Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...and the next reboot is...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys seen the new-ish edit of Conquest? It's even darker than the original. The ADR ending with the zoomed-in eyes is now replaced with the REAL uprising ending. More blood, more violence, and the mayor's life isn't spared at the end. Good stuff.

I still haven't seen the new edit of Battle, though. As mentioned before, that film is okay but feels like a made-for-tv flick. Hopefully this new edit improves on it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I said Battle for the Planet of the Apes was good, not Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Battle is the final sequel everyone always forgets about, because it was just kind of "okay" without being anything special.
    Yes you did but what i said was still funny.

And who forgot about the LAwgiver And aldo!?!

I demand that you name names !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yes you did but what i said was still funny.
    That, it certainly was

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And who forgot about the LAwgiver And aldo!?!

I demand that you name names !!

Whenever I mention the following Planet of the Apes films to people, I get...

Beneath:
    "Oh the one with the nuke?"

Escape:
    "The silly one?"

Conquest:
    "The one about the revolution?"

Battle:
    BLANK STARE

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

"The silly one" as a description for Escape is perfect. You may not like the film, but you have to give them points for doing something original and bringing some originality back to the POTA series. The first half of that film is a romp, but then about three quarters of the way in it turns into a pretty dark tale of survival. Then of course you have the downer ending and it only makes it better. In several ways you could relate it to Dawn.

Then Conquest came along and brought the whole series full circle, but flipped the characters on their head. In that way you could relate it to Day....

Speaking of the Lawgiver.....there's a blu ray menu on EVERY disc of POTA where a CGI lawgiver tells you about the movie. It can be slightly amusing, but ugh....
    Last edited by bassman; 07-May-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Battle for the Planet of the Apes was alright too, it felt a bit cheap-and-nasty, but I enjoyed it. Beneath was crap, Escape was good and Conquest was my favourite of the whole series.
    An explanation about this( for those who never saw the POTA documentary on AMC many years ago ) is typical studio politics. The first Ape movie was a rousing success, so let there be a sequel where we could only get Heston for a limited time so let we'll clone him and call his twin James Franciscus.

As the second film still makes decent money, the third film is green lighted, but with less money, but fortunately we get Roddy McDowell( absent from Beneath The POTAs ) and the script is still good(even without Rod Serling's sharp satire ) and low the public still can't get enough.

So we go on to the fourth and finally fifth movies, where ultimately the budget is no better than a made for TV film and several different cuts of Battle For POTAs appear on the small screen, after the original theatrical release.
    Battle was good, restrictive in scope but good, and I enjoyed Paul Williams as Virgil, who reintroduced us to Prof Hasslein's (Eric Braeden )hypothesis Of Time with quiet humor. The sloppy edits, however, left alot of exposition on the cutting room floor.

Wayne Z
    "Ape shall never kill Abe. "
    "Teacher, have you forgotten your own name? "