View Poll Results: What do you make of Land of the Dead?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I personally LIKE the film.

54 58.70%
  • It's not great but it's not bad either.

28 30.43%
  • I personally DISLIKE the film.

10 10.87%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's sort this once and for all...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I just love the way you argue, so pre-school. (Also, by your argument, Titanic is the best film ever. A fact, nonetheless!)
    Titanic is a great film. Where else do you get to see some fatass chick tell Leo PHUCK YOU, YOU FREEZE!

Quote Originally Posted by kortick
    DJ i had to tell you
    you made me laugh my ass off when my girlfriend saw
    your footer and said
    "who is that zombie chick giving head to?"

i didnt notice her head motions resemble oral sex
    performance

so kudos to you
    you made my girl ask the most odd question
    and i havent let her live it down

its so good to get to pick on your girl for being dumb....
    LOL LMAO ROFLMAO

Next time you see her tell her Dj sent her a message. (then I want you to Bob your head back and forth in front of her.)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    The funny thing is that I don't really think this is what DJ gets. Somehow, this seems to elude him! Does give us some amusement, tho.
    Glad I am here to entertain you. I'll be here all year.

BTW, I get it. Which is why I can't understand why you guys like this film. One of you admitted it's crap, not in so many words, but still admitted it, yet you praise it like it is the second coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion Zombie
    Likewise, just because you despise it, doesn't factually make it the case across the world.
    Yes it does... Because across the world there are other people doing the exact same bitching I am.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 17-May-2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    In that case all across the world there are countless people doing the exact same as the love camp are doing, pledging their allegiance to Land.

United States
    Well, for me personally it was a letdown.

If I was looking for a movie whos plot was based on "how many different ways can we salughter zombies" then it would've been fantastic... but when you're waiting for the character development and storylines/content that GAR is known in the past to deliver in his living dead movies, well... let's just say LOTD falls short in every way. It has it's moments, but that's just it - it only has 'moments'.. It just felt like it meandered along.

It wasn't "horrible" by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly is not his best work nor the best in his living dead "series." I could've personally done without it.

LC

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    "how many different ways can we salughter zombies"
    Really? I didn't get that impression at all....

Super Moderator

UK
    I think Dj has gotten to him, he's feasted on his brain and he's controlling his thoughts!

United States
    I'll keep it simple. I personally LIKED the film.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I think Dj has gotten to him, he's feasted on his brain and he's controlling his thoughts!

I can think for myself just fine, thank you.

Dj and I saw the premiere in Pittsburgh and we have had MANY discussions about LOTD, so it's not surprising we have similar viewpoints. Neither of us liked the movie all that much, although his disdain for LOTD is much greater than mine.

As far as the 'how many ways can you kill a zombie' Hmm lesee..

fliptop (can you say "pez dispenser"? )
    kicking a zombies face off
    cutting ones head off with a bridge
    shoving a steak through the bottom of ones chin
    using a mini-crossbow to kill them (cholo)

man, I could go on and on, but it was just a display of unique ways to kill zombies. There's not a thing wrong with that, it was just totally the opposite of what I was expecting after seeing the original triology.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 17-May-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can think for myself just fine, thank you.

Dj and I saw the premiere in Pittsburgh and we have had MANY discussions about LOTD, so it's not surprising we have similar viewpoints. Neither of us liked the movie all that much, although his disdain for LOTD is much greater than mine.
    I promote free thinking in all my friends. I was the one who turned to Lou at the premiere 20 minutes into the film and loudly stated "This Movie Sucks"
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    man, I could go on and on, but it was just a display of unique ways to kill zombies. There's not a thing wrong with that, it was just totally the opposite of what I was expecting after seeing the original triology.
    Have you seen "Day of the Dead"? How about "Dawn of the Dead"? Start counting ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    BTW, I get it. Which is why I can't understand why you guys like this film. One of you admitted it's crap, not in so many words, but still admitted it, yet you praise it like it is the second coming.
    References would be nice. Very nice.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Have you seen "Day of the Dead"? How about "Dawn of the Dead"? Start counting ...

You have a point...

What I was trying to say is I wasn't expecting what LOTD brought to the table considering the original trilogy. There is a BIG difference between the original 3 and LOTD. If people can't see that on their own, I'm not going to beat the facts into their head. It should be pretty obvious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

You have a point...

What I was trying to say is I wasn't expecting what LOTD brought to the table considering the original trilogy. There is a BIG difference between the original 3 and LOTD. If people can't see that on their own, I'm not going to beat the facts into their head. It should be pretty obvious.

I agree, except you're forgetting one thing. There are big differences between every movie in Romero's Dead Saga. Not between the original trilogy and "Land". I think this is why alot of people had a hard time accepting "Day" at first.

The original trilogy just seems similar to us because we've seen those films more times than we can count. "Land" does it's own thing just like "Day" did, and just like "Dawn" did.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I put a reference in the post.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    I agree, except you're forgetting one thing. There are big differences between every movie in Romero's Dead Saga. Not between the original trilogy and "Land". I think this is why alot of people had a hard time accepting "Day" at first.

The original trilogy just seems similar to us because we've seen those films more times than we can count. "Land" does it's own thing just like "Day" did, and just like "Dawn" did.
    See, I don't see it that way. I see Night, Day & Dawn as being very similar as far as character development, storyline, etc. I'm not referring to the plot itself, I'm referring to 'how' he tells the story. I don't see any of that in Land. There was zero character development, which is almost 100% against the typical GAR 'dead' film. Maybe that's what he was going for, but I just couldn't get into it.

LC

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    See, I don't see it that way. I see Night, Day & Dawn as being very similar as far as character development, storyline, etc. I'm not referring to the plot itself, I'm referring to 'how' he tells the story. I don't see any of that in Land. There was zero character development, which is almost 100% against the typical GAR 'dead' film. Maybe that's what he was going for, but I just couldn't get into it.

LC

You tell'em Steve-Dave
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!