Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My best friend died this morning... I've just been told

Spain
    I'm sorry for your loss... I am in this situation too... I have to my wife. The day when she has gone, I am alone... I don't know This emotion because I haven't real friends, It's hard tell this, but it's the true!. You must be strong, Cykotic.

United States
    hey nacho

you do have friends

we may not live near you
    or be able to be there in person
    when you would like us to

but you have friends here man

and cy...
    that goes for you too bro

you should see from all the responses
    that people here realy do care about you and your loss

i for one and i know i am not alone in this
    wish we could be there physically
    to help you out

but you are in our prayers
    and so is your lost friend

Spain
    I know that we have friends here, but when I off my pc, I stay alone... I think that Cykotic thinks the same... It's very difficult that we can see...sadly!.

United States
    Anything you need bro .....

We may want to beat each other with rocks here some times but we are still family.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Undisclosed
    Unfortunately, death lurks around the corner all the time. I almost lost my e-trainer last Wednesday. This is what he typed on his forum.

"I really appreciate the kind words.

I rented a moving truck on Wednesday morning. As I'm pulling out of the lot, it starts snowing. I noticed almost immediately that the brakes didn't have much catch. I almost brought the truck back, but figured that I'd be fine.

Anyways, I live at the highest point in my town. There are some SERIOUS hills on the road. VERY steep hills for running.

As I'm approaching the hill, I bring the truck to a crawl. It didn't help. I hit a patch of black ice and starting sliding like I was on an ice skating rink. There was absolutely no traction. I had to hold on for the ride. I went straight down the hill. The road then ends. It's a no outlet road. At the bottom of the hill, you must go right or left (T intersection). I slid right through the stop sign and slammed into the guard rail.

If the guard rail wasn't there, I'd be dead. It was crazy. I looked out over the guard rail and just stared down to a PURE drop. It's a few hundred feet down.

I'm still shocked that the guard rail sustained the weight of the truck. I got bruised and cut but was more shocked than anything.

Having something like this happen REALLY makes you sit down and think. It's easy to get so busy that you start to forget about those things in life that REALLY matter to us. I had just left my family a few minutes before the accident. To think that it could have been the last good-bye is crazy.

After the truck was towed, I walked home. I didn't want a ride and didn't want to see a doc. I felt like I was in another world.

Very crazy day.

Anyways, that's my ramble for the night. My mind is still racing all over the place.

I need to catch up on a ton of email, but I'll be back on the board this weekend. I'm also upgrading to a new server (more robust) next week. It should REALLY make a big difference with the board speed.

Ross"

United Kingdom
    Huescacho, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife Is there anyone in her family you can talk to about it, or any of her friends that you got on well with?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

England
    The best thing i reckon you can do is get a hobby that allows you to be around friendly people,that applies to anyone here who is a bit lonely im into paintball & going to huge hard house events,and ive met plenty of people through that who are now real life friends!because of the locations these events are held i have friends dotted around the country,so although i cant instantly see them i can always arrange nights out for a weekend.Last weekend i was out in liverpool,but i had to drive up to my mates in middlesborough to get the coach down to liverpool,and once i got there i bumped into more people i know from leeds,manchester and even my hometown!im not the most confident of people either,so it shows you dont have to be lonely even if your shy,hang in there guys!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss... I am in this situation too... I have to my wife. The day when she has gone, I am alone... I don't know This emotion because I haven't real friends, It's hard tell this, but it's the true!
    I am sorry to hear this Nacho. Contact me if you ever need to talk.

Banned User

United States
    I'm sorry for your loss... I am in this situation too... I have to my wife. The day when she has gone, I am alone... I don't know This emotion because I haven't real friends, It's hard tell this, but it's the true!. You must be strong, Cykotic.

I am sorry to hear that Nacho. We all here like you very much. If you want to talk to me about it you can, or to Captain. I know he cares about you also and he is very good at cheering people up.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Unfortunately, death lurks around the corner all the time.
    That is so true. I lost many of my friends and co-workers. I think I can probably list at least 12 people that I know of. Even if your not that close to them their passing leaves a void in your life. You can not escape the subject of death.

Spain
    Heeey!, I don't said this. I said that I will be in your situation IF my wife die...!. I felt down when I read his post because I haven't friends (only you, and very best!). I thought that when she will die, I am alone in the world... but thank you for your gratitude....

capncnut
    LOL, I thought this was the case. I just read the first post again - sorry man.

United Kingdom
    Heeey!, I don't said this. I said that I will be in your situation IF my wife die...!. I felt down when I read his post because I haven't friends (only you, and very best!). I thought that when she will die, I am alone in the world... but thank you for your gratitude....
    You're welcome! And I'm glad to hear your wife is alive and well!
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Kazakhstan
    we all thought nacho was this tragic hero, sigh...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Spain
    Thank you for your words. It's very useful know that some people will help me if a day I need it. My wife is still alive. She is the most important "thing" that I have...

The problem, is that she will die, I stay alone...

United States
    Thank you for your words. It's very useful know that some people will help me if a day I need it. My wife is still alive. She is the most important "thing" that I have...

The problem, is that she will die, I stay alone...
    I hear you, Nacho. The older you get, the less people you have.

Cykotic, this thread made me really sad. I unfortunately at this time, relate too much to this. I tried to think of something uplifting but ran dry. But i will say this and I hope it sounds right
    If I did off myself, it wouldn't be because of my friends, it would be despite them. People hang on much longer than they might have because of the people they love.

Stay up, brother, and try not to let it eat your soul. I have known much death and tragedy and I just stay busy at the things I love. My method is to create an almost impossible creative goal (often something with a technical challenge) and then see it through. Its a productive way to avoid reality where the end is a benefit rather than destruction.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers