Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 5 (film)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    in the mythos, the terminator skeleton is below robocop's suit. it was also supposed to be in robocop 2 when they stripped him.
    Is this from the comic or something I missed in the films?....

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Is this from the comic or something I missed in the films?....

its in the original script that frank miller wrote for part 2

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much agree, to a point. Not a big Cameron guy anymore. But there is something to be said for the original writer/director continuing a series vs. hired hands. I can't imagine T2 being as good as it was if someone else had made it. If there was some alternate reality where Cameron kept making movies like "Aliens", "T 1&2" etc then yeah I would want him to continue them. But here in reality, no.

I knew about the "vs" comic, but didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

did u know about the video game?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    its in the original script that frank miller wrote for part 2
    Ah....so it's like "Sargent Candy" in T3. Something that really needed to be removed...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    There are two, actually three, continuities:

First there's the Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline where Sarah Connor is alive and well in 1999/2007 and Skynet is sending Terminators back to support its own creation.

Then there's the T3/T4 timeline where Sarah Connor died of leukemia in 1997 and Judgment Day took place in 2004.

Additionally, of course, there's the original timeline where Judgment Day took play in 1997, but since T3 it hasn't really been the focus of any continuing franchise.
    Don't forget the the fourth continuity where Judgement Day is averted, Sarah grows old, and John is a Congressman. You have to put the date of judgement day into the menu of the T2 Ultimate Edition dvd to see it at the end of the movie, but it's a continuity nonetheless.

And as a quick edit, this continuity is the only one that seems to understand the message of the first two films that there's no fate but what we make for ourselves.
    Last edited by zombie04; 28-Apr-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Las second thought.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    And as a quick edit, this continuity is the only one that seems to understand the message of the first two films that there's no fate but what we make for ourselves.
    Yup. This is one of the biggest gripes I have w/ T3 is it takes that message & pisses all over it by basically saying "doen't matter how hard you try, fate can't be averted". Just for the sake of being able to keep making shitty sequels.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I love the terminator, and adore judgement day. but this franchise needs to be allowed to die with some semblance of dignity. look what happened to a nightmare on elm street, halloween, or even star wars. by the end they were parodies of their originals, which wherent all that amazing in the grand scheme of things. the quality of terminator movies is far more likely to get worse than better and we will always have the first two to go back and watch. this just seems like milking a cashcow, like nobody thinks 'the world needs this movie' or 'theres more that needs to be told with this'.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Ah....so it's like "Sargent Candy" in T3. Something that really needed to be removed...
    not quite. it changed the entire scope of the movie and was meant to bridge the terminator and robocop franchises. it wasnt just a single scene like u mentioned

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yup. This is one of the biggest gripes I have w/ T3 is it takes that message & pisses all over it by basically saying "doen't matter how hard you try, fate can't be averted". Just for the sake of being able to keep making shitty sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I love the terminator, and adore judgement day. but this franchise needs to be allowed to die with some semblance of dignity. look what happened to a nightmare on elm street, halloween, or even star wars. by the end they were parodies of their originals, which wherent all that amazing in the grand scheme of things. the quality of terminator movies is far more likely to get worse than better and we will always have the first two to go back and watch. this just seems like milking a cashcow, like nobody thinks 'the world needs this movie' or 'theres more that needs to be told with this'.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you both.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    not quite. it changed the entire scope of the movie and was meant to bridge the terminator and robocop franchises. it wasnt just a single scene like u mentioned
    Well crossing the franchises, especially that early in the game, would have been a bad idea imo. I would prefer to keep them seperate and try to flesh them out on their own before we run into another "AVP" disaster that's nearly impossible to recover from. It's a kinda interesting idea to have OCP and Cyberdine working together, though.

As for the needless sequels, I agree. The series has been run into the ground and they just need to let it go. Salvation was the last hope at bringing the series back and into new territory, but now that that was a dud they should just count their loses and move on.

Speaking of Salvation.....I was watching a bit of it on the tube the other night. WTF is up with Bale's voice?!? People complain about his Batman voice, but his Connor voice is horrible...
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Apr-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Well crossing the franchises, especially that early in the game, would have been a bad idea imo. I would prefer to keep them seperate and try to flesh them out on their own before we run into another "AVP" disaster that's nearly impossible to recover from. It's a kinda interesting idea to have OCP and Cyberdine working together, though.
    I like it when they do stuff like that in comics & books, but not so much in the actual movies, if that makes sense...?

Speaking of Salvation.....I was watching a bit of it on the tube the other night. WTF is up with Bale's voice?!? People complain about his Batman voice, but his Connor voice is horrible...
    Too much screaming at lighting guys.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

That picture of Bale and Freeman is priceless.

Chasing Prey

Canada

As for the needless sequels, I agree. The series has been run into the ground and they just need to let it go. Salvation was the last hope at bringing the series back and into new territory, but now that that was a dud they should just count their loses and move on.

i'd say the franchises are as fleshed out s they'll ever get. they're not new......

try being welsh and having a flawless american accent. harder than you think.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    try being welsh and having a flawless american accent. harder than you think.
    It's really got nothing to do with his accent. We all know that Bale can pull off a convincing American accent, but its more about the tone he takes. He often sounds like he's sitting on a hemorrhoid or something. One scene that pops to mind is right after he's crashed in the helicopter(which he does several times, oddly). He starts chatting with "command" on the CB and his voice sounds like he's gargling bits of metal. They ask who he is and he repeatedly says "CONAHHHAAARRR". It's really distracting.

The best thing about Salvation was Anton Yelchin as Kyle. Sadly the rest was a big mess...

United States
    i thought arnie was past his prime and out of shape by t3. surely the man's dignity has to kick in at some point.

nothing will ever take away from how amazing the first was, it's probably one of my ten favorite films of all time.... but they're really doing all they can to drive this property into the fucking ground.

if they could do a convincing sci-fi war film with the inspiration coming from the future battles seen in the first two films, perhaps i'd be down. this seems like a bad idea and i'm not really all that interested in a 63 year old arnie trying to do any justice to a role from 27 years ago.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i thought arnie was past his prime and out of shape by t3. surely the man's dignity has to kick in at some point.

nothing will ever take away from how amazing the first was, it's probably one of my ten favorite films of all time.... but they're really doing all they can to drive this property into the fucking ground.

if they could do a convincing sci-fi war film with the inspiration coming from the future battles seen in the first two films, perhaps i'd be down. this seems like a bad idea and i'm not really all that interested in a 63 year old arnie trying to do any justice to a role from 27 years ago.

yea he was so out of shape in T3 that he was bigger than in T2. cmon man............

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

It's really got nothing to do with his accent. We all know that Bale can pull off a convincing American accent, but its more about the tone he takes. He often sounds like he's sitting on a hemorrhoid or something. One scene that pops to mind is right after he's crashed in the helicopter(which he does several times, oddly). He starts chatting with "command" on the CB and his voice sounds like he's gargling bits of metal. They ask who he is and he repeatedly says "CONAHHHAAARRR". It's really distracting.

The best thing about Salvation was Anton Yelchin as Kyle. Sadly the rest was a big mess...

well considering we know who john connor is.........would he be calm?