Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Killing the black guy is too obvious. Bill's gonna get it.

It's ok. He was old anyway.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Killing the black guy is too obvious. Bill's gonna get it.

It's ok. He was old anyway.

its pretty much a given its bill now, valve apparently fired the voice actor due to a "difference of opinion" or some other legal doublespeak and honestly the old soldier is the only one who strikes me as being able to voluntarily sacrifice himself for the younger people. Its not like the college slacker, the office clerk or the douchebag biker is exactly the type to do that.

Which is a shame i really liked bill but i guess in terms of all 8 survivors coach sort of fills the same niche as him, but as a younger guy would appear to last longer, plus we know valve loves to kill off the older characters first.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its pretty much a given its bill now, valve apparently fired the voice actor due to a "difference of opinion" or some other legal doublespeak and honestly the old soldier is the only one who strikes me as being able to voluntarily sacrifice himself for the younger people. Its not like the college slacker, the office clerk or the douchebag biker is exactly the type to do that.

Which is a shame i really liked bill but i guess in terms of all 8 survivors coach sort of fills the same niche as him, but as a younger guy would appear to last longer, plus we know valve loves to kill off the older characters first.
    But the thing that gets me is why kill any of them off at all?

Unless it's that they want to stop support for the first game. Imo, that virtually garantees a left for dead 3. Wadda ya think hells?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    They should just kill off all the new survivors (except Ellis) and let you continue playing left 4 dead 2 as them. except it'll be left 5 dead, and everyone will be busy kicking the shit out of Ellis, and sending him to startle witches because he is the outcast.

seriously though, just kill rochelle off and replace her with one of those Japanese love pillows and the game will be better.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    But the thing that gets me is why kill any of them off at all?

Unless it's that they want to stop support for the first game. Imo, that virtually garantees a left for dead 3. Wadda ya think hells?

to be honest they have gone form 4 separate films towards a straight horror narrative and you can't NOT have a death on the team. My guess is left 4 dead 3 gets announced at the end of the year and its a mix of the characters and probably 3 more for more variation.

I still predict the 3rd will have gears style split up points where team a has to go and activate a crane or something and destroy a blockade whilst team b has to go find gas to fill up the escape vehicle.
    Thats a poor example but i know there going to and something to shake it up next time.

I still want a campaign set in a snowstorm.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    to be honest they have gone form 4 separate films towards a straight horror narrative and you can't NOT have a death on the team. My guess is left 4 dead 3 gets announced at the end of the year and its a mix of the characters and probably 3 more for more variation.

I still predict the 3rd will have gears style split up points where team a has to go and activate a crane or something and destroy a blockade whilst team b has to go find gas to fill up the escape vehicle.
    Thats a poor example but i know there going to and something to shake it up next time.

I still want a campaign set in a snowstorm.
    Oh, the weather effects of hard rain are pretty much the highlight of the game, so imo, something weathery is a must.

Also, I don't think that's a poor example at all. Perhaps having it in every campaign would be a bit much but a couple should definitely have them.

I fully expect for the 3rd installment to shake things up and be very different from the original. I remember thinking melee was cool but adrenaline? I was like why would they put this crap in there? Now I won't go without it. As soon as that 75% marker flashes on that screen i take it and it takes me to the saferoom wth time to spare. It's a big reason i don't play

So what they come up with might seem "off" at first but I'm sure it'll get to the point where we can't picture the franchise whithout it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Better not be.

I love Uncle Phil (sorry, Coach) but Louis is seriously worthless. Hey, I even enjoy playing the Lauren Hill look-a-like in L4D2 with the Depeche Mode shirt, whatever her name is, even if she would rather her baby die than me playing her.

At least we get a new Midnight Riders track.

"I'm a blood hound, getting straight down, looking for some women and whiskey!" <rock>
    Ok you got me. I gotta ask. Why is louis so worthless, IYO?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Ok you got me. I gotta ask. Why is louis so worthless, IYO?

I'm gonna leave this meme explanation for Mo'

WHAT'S HE GRABBIN'?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Really wierd stuff happening. A few buds and i are trying to get a game of versus but can't. It's saying there are no games found. Anyone having the same problem?

Undisclosed
    There is one option no one seems to be talking... No specific character... In other words it could be different every time you play.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    There is one option no one seems to be talking... No specific character... In other words it could be different every time you play.
    Thats because valve announced a canon comic book that bridges the two games that cements who dies.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Don't ask Mo, otherwise a ban will be in order for the poor chap.
    DAMMIT, MO' ABAONDONED ME!

I MEANT THIS:

"GRABBIN' PEELZ!" The Louis centric Left 4 Dead meme.

Undisclosed
    Thats because valve announced a canon comic book that bridges the two games that cements who dies.
    Not that im doubting you read that somewhere but everything I have read states the comic simply bridges the gap between dlc's and adds some depth. Do you have a link?
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 22-Apr-2010 at 02:31 AM.
    Among the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Nope, i dont archive my many webvisits, though interestingly i forgot to mention its not a actual paper and ink comic but something we will be getting off xbox live.

Maybe its the start of something to compete against the psn which already has downloadable comics or maybe its just a valve thing. But according to valve there is a concrete death that is canon. However for gameplays sake in the left 4 dead counterpart to left 4 dead 2 players have to choose which of there own kills themselves and stays behind to let the others go.

-the one whos already got the completion achievement, obviously.

Undisclosed
    Nope, i dont archive my many webvisits, though interestingly i forgot to mention its not a actual paper and ink comic but something we will be getting off xbox live.

Maybe its the start of something to compete against the psn which already has downloadable comics or maybe its just a valve thing. But according to valve there is a concrete death that is canon. However for gameplays sake in the left 4 dead counterpart to left 4 dead 2 players have to choose which of there own kills themselves and stays behind to let the others go.

-the one whos already got the completion achievement, obviously.
    Canon shmanon... What happens in the game is canon. And the more I think about it the more im leaning towards random.
    Among the Dead

Undisclosed
    It's out now... Anyone up hit me on xbl.
    Among the Dead