Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Rant Thread (aka the HATE thread)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hate when people chew loudly. I especially hate when people chew crunchy food loudly. My top hate is when people chew with their mouth open.

Ireland
    I hate everything.

But, what I REALLY hate are those TV station logos that are on nearly every channel now. (Thanks America)

I know what feckin channel I'm watching.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    At least you don't have those stupid little things that pop up during the program. Like, "Now: Blah blah blah. Next: Such and such". Sometimes they even have a picture pop up with it that takes up a tenth of the picture! It's like... really stupid, and messes with moments of drama.
    Or do you have that? I wouldn't know.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On the children networks my daughter watches, characters from other shows will walk across the screen and stand there for about 30-60 seconds next to the "Up Next!" logo. It takes up about a 1/4 of the screen. Maybe more. If that starts happening on the adult networks I'll just stop watching them...
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Sep-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I hate copious amounts of CGI in films and shows just because it can be done and it's "cheaper". It usually looks like shit and detracts from my enjoyment of a film.

I hate people who put fart cans (or any add on's to the exhaust system of a car) that make any type of sound when someone is driving. If you want a car that makes noise, buy a nice car. Absolutely no one is impressed with your 4-cylinder Honda Accord or Dodge Neon with a fart can driving around. You look like a dumb ass and I'll intentionally drive past you in my 'Vette just out of being pissed off.

99% of remakes. Enough said.

Filmmakers who think blowing things up and having lots of T&A and/or CGI effects make up for weak plot and dialogue and no character development (i.e. the vast majority of what Hollywood makes these days).

Any discussion that includes the phrase "Jersey Shore" in it or anyone who thinks Stephenie Meyer is a good writer.

People who type in .TXT. When you use words like "kewl" and "u" for you (it's three letters, you can't spell it out? Does that take too much energy?) really pisses me off. I absolutely despise .TXT and refuse to use it. It's part of the reason I never use the .TXT feature on a cell phone because I refuse to not type in complete sentences and thoughts. I'm not a 12 year old middle school student, I'm a college educated graduate and I'm not going to type like I'm 12.

Smart phones of any kind. In fact, most cell phones. I can't stand people who are constantly glued to their electronic gadgets of any kind be it a phone or MP3 player or any other type of electronic device. I keep a cell phone out of necessity for work and if I need to speak with someone. Otherwise, I don't have it out.

I'm sure I'll think of more, these are just items off the top of my head.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm with Shoot - I hate those friggin' logos (MTV take the piss with their on-screen junk) - if you wanna know what channel you're on, you'll press for Info or Select to bring up the channel info window pop-up thingy ... or you know what, you'll have tuned in specifically, so you'll know the channel you're on!

Now - a good example of how to handle it is Sky Atlantic. I may be utterly fed up of seeing those Blackberry adverts now, but their logo is small, subtle, and after a few seconds into the new part of a show it disappears entirely - that's how to handle a screen logo.

It's such a stupid idea to have a logo on, people can easily find out what channel they're on, or they already know (especially as most channels also have full screen idents prior to programming), and in the days of terrestrial TV we didn't require that at all ... but then Channel 5 came along with it's ruddy logo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    one more thing - i hate people who are too much of a pussy to answer the phone when it is a number they don't recognize.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I hate when people chew loudly. I especially hate when people chew crunchy food loudly. My top hate is when people chew with their mouth open.
    I agree. Especially folks who like to smack their lips and make juicy slurpy sounds with their salivary flow.

Also on this note: I detest folks who chew gum loudly, especially when your on the phone with them or they are on the radio giving some sort of lame interview.

Also, what's with those folks who pick their nose while in their cars? Do they thing no one can see them just because they are in their cars? I've seen attractive women with carefully done hair and makeup so the way they appear to others is of obvious importance but there they are sitting at stop lights with their finger wedged into their nostril. What the hell?
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-Sep-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: yeah
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Shitty Drivers and parkers,
    MTV movie awards (should just rename it the Twi-Light awards), MTV in general,
    Movie remakes (The Crow is being remade now.... Really?!? the numerous shit sequels and tv show weren't enough?)
    The FX channel with the exception of It's always sunny in philly and Sons of anarchy, ever try watching a movie on FX?commercials every 9 friggin minutes
    The fact that when I went to elementary and middle school we said the pledge of allegiance every morning, and now people are trying to have it banned.
    Animal Abusers
    Reality TV
    Facebook, people who think others give a shit where they just ate, or what club they just went too, or if its there kid's birthday
    Censorship.... I was watching an episode of Family guy, and Quagmire's ass crack was blurred out... in a god damn cartoon...WTF?
    Obesity being considered a disability....Really!?!? Your going to eat fast food every day for years, never exercise, become a waste of oxygen and life, and expect special treatment? F**k that noise. While a former soldier missing a leg who fought for this country can't get a handicapped spot because some fat f**k took the last one.
    Celebrities who break the law and get special treatment and a slap on the wrist, while us regular folk would end up in jail.

I'll think of more...

England
    People who drive in the middle lane on the motorway never changing lanes or even thinking to.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA