anyway - this track - "Wishing" by A Flock Of Seagulls has been swimming around my head all day today.

Actually, I've just been off and bought the Best Of album.

United Kingdom
    TooL, Ticks and Leaches
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dachan-da View Post
    TooL, Ticks and Leaches
    "I hope you're choking, I hope you choke on this."

Seeing The Black Crowes tomorrow so I'm refreshing myself by cramming in a few albums.

United States
    Baroness - Wanderlust

Not the best quality, but you get the idea:

Last edited by CoinReturn; 16-May-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Spare me any of your groaning, but I've been into the new Green Day album - and I dig it (but if you didn't like American Idiot, you won't like 21st Century Breakdown ... fortunately I did like A.I. so I'm good).

I don't care what any of you think, I'm just doing what the thread title demands of me.

Also, I've been digging the "Best of A Flock of Seagulls" album I got t'other day.

Then next week I've got the new CKY album coming - "Carver City".

I haven't bought a CD since this time last year, and all of a sudden three albums come along at once.

I've also heard a couple of the new Marilyn Manson tracks from "We're From America" (out in a few days), and it sounds alright to me...not that I'm a big fan, it's more the sound, rather than the lyrics I like.

Anyway ... aye, that's what I've been listening to lately.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-May-2009 at 04:13 PM.