8 47.06%
  • N64

0 0%
  • Playstation One

3 17.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retro Games

England
    I adore the Millipede game! I had it on the Gameboy also as a kid and i used to play it in the playground most days.

What did i say MZ it will all seem brand new again, nothing better than going back to the past my man! nothing bad with that at all. Ive just beat all the superstars in 12 mins on WF Wrestlemania steel cage on the master system, i could never do this as a kid so 12 mins is an achievment

man im sad

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I was just thinking earlier that I wish I had one of the NFL hockey games like in Mallrats and Swingers, it looked like a fun game.

Anyway, aye it was all rather new again, all my muscle memory was gone and I messed up a few times by being slow on the uptake, hehe.

Does anyone remember a game called Zero Tolerance? That was, if not the first, one of my first introductions to the FPS genre, man I loved that game. All crazy robots and aliens in a high rise or something like that, hehe, there was an awesome lazer-sighted gun as well.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol, I was just thinking earlier that I wish I had one of the NFL hockey games like in Mallrats and Swingers, it looked like a fun game.
    NFL hockey? BWAAAHAAA!

Seriously though, some of the old NHL games were okay. I actually own the one Jason Lee is playing in Mallrats, 'SEGA All Star Hockey' (ah, I remember those days you HAD to pause your game when you went to bed) and it's still worth a bash to this day. Just like some of the other sports games of old, notably PGA Golf 2, World Cup Italia 90 and F1 (arguably the best Formula One game ever).
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Nov-2006 at 10:08 PM.

England
    i still enjoy plaing a good game of fifa international. I have all the fifas to date on well apart from the nintendo ones. I enjoy having a quick play on that now an then. Although i have NHL 95 and that kicks ass on those bored rainy days.

Although my favourite sports game ever is NBA Steet the first one on the PS2 me and my mates played this for hours and i am unbeaten in over 300 games on it I LOVE IT!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    What? No NES or Atari? Those are the ones I would vote for. And technically they're more retro than most of those...

Exactly bassman. But remember he is only 19!!! he was born in 86 or 87, so there's no way he could know about atari and the impact it had on us at the time. Still it was the sega master system that got screwed. I had one and it was awesome but with nintendo controlling 90% of the industry at the time it didn't stand a chance. For some reason the dreamcast and master system didn't take off. Is sega incompetant? What do u atribute that to?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Exactly bassman. But remember he is only 19!!!
    And not feeble old codgers like ourselves, huh Darth?

By the way Scotty, this is a good thread so I've decided to keep it alive and talk more retro bollocks. I was recently playing Bezerk on the Atari 2600, what a crazy little game! The objective is to make your way around the most poorly designed mazes from room to room without being killed by androids (which are represented as little more than bright white squares). The problem is, the walls electrify you and the androids have blasters. The more you progress through the rooms, the lasers get faster and faster. I remember whizzing through this game as a wee nipper but I could only manage a few rooms when I last played it.

Green Beret on the ZX Spectrum is another. Ah, I can telepathically hear the unified orgasm of old-skool gamers as they with squirt in their pants with joy at the very name. A side-scrolling military shoot 'em up it is, a walk in the park it most definitely 'aint! But that never stopped you from trying. Only once do I recall getting to the last battle of the game only to have the downstairs electric meter run out and my heroic efforts were cruelly snatched from me. In those days, you couldn't save your progress so in revenge I taped over my Phillips C-90 cassette (which had 20 or so crap games on it except Green Beret) with 'Now That's What I Call Music 1'.

Lastly (for now ) there was another game on the Speccy called Skooldaze. It was a very early blend of the Sims and Grange Hill where you were in control of a kid and you took him through a week at school. Armed with a peashooter, the aim of the game was to cause as much mayhem as possible without getting caught. For example you could spit at a teacher but as long as you wasn't the closest schoolkid near to him, you could get away with it. There were blackboards you could write on (no automatic censor in this game), lessons to be bunked and even the sequel Back To Skool, introduced a female character you could meet up with behind the bikesheds at lunchtime.

Truly great titles, I only hope they get put on Xbox Live in the future so a new generation of gamers can appreciate them. I could go on all day about this! Did I tell you about the game Booty? Ah, next time... next time...

England
    HAHA i have no idea what games you are talking about Capn but ill let you off as yes i am only 19!! shame really. i was going to buy an atari the other month but i thought why should i? and never got round to it no doubt i will in the near future because it truley is a retro legend.

I only really know consoles from the Master System/ NES onwards and my collection of games keep growing and hopefully they will never end!

United States
    I am looking at my atari2600 I got when it came out right now. Defender was the shiznit. Cost me 28 bucks which was a fortune back then (1981?)
    Tank was my first game. A single game black and white console. That game rules and I still have that too.
    THATS retro, not some goddamn gameboy!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty Boy View Post
    i was going to buy an atari the other month but i thought why should i? and never got round to it no doubt i will in the near future because it truley is a retro legend.
    Next time you should pull the wonga from your pocket and slap it on the counter. You wont regret it.