Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does certain kinds of music make kids evil? Or violent?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    so when you were in the gulf war you took men and threw a bag over their head while you made fun of them being so scared they pissed themselves and berated them and made home videos of how proud you were to have such power over someone else in their home country? i'm just curios...
    Gee I wonder what kind of music the Muslims listen to right before they chop off an infidels head. Oh right that doesn't matter, only what our troops did to humiliate someone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Gee I wonder what kind of music the Muslims listen to right before they chop off an infidels head. Oh right that doesn't matter, only what our troops did to humiliate someone.
    Khardis , swell shooting !
    Insurgents chant before beheading, Allah Akbhar.Glory to GOD, thier god.
    Its creepy.And very horrid to hear I am sure before the lights go out for the victim.
    Its sad really...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Hostile apostle, look who you're following
    negative energy that you're swallowing
    some coked out malcontent
    who's soul is up for rent
    victim of lost soul, hostile apostle

Angry human leads impressionable boy
    to skulls and piercings and will to destroy
    all of your heroes speak nothing to me
    you don't have to be a prick just to be heavy"

- 311 ( Hostile Apostle )

United States
    If they wanted to find out what was wrong with society in order to rectify theft, murders, assaults, etc. and they were willing to spend the money to do so... it wouldn't be cost effective (IMO) for them to do so... and here's why... (I think)...

Some speculate that the lack of parental influence leaves children behind.

Lets face it... when your parents are too stressed from working or are too busy working they're not doing their most important job... parenting. You know there's a severe lack of family together time when you begin to see commercials saying its important to get together to talk over the dinner table and its equally important to schedule at least one night a week for non-televised together time. Unfortunately for most families that's not an easy task especially with the growing number of single parents and divorced families.

Additionally stresses at work or within the home often lead to dependency issues whether alcohol, drugs (prescription or illegal), or a combination of the two. That takes a toll on the children no matter what age they are.

And speaking of stresses... money is a big one. It creates a severe conflict even in well-to-do homes. And in todays times money is even harder to come by than when we were kids. Minimum wage hasn't risen but the cost of gas, homes, groceries, clothes, entertainment... everything else has. It leaves people struggling trying to make ends meet and creates a bad situation for many Americans.

In order to actually 'solve' the problem we'd have to (IMO) raise mimimum wage across the board to a living wage of say... $8.00 an hour (which in some states still doesn't cut it) and actually set a min. wage hike to meet the rising cost of goods within our own country. We would also have to solve the unemployment and underemployment issue by refusing to outsource so many jobs and giving benefits to companies that bring back their jobs to give to Americans. While that wouldn't really help all the way it would then be necessary for the government to set aside money to train undereducated people to work better jobs. If it means giving Mary next door who's been outta work since the 90s and who can't work a typewriter a MS office skills course to land a desk job then come on... train her to take the job. We also should promote family together time within major businesses in our country. Perhaps the government could give them tax breaks for giving their employees more vacation time or for sponsoring company picnics and the like. People need to see that when you're not there for your children they can falter and go under the influence of bad people/kids etc. Last but not least we need government sponsored alcohol and drug treatment programs. Not everyone can afford Promises rehab in Malibu (not that it's ever actually worked for any of the people who've gone there). That would surely cut back on alcohol realted car accidents and deaths.

It all starts in the home... whether its in our country... or in our homes... we have to recognise that people in our country are living a sub par life and our government only further encourages it by not solving the problem.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Banned User

Undisclosed
    best answer? Yes and no...

Most music imitates life. I knew people drinking Gray Goose and Red Bull long before it was a song for example. Then the song hit, and everyone was suddenly doing it.

The music imitates life, then you got people to imitate the music.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    ugggh...what ever happen to the beatles
    Yoko Ono

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Canada
    And yep, Yoko Ono
    destroyed the Beatles.

But as for music having an influence on murder,or influence
    solidiers to behave in a certain way, I don't think so.
    To some degree, maybe, if the person is unstable and
    screwed in the mind to begin with.
    I think influence of music is just a lame excuse people
    will use to get off on a lighter jail sentence or
    get put away in a mental facility.
    in the 60's and 70's they use to say the Beatles
    influenced people to take drugs.
    In the 50's they said Elvis Presley influenced
    the young to be more daring and churches
    were against rock and roll.

