Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: im here

United States
    hey, ya fixed 'em! right on.

United States
    Yes and it was so simple even a caveman could do it. "Let me be myself, for awhile. If you don't mind..."
    They are no way near the quality that others have taken, but I'll definitely do better next time.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    update time......

United States
    LOL, I see you went back and got #30.....

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    LOL, I see you went back and got #30.....

hey u were egging me on LOL. i also got the bank and the food court/ice rink. they SERIOUSLY lowered the ceiling in that rink, its so low and its not even nearly as wide. u cant tell it was even there. i found the bank on a whim. right up the escalator from the food court

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i also got the bank and the food court/ice rink. they SERIOUSLY lowered the ceiling in that rink, its so low and its not even nearly as wide. u cant tell it was even there. i found the bank on a whim. right up the escalator from the food court
    The ceiling was not lowered at the mall. It's also just as wide as it was in the 70's. They have restaurants & retail shops taking up more space now, plus the tables and chairs for the food court itself. They have, of course, done some remodeling to the food court area.
    The bank you photographed was a brand new National City bank built just a few years ago. It recently became a First Niagra bank. The actual bank location in the mall is currently empty. If you look at the mall map, the bank was in unit 225

http://www.monroevillemall.com/shop/....nsf/directory

Chasing Prey

Canada
    strictly for fun and leisure, no need to piss on my pilgrimage to the mall.

capncnut
    I don't think Lee is pissing on your parade, merely pointing out a few errors as he's a bit of a fan and has some knowledge of the mall. For example, it's possible someone might browse this thread and visit the First Niagara bank thinking it's the bank.

No pissing Frehley, just a little correcting. And love the new pics btw.

ViP

United States
    So you went to Pitt during the Living Dead festival and only visited the Mall? I'm sorry Ace, but I'm pissing all over your pilgrimage.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    strictly for fun and leisure, no need to piss on my pilgrimage to the mall.
    I didn't mean for it to sound like I was doing that at all, sorry if it came across that way. I think Cap expressed it very well.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    So you went to Pitt during the Living Dead festival and only visited the Mall? I'm sorry Ace, but I'm pissing all over your pilgrimage.
    And I'm not just pissing on Ace's pilgrimage, either, I'm shitting and draining my boils all over it.

WTF, man?!

You know something... during the event, Ella Mae Smith said it would be OK if I were to bring a few people out to her house so we could show them where the NIGHT bridge and farmhouse were located. And in a festival of alleged Living Dead fans, I couldn't find a single solitary person that I knew to bring along. Not one.

Very bad show, chaps.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the pics, ace. No complaints or corrections from me. I'm glad to see what the mall looks like.

The mall would definitely be the number one destination for me...
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Nov-2009 at 07:28 PM.

United States
    you didn't spot yojimbo there? surely some members from here made it, right?

i really would have gone, but getting moved and back to school ended up consuming a huge portion of my disposable income.

there's always next year, right?

United States

Wow COOL PICS Ace!!! :P

Like alot of you, my favorite movie of all time is "Dawn of the Dead", 1978 and it was thrilling for me to see actual photographs of Mall where they filmed it!

I wish I could visit that location and other "Dead" locations as well as Festivals, etc but finances are short right now so I really enjoyed that slide show.

Thanks Ace for sharing those with us!

LoD

PS - What would really top it off would be if they had some of the actual actors from the film there signing autographs!

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Check out Updated photo #6 (second to last photo):

Does anyone else think that bald-headed guy looks like the "Harry-Kirshner Zombie" from "Dawn" walking down that hallway? Hey is that a water bottle he's carrying - or a tamborine!? hehehehe

LoD
    Last edited by LadyOfDarkness; 03-Nov-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    LadyOfDarkness
    "Lady Of The Knife"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfDarkness View Post
    What would really top it off would be if that had some of the actual actors from the film there signing autographs!
    You see that picture of Foree's hands? Dated October 11th of 2009. Less than a month ago.