Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: return of the living dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    UNITED WE STAND

You Romero purests just don't get it. Return is the anti zombie movie. It puts every horror cliche into a great comedic story and to wrap it all up, it has zombies.
    DO YOU WANNA PARTY?
    amen. i'll say it again i totally dig return. the movie is fun as all hell and shouldn't be taken too seriously. like clang said it doesn't have the obvious, heavy handed social "commentary" of romero's films. sometimes i think romero is trying to be the ingmar bergman or john cassavetes of horror,which he most certainly is not (both were better directors on their worst days than george will ever be on his best), by making these grand, sweeping comments on society and human nature.
    Last edited by Mike70; 10-Jan-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know Romero has another DAWN of the DEAD in him, I just wish he would he do the friggin' thing already because I would hate to see him pass away and leave a turd like his new flick is looking, and that be the film he is judged on for the rest of the world to see.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I know Romero has another DAWN of the DEAD in him, I just wish he would he do the friggin' thing already because I would hate to see him pass away and leave a turd like his new flick is looking, and that be the film he is judged on for the rest of the world to see.
    maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. the man is pushing 70. i think george's legacy will always be tied to the first 3 dead movies and the other cool flicks (martin, creepshow,etc) he made when he was much younger.

capncnut
    I know Romero has another DAWN of the DEAD in him...
    I really hope so but I think you're being a little too optimistic, mate.

Super Moderator

United States
    I know Romero has another DAWN of the DEAD in him...
    I hope it's sealed up in a ziploc bag.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love it how people seem to think that if someone doesn't like a film it means they don't "get it".

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love it how people seem to think that if someone doesn't like a film it means they don't "get it".
    that is the first line of fanboy defense. i understand why you don't dig return and i can respect that. i think the movie is fun but not "getting it"?? what the hell is there to get about it. it isn't aristotle for christ sake's.

United States
    Yeah, can't I just plain not like a movie? I need to "get it" and understand all this hidden crap? What if I just plain don't like it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would just like to say something about the "new" dawn of the dead from Romero. It won't happen. That film is done and is what it is.

Anyone looking for something like that is just setting themselves up for the ultimate let down. Not ONE of his films have been similar to another. Not a single one. You expect that to change now?
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jan-2009 at 10:16 PM.

United States
    I Love ROTLD....great flick to sit back and bong out too
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    ummm. . never said that.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    that is the first line of fanboy defense. i understand why you don't dig return and i can respect that. i think the movie is fun but not "getting it"?? what the hell is there to get about it. it isn't aristotle for christ sake's.
    Saying that someone doesn't get it, is just another way of saying the film is boring.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    ummm. . never said that.
    ummm...did I quote you in my post? What makes you think I'm talking about you?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd rather just enjoy these films for what they are. So what they talk and eat brains? It's the film makers vision. Who are we to knock that?

If someone doesn't like it then just ignore it. No one's making anyone watch anything. That's the whole reason Savini was so pissed off about the night remake. Let the man make the film that's in his head for christ's sake.

How many vampire movies have we seen where the "rules" are different. In some of them garlic and holy water don't do jack shit but no one bats an eye. We all just say, " hey that's just they way they are in this movie." and we just keep it moving. But for some reason whenever someone dares have an alternate vision of what a zombie should be, people go apeshit over it.

Just some thoughts.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    ummm...did I quote you in my post? What makes you think I'm talking about you?
    I guess it was the general use of the word people without some specification. . like "some people" I dunno.

but I'll tell you this Bass. . . you don't get it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."