It all depends on the person
    and how their mind works.
    Last edited by RustyHicks; 29-Jul-2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I remember being in 8th grade and in my music class with Miss Bleiss who was the most naive woman ever. Every Friday was pick out music for the whole class to listen to day. One friday Greg brought in Marilyn Manson. It was adorable the way she let the student who wore all black and painted weird and possibly to some people vulgar symbols on himself who had dyed black hair pick music. She indulged him, and everyone else... she was an awesome teacher. So we sat there... in class... it was a hot day towards summer... and uh oh did he just say 'i'm so American I can sell you suicide?' ... she began to blush I tell ya... next on the playlist was the Beautiful People... I liked what I heard I dont know why... I thought it would be the end of bring your own music day... fortunately it wasn't...

Now fast foward to Columbine... and people blaming Marilyn Manson for what those two kids did and just generally labeling the kids who dressed like maybe Satanists do... and saying all kids who listened to that kinda music were prone to violence and evil behavior...

I have to wonder if thats true... is it? What do you think?

personally i think the columbine incident was sparked because of those 2 getting bullied,i PERSONALLY dont think it was the music.altho heavy metal can send kids into madness almost to the limit of killing people.it makes em depressed,and angry and they think this is how the world is.(angry,nasty,depressing)heavy metal has conotations of the devil,ie-they think its ok to be evil, to joe public.thats why they dress up in black makeup and black clothes either to be noticed and say **** you, or remain anonymos. i suppose its like slipping into a seperate skin.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont think rap gives kids bad ideas, or metal music, but 50 cent did say that a videogame in which he raided an office tower with a rocket launcher was "loosely based on his life".

personally i blame bad parenting, too little exercise and too many uneeded perscriptions of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    personally i think the columbine incident was sparked because of those 2 getting bullied,i PERSONALLY dont think it was the music.altho heavy metal can send kids into madness almost to the limit of killing people.it makes em depressed,and angry and they think this is how the world is.(angry,nasty,depressing)heavy metal has conotations of the devil,ie-they think its ok to be evil, to joe public.thats why they dress up in black makeup and black clothes either to be noticed and say **** you, or remain anonymos. i suppose its like slipping into a seperate skin.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA-*gasps*-HAHAHAHAHA!

you voted for thatcher didnt you?
    Last edited by Danny; 31-Jul-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i dont think rap gives kids bad ideas, or metal music, but 50 cent did say that a videogame in which he raided an office tower with a rocket launcher was "loosely based on his life".

personally i blame bad parenting, too little exercise and too many uneeded perscriptions of drugs.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA-*gasps*-HAHAHAHAHA!

you voted for thatcher didnt you?

YOU'VE LOST ME PAL...??
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    altho heavy metal can send kids into madness almost to the limit of killing people.it makes em depressed,and angry and they think this is how the world is.(angry,nasty,depressing)heavy metal has conotations of the devil,ie-they think its ok to be evil, to joe public.thats why they dress up in black makeup and black clothes either to be noticed and say **** you, or remain anonymos. i suppose its like slipping into a seperate skin.
    Tipper Gore?!?!?!?!?
    I would say Metal reflects the real world more than say Beyonce. What is that devil sh*t? Have you ever even listened to metal? I never wore any Black Makeup. GAWD!!!!! Metal gets the poison OUT of my system otherwise I might run around kicking every dickhead I meet strait in the nads

You know what drives me to madness? Ridiculous, baseless generalizations
    Ronald Reagan in the hizzy! PMRC blast from the past.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn ****ing straight coma.

United States

If lyrics upset parents...

Then listen to instrumental music.
    There is a great deal of music without lyrics that is actually quite good.
    Statistically, children that are able to apprieciate music that evokes feeling without words, understand cognitively better than children that rely on lyrics to understand. I love a great deal of music, some of it happens to have or not have lyrics.
    The study was done at the University of Wisconsin in 2000, dont remember the doctors names otherwise I'd post a link.

Alot of children today cant read a wall clock, but can read a digital clock.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Canada
    If a person is of the mind set to act out what a musician describes in a song, then you have bigger things to worry about then what they listen to.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if soemone actually thinks music makes kids evil or violent,you're living in the 60's when everyone believed charles manson's rants about how the beatles were the four horsement of the apocalypse. or how bout now. "oh god oh god,kiss is the anti christ!!!" its the same as people in the dark ages burning people at the stake for not knowing about them. people fear what they dont know.