Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: decisions, decisions...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    If they we laughing at 1968's "Night of the Living Dead", I can understand why. Judith O'Dea's acting is a farce in parts and to a modern audience (especially one who's never seen it before) it can be very clunky overall. It's still a fine film for the right people, with a humdinger ending.
    Agreed. I was also amazed and satified at the ammount of people that had never seen Night at the screening. The same people that were laughing through the rest of the movie, added to the collective sharp intake of breath when Ben gets shot. Having seen the movie a zillion times, I often forget how suprising this is to a Night virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Oddly, I still think the acting holds up well, but maybe it's because I understand the context of the era it was made in, the miniscule budget, the mix of working & amateur actors, etc.
    I do too, but I can see how the younger folk don't get that.
    Last edited by clanglee; 27-Mar-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Wow...This response is excellent. Sorry for taking so long to reply to your suggestions. The input was very valuable. And much appreciated.

It was a tough decision, but we decided to go for Dawn as a midnight film to lecture on. For a late night crowd (who probably is familiar with the trilogy already), it carried the most bang for the buck.

For those of you in the Chicago area, please try to attend! I'll be presenting "There's No More Room in Hell, So Let's Go Shopping" a lecture on Dawn of the Dead followed by a screening and post-screening discussion at midnight, June 27 as a part of Facets Night School--held at Facets Multi-Media, 1517 West Fullerton. It should be good times galore.

Facets Night School begins May 2 and runs Saturdays through June 27. We're featuring lectures and screenings of The Holy Mountain, Street Trash, Quadrophenia, The Entity, Night of the Hunter, Eat the Rich, Symbiopsychotaxiplasm, Labyrith and Dawn of the Dead. Lectures begin at midnight, followed by a screening, etc. Only 5 bucks, too!

More info can be found at Facets' website:

www.facets.org/cinematheque/nightschool

Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks again.

Canada
    I would go with NOTLD mostly because it has a classic feel to it, some of the younger people (I said some ) Are actually finding the old horror classic movies appealing, especially when they have recently seen the remakes, unfortunately, Dawn is a little too dated, kids seem to get a laugh out of it...My Niece and Nephew, in their twenties now, got a big giggle out of Dawn, they actually say and you think this is a classic but NOTLD doesn't seem to age and people seem to know of this film more so than Dawn and Day...