Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat reboot trailer?

United States

MK creator Ed Boon is overseeing the project, which is in development at NetherRealm Studios. "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding," Boon said in a press release, "mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"
    YES!

I guess the original trailer was for a movie after all.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 10-Jun-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Speaking of fatalities/babalities/friendships, anyone know where i can find the codes for them?

I used to know them back in like 93' but they're not in my mental roladex anymore.

I tried googling but nothing.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I guess the original trailer was for a movie after all.
    It was a pitch to the studios in hopes of getting it made. It was directed by the guy that made Fame. Details.

• They shot the short film over two days on two RED cameras

• Started in early April and it took 2 months to do the post production. Most people donated their time. The short was made for $7,500

• Knew if he was going to get a chance at a genre picture, he’d have to show he could do it on his own. This is a calling card for a chance at making the next Mortal Kombat feature film and it’s his vision for how he’d do it.

• No one at any studio knew he was doing the short

• Oren Uziel wrote the short. He’s currently listed on IMDb to write the next Mortal Kombat movie at Warner Bros.

• Says he wants to make a movie that balances the real world with the mysticism and the special powers. Compares it to the way Harry Potter exists in two worlds. As in there are two universes that coexist with each other.

• Confirms “fatalities” are definitely in his movie. He wants to put them in the tournament in an “organic way”

• Definitely would use “get over here” (the classic line from the game)

• Michael Jai White plays Jax Briggs in the short and he’d definitely be a part of the feature.

• Says Scorpion is the bad guy and will stay a bad guy

• They only had 4 hours to shoot the big fight scene

The trailer for the new game looks pretty cool. I don't know about paying full price, but it looks pretty fun...
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jun-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. That's Mortal Kombat.

United States
    Yeah, I'd check it out. Looked interesting, to say the least. If they could make a movie as intense as that short was, then I'd be willing to give it a chance.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Yeah, I'd check it out. Looked interesting, to say the least. If they could make a movie as intense as that short was, then I'd be willing to give it a chance.

Then you would have those that say the movie is too "cartoonish".

Some peolple are never happy.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Then you would have those that say the movie is too "cartoonish".

Some peolple are never happy.

I like cartoonish...

()

United States
    I wish this game was coming out this year:

So glad they went back to strictly 2D, and the 2 vs 2 action reminded me of the Marvel vs Capcom a bit.

Pretty gruesome fatalities, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some games are just meant to be played in 2 D. Not saying 3 D is better or worse, it' just different.

The essence of games such as this one, SF and even mega man and sonic is 2 D and when they become 3 dimensional something gets lost in the translation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I thought the 3D games were awesome, but I don't mind it that they're removing the extra dimension. However what I did like about Mortal Kombat Armageddon and the like was how they were not fighting games were any one person could pick up a controller and bash it and still win. Like Tekken.

United States
    7 more characters confirmed

Playstation Magazine has confirmed the name of seven additional characters for the cast of Mortal Kombat 9. Cyrax, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Smoke, Kitana and Liu Kang will be joining the rest of the crew in the what will be the most violent Mortal Kombat ever released. A playable demo will be available to the public for the first time at the PAX Expo on September 3, 2010.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kewl.

Liu Kang, though? Has there ever been a MK game without him? I thought he was the essential character throughout the series...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Gamescom: Mortal Kombat First Look

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Kewl.

Liu Kang, though? Has there ever been a MK game without him? I thought he was the essential character throughout the series...
    I was thinking the same exact thing.

I dunno how I feel about the way this game looks, from that trailer Coin posted. So far it's on my "do not buy" list.

United States
    Sub-Zero trailer: