Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Living up to the Hype - your insights into the last two years of video games.

Canada
    9-10 score- perfect, by this, you need this game
    8-average
    every other number- complete garbage, don't waste your time.

That seems to be how people interpret these review scores anyways.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    9-10 score- perfect, by this, you need this game
    8-average
    every other number- complete garbage, don't waste your time.

That seems to be how people interpret these review scores anyways.
    That's basically exactly how I read into them - I won't touch a game below a 9 unless it's something I'm really into...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    PC retail game shelf life is now measured in weeks. Notice the length of publisher technical support has significantly eroded in the last few years. At one time you could count on at least three or four patches from a PC game publisher before they moved on to another project. Currently if a title gets a mediocre review or doesn't sell well, the publisher might release a single patch then drop support less than 6 months after the release date.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    I believe games can set a new standards but in the end it's just that person's opinion.

If I gave CODMW 2 a perfect 10 for a FPS(Not that I am), someone else would no doubt disagree by saying Halo is a far more superior game in some sort of manner.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A good read along the lines of what we're discussing:

10 Stale Ideas Holding Back Gaming

http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1120630p1.html

10 Fresh Ideas Saving Gaming

http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1122021p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"