Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oddities of zombies...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I forgot... they're able to manipulate things like rocks in order to smash a car window to get to you which in a way is a problem solving ability even at its crudest form... of course thats highly evidenced in Land but I think that film went by the wayside as far as quality... i'm starting to hate it

We also so a ghoul using a tire iron in order to get to roger in dawn.

As for the evolution thing, yes we evolved over millions of years. The ghouls in gars films supossedly evolved over 5. I think that was not enough time.

As for the land reference , i knew there was something about you i liked.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    forgive me forum moderators... darth you jackass you told me how you loathed it so and then I go and watch it and realize... hot dang it is worth hating... ...i was so naive before i came here... now i keep learning new things... i miss that lovely sheltered world i lived in 20 years ago
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    forgive me forum moderators... darth you jackass you told me how you loathed it so and then I go and watch it and realize... hot dang it is worth hating... ...i was so naive before i came here... now i keep learning new things... i miss that lovely sheltered world i lived in 20 years ago
    Yeah, life sure was sweet at 3 years old. It's not a bad film. It is undoubtedly the worst in GAR'S series though imo. If you compare it to all the other straight to dvd zombie crap out there i guess it's good. But i hold gar to a higher standard. He's capable of producing a better work product than this. If i didn't know beter i would think that this is a sci-fi channel original movie. The first 3 were genius. This was a big disapointment to me. It just didn't have the atmosphere of it's predecesors. For whatever reason, whether it be to much studio interference or whatever, it didn't live up to the legend. I am in the minority on this one on this site, but i have the courage of my convictions. I try to pretend it doesn't even exist actually. YOU MUST NEVER MENTION THIS FILM AGAIN!!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    If you compare it to all the other straight to dvd zombie crap out there i guess it's good.

Land wasn't straight to DVD....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Land wasn't straight to DVD....
    I realize that. My point was that imo it was of the quality of something that was straight to dvd.

Canada
    I know, just wanted to nit pick your way of saying it lol

United States
    what movie? huh what? movie? where? (you're right it was like a sci fi origional lol)
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's my whole point. Gar is capable of so much more than that.

Undisclosed
    I think as far as a zombies being weak or strong...it really depends on the zombie itself. Perhaps younger ones are stronger and older ones are weaker. I'm rationalizing again aren't I? Funk.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Come to think of it. As it pertains to the other 3 films land is an oddity.

United States

I think it's funny

I started coming to this site and the forums back in 1999. Back then, it seems everyone railed against Day of the Dead as being the suckiest of the Dead films. Seriously, hardly anyone said anything good about it.
    Nowadays, it seems that everyone rails against Land of the Dead as the suckiest film of the series while saying how cool Day is. It just seems odd to me.
    Personally I like all the films, they all have parts and characters I love and some parts and characters I don't care for. Just like with the Star Wars movies!
    But maybe its just me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I started coming to this site and the forums back in 1999. Back then, it seems everyone railed against Day of the Dead as being the suckiest of the Dead films. Seriously, hardly anyone said anything good about it.
    Nowadays, it seems that everyone rails against Land of the Dead as the suckiest film of the series while saying how cool Day is. It just seems odd to me.
    Personally I like all the films, they all have parts and characters I love and some parts and characters I don't care for. Just like with the Star Wars movies!
    But maybe its just me.
    If you're refering to episodes 1-3 it might be just you. As for the day/land thing, i've said before that day was the LOTD of it's time. I've always loved it but it is clearly the least of the original trilogy. It certainly got all the abuse when it came out back in the day that land is getting now. Mainly because it disapointed people much as land did now. Now, it has been bumped up a notch by land. LOTD is now the misfit and perhaps will always be because i doubt Gar will make the mistakes he did in that film again. Who knows maybe in 20 years it will have grown on people and be revered as genius the same way the other films in the trilogy are today. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

Christmas Island
    I know for me Land will never feel like a member of the trilogy. The atmosphere is way too different. There are too many living people in the movie and the look of the dead is just way inconsistent with their look in Day. Actually Land looks more like a sequel to Night 90 than Day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    I know for me Land will never feel like a member of the trilogy. The atmosphere is way too different. There are too many living people in the movie and the look of the dead is just way inconsistent with their look in Day. Actually Land looks more like a sequel to Night 90 than Day.

Good point. The last straw for me was when zombies consciously made the descision to not eat humans and go on their merry way. Once that happens they're just not scary anymore. It's like they have a soul. And riley's a bigger dumbass for letting them go. Whoever they kill while "looking for a place to go", their blood will be on his hands.

United States
    For me Dawn of the Dead has always been my favorite film in the series. Maybe it was because I always thought it would be awesome to live in a mall or museum or maybe because it showed such wonderful development of characters and showed us that in the event of a major catastrophe what has to be done isn't widely accepted by the world at large. The latter part of that statement I can relate to the Vietnam war and withdrawing, our war on terror and withdrawing... its often hard for people to realize what has to be done for our safety. So it meant that zombies had to be shot in the head but people they didn't want that answer. They thought they'd cure them. Or they couldn't bear shooting friends and neighbors. But often the hardest thing to accept in life is the right thing to do. The movie for me is inspirational and any movie where the most emotional scene is between two men who aren't cowboys 'fishing' every weekend is one that has something special.

Land of the Dead however had too many characters to keep track of. And everyone was corrupt. And it didn't make sense... what did the people who lived in the tower do for a living to afford living there? How could they raid the towns surrounding Fiddlers Green they looked like they had been there for years but were still able to raid towns? Doesn't quite cut it for me. And everything coming apart so easily just seemed a wee tick too convenient. There's lots of things to dislike (IMHO) about land and night... thats why I generally dont talk about 'em a whole lot... but...

Day of the Dead for me was a lot like 28 days later. It was full of tensions whether racial, sexual, scientific tension about being able to find a cure. But I just felt it was lacking something. It didn't make sense to me that they had all this stuff underground including campers and what not... how did they all come together? Why would Miguel give it all up? I dunno... but its good