Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamer Decades

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Yeah, if a game looks cool, it sometimes isn't. But if a game looks shitty it almost always is.

As common sense would dictate: if you only pick up games that look cool, you have a better chance of avoiding suckage.

Me thinks the chances of someone being caught off gaurd by a game nowdays is remote with a the hype preceeding a release and the reviews once it's out.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Me thinks the chances of someone being caught off gaurd by a game nowdays is remote with a the hype preceeding a release and the reviews once it's out.

that doesnt just apply to modern games though, look at the origional zelda or metroid compared to shit like solar jetman or bible games, even with tech holdbacks they still create a style thats iconic, and thats the same today, shitty looking games often shit. teh moar j00 no.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    that doesnt just apply to modern games though, look at the origional zelda or metroid compared to shit like solar jetman or bible games, even with tech holdbacks they still create a style thats iconic, and thats the same today, shitty looking games often shit. teh moar j00 no.

Oh no there's no doubt that every gen has it's share of shit. But back in the day you might have said, "oh bible adventures, it'll be cool to kill goliath." And take the blind plunge. Nowdays every gaming site would have a big fat 0 on a scale of one to ten and people would automatically steer clear of it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Those old game boxes certainly had some interesting art on the cover, huh?

They were probably made by the same dudes who used to draw fabio on romance novel covers.

now that you mention him....

That dude was promoting a rollercoaster in the 80s/90s and got his nose broken from a flying bird...totally hilarious...the only person to get hit by a bird on that rollercoaster was the cheesy douchebag promoting it...I still cry with laughter when the coaster pulls back into the station only to see his face covered in blood...WIN.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    That dude was promoting a rollercoaster in the 80s/90s and got his nose broken from a flying bird...totally hilarious...the only person to get hit by a bird on that rollercoaster was the cheesy douchebag promoting it...I still cry with laughter when the coaster pulls back into the station only to see his face covered in blood...WIN.
    you know, i really worry about most of us. you're usually so mr. non-violence but i guess that fabio brings out the worst in us all.

and yes, i find the bird smacking him one about the face funny as hell too.

guess we are both ate up.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

The bird actually died: Goose - 0 | Fabio's neb of steel - 1 hahaha
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 18-Jan-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

The bird actually died: Goose - 0 | Fabio's neb of steel - 1 hahaha
    i never understood the fascination with this guy. to me, all men are equally repulsive looking and i do mean all of them.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Yeah, he's like a pansy Scott Bakula on steroids.