Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: return of the living dead part 1 and 2...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrosse View Post
    Okay, Im going to have to ask you all to step back, because this rant is going to blow. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, ROTLD2. I hate it. I cant say it enough times. I thougt I was the dumbest thing that i had ever seen. Could not stand it. It was an insult to me, and my underpants. Watching movies like that, makes me yearn for Government Censorship. Just to spare my fragile little mind from that horrible injustice, I thought of hiring a hypnotist to take advantage of me (sexually)while under hypnosis, just to get the nasty taste of watching that pile of garbage out of my mouth. Thats right, you heard me, being raped in the mouth is a better prospect than having to sit through that again!!

But I did love the first one. Jolly good stuf, that was. Scared me senceless.
    Okay then. Tell us how you really feel.

It's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so i'm not going to knock you for it. I was also disapointed in it because of the comedic approach it took.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Hey, I did warn yall.
    No, the real reason I did not like that movie is because of the effect that the first one had on me. I saw it when I was very young, and it scared me alot. Had nightmares. My apartment complex at the time was near a grave yard, so every time it rained my dad would make a joke that the zombies were coming(my dad was a right B@stard). Then I saw the next one. Im not sure, but did that movie even come out in the theaters, or was it direct to DVD.

And here is a big problem I had with almost all of them. This Trioxin or what ever the name of the gas that reanimates dead things, all dead things, was never protected. They would always just throw it on the back of these trucks, exposed to the elements, usually with some drunk guy driving. Then he would hit acurve to hard, or swurve or some stupid thing, and a couple of canisters would just go tumbling over the side. This is the most dangerous chemical agent the world has ever known, and yet, they treat it like they were just hauling fertilizer. Groan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrosse View Post
    Hey, I did warn yall.
    No, the real reason I did not like that movie is because of the effect that the first one had on me. I saw it when I was very young, and it scared me alot. Had nightmares. My apartment complex at the time was near a grave yard, so every time it rained my dad would make a joke that the zombies were coming(my dad was a right B@stard). Then I saw the next one. Im not sure, but did that movie even come out in the theaters, or was it direct to DVD.

And here is a big problem I had with almost all of them. This Trioxin or what ever the name of the gas that reanimates dead things, all dead things, was never protected. They would always just throw it on the back of these trucks, exposed to the elements, usually with some drunk guy driving. Then he would hit acurve to hard, or swurve or some stupid thing, and a couple of canisters would just go tumbling over the side. This is the most dangerous chemical agent the world has ever known, and yet, they treat it like they were just hauling fertilizer. Groan

That's so true. But then again frank didn't treat that canister in the basement with kid gloves either. Part two did indeed come out in the movies. I remember the trailer for it vividly.
    Last edited by darth los; 25-Jun-2007 at 05:19 AM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    ROTLD the first one was pretty good, I enjoyed the comedy in it. The second one though, uggghhh that was so terrible it's still giving me nightmares The storyline was dumb, acting was even dumber and the silliness of the whole thing just made no sense. The only good thing about ROTLD2, was the Michael Jackson zombie getting electricuted at the end

I haven't seen parts 3, 4, or 5 yet. Is there a 5???

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    The only good thing about ROTLD2, was the Michael Jackson zombie getting electricuted at the end
    :

For me it was the fact that it mercifully ended.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Damn i just posted virtually the exact same thing in another forum. I guess it's not just me. I also said that there are too many noobs that take on these projects. How about an established name to bring some credibility and vision to the project.
    alot of the hacks that are hired to make these piles of crap are nobodys that they hire for the minimum and just hand a script to. we need a zombie movie that had a little effort put into it like the work GAR did, now that had vision and passion.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    alot of the hacks that are hired to make these piles of crap are nobodys that they hire for the minimum and just hand a script to. we need a zombie movie that had a little effort put into it like the work GAR did, now that had vision and passion.

Few people have the love for the genre and the grasp of it that GAR does. It scares me because there's nobody on the horizon that looks capable of taking the reigns once he's gone. That's why i'd like to see a couple of more dead flicks out of him before he passes.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Few people have the love for the genre and the grasp of it that GAR does. It scares me because there's nobody on the horizon that looks capable of taking the reigns once he's gone. That's why i'd like to see a couple of more dead flicks out of him before he passes.
    i agree the more GAR dead flicks the better so i will have at least a handfull of good movies to watch over and over.
    i hope someone comes along and makes a good zombie movie and takes over where GAR left of and does justice to the world GAR created.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    i agree the more GAR dead flicks the better so i will have at least a handfull of good movies to watch over and over.
    i hope someone comes along and makes a good zombie movie and takes over where GAR left of and does justice to the world GAR created.
    I was thinking that maybe Gar was grooming savini to be his protoge but the experience he had directing the remake, totally turned him off to that. I think savini is the only one that he would trust to direct a dead film.

United States
    The guy who wrote the screenplay also co-wrote Dead and Buried
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html