Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contacting the man himself (GAR)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    God Damn Thorn. Who shit in your Capn Crunch this morning? I never said I personally wanted to know what it was all about. Just that I found it funny that someone was asking for Romero's personal information without a hint as to why.

I wasn't attacking anyone. Take a seat and relax bro...

^ Yeah, bassman, didn't you know? The internets is serious business!
    I know...how could I be so stupid?
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Jan-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I thought he was rep'd by Gersh?

Super Moderator

United States
    Could be that they handle licensing for merch/licensing etc. or some such? Dubious has his ear to the ground on these sorts of things, so it's definitely worth your time to follow up, I'd say.

Just a guess and an opinion, from me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    I agree, that's why I didn't respond to you. I was more hoping that someone had his agent's email or at least his name, but I just contacted Gersh instead.
    Good deal. Hope it works out for you, brother. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    I thought he was rep'd by Gersh?
    Dubious has an uncanny knowledge of things in this realm, so I am certain that lead is likely to be viable. In this regard, with a licensing issue you might get more mileage from a manager than an agent. Not that I know this for certain, mind you, but I do know for sure that Dubious knows more than most about the proper channels to follow to get what you want. All the same, good luck again DrSin!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 22-Jan-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    ^ Yeah, bassman, didn't you know? The internets is serious business!
    Do people really even say that anymore? let me bust out another used up internet saying... "tired internet jargon is tired".

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    God Damn Thorn. Who shit in your Capn Crunch this morning?
    It was the Stay Puffed marsh Mellow Man.

Honestly though I was not worked up at all merely pointing out some facts, it seemed to me the guy was just trying to get some information in good faith and a respectful way and was hit with a wall of sarcasm. I was simply addressing that.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Do people really even say that anymore? let me bust out another used up internet saying... "tired internet jargon is tired".
    Oh I didn't realise the Internet Meme Fashion Police were watching. I'm sorry Officer Passive-Aggressive.

Just kidding man. Honestly, I was just a bit taken aback by how angry you got over a bit of lighthearted, harmless ribbing. I guess it doesn't always translate well in text format.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 26-Jan-2009 at 04:43 PM.

United States
    Oh I am kidding too, I am passive aggressive though that is spot on. Always have been. I really was not angry though just making points I think that speaks to your point about tone being lost over the internet. If it came off as angry or rude I apologize as that was not m intention at all.

No harm done at all on either side I don't imagine except the poor OP who is no doubt a broken man due to this shameless and senseless attack. If he can ever manage to pull himself out of his spiraling thoughts of suicide and dread perhaps he will return to us.
    Last edited by Thorn; 27-Jan-2009 at 12:08 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    No harm done at all on either side I don't imagine except the poor OP who is no doubt a broken man due to this shameless and senseless attack. If he can ever manage to pull himself out of his spiraling thoughts of suicide and dread perhaps he will return to us.
    That's if he not already succeeded in his quest and is now on a tropical island, rubbing suntan lotion into old Georgie's back.

United States
    That's if he not already succeeded in his quest and is now on a tropical island, rubbing suntan lotion into old Georgie's back.
    lol...

Or you know sipping martinis and discussing a great money making idea that have them both clapping their hands together like giddy school girls.

He could come back and hire you, bass, and I as personal assistants.

United States
    I doubt it would be a true tropical island, more like Sanibel Island....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Gersh is his talent agency, Chris Roe is his Manager.

I have IMDB Pro, I was going to give you his managers information, but you already got it, so no need.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Thanks DJ, very helpful info.

United States
    LOL, I think you meant to quote DJ, not kracken!

United States
    Rofl!

Canada
    Since you asked Bassman, here is why I would like to meet George Romero.

I want to meet George. I think em and him would mesh well. I would tell him my ideas for a new zombie story, and he'd tell me what he thought of it. We would talk all day and night, eating breakfast and lunch together. I would go out on family trips with him and his family, handle his tax returns, and take his kids to swimming practice. We'd stay up all night chit chatting, telling each other about our own respective problems, and cry on each others shoulders. We'd wipe our tears and i would gently stroke his beard, while running my tongue over his glasses, trailing a long line of saliva across his coke bottle lenses.

We'd head up stairs, me behind him, rubbing his back, and cooing into his ears. We sit down at the foot of his bed, and I would rub and jostle his formidable belly, kneading out any fat lumps. His face would start to turn red as I twirled my fingers in his chest hair, making tiny little knots of gray hair across his liver spotted chest. I'd slowly push him down, and start massaging his feet, using my finger nails to dig the fungus from underneath his yellow, smelly nails. I'd twirl it around in between my fingers, sniffing it on occasion, and run my tongue across it.

It would taste like popcorn covered in sewage water.

I would use my teeth to slowly nibble away at his nails, all the while massaging his inner thighs. He would find it rather ticklish, and start moving around like a newborn being tickled by its parent. I would then run my tongue over his calloused feet, getting into every nook and cranny available. At this point, I would start to slap his belly with a DVD copy of Day of the dead, making him moan like a zombie from one of his films. I would put on some soothing music; sounds of nature, or maybe some barry white, and begin to use the DVD case to tickle his unwashed, sweaty pits. With my other hand, I would slowly clamp electrodes to his nipples, and begin feeding an electrical charge into his erect man boobs.

He would call me Bub, and I would call him Doctor Frankenstein; His breathing would start to become ragged and shallow at this point. I would comb his beard into the shape of a windmill, and blow on it. Afterwords I would cuddle with him and the collection of his DVDs that he has, and tell the DVDs that it's all right, I am here, and I am never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you.

We would have shepherds pie and pizza for breakfast, and repeat the days activities to the end of times.
    Last edited by mista_mo; 30-Jan-2009 at 04:06 PM.