Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tasered mom: ‘I posed no threat’

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why is everybody so damn convinced she was speeding? I see no proof, and I don't trust that cop worth of shit. Especially after slamming another accusation against her that was false. Innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty until tazered.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Why is everybody so damn convinced she was speeding? I see no proof, and I don't trust that cop worth of shit. Especially after slamming another accusation against her that was false. Innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty until tazered.
    Yeah. When I said she was stupid for speeding, I meant assuming she was speeding obviously (because I was basing my reply on SRP 76's posts).

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Why not? People that can't figure out how to obey a basic law, which is posted on big-ass signs at the roadside, are obviously either a) stupid as fuck, and undeserving of life, or b) intentionally pissing in the face of the word of law, and therefore also asking for whatever they get.

So which is it?

In reality, people just like to piss in the face of authority, then crybaby about it when they find they're not powerful enough to get away with it. The same old "I'm entitled to do whatever I want, and to hell with the rules" mentality. Well, if you're going to have that, you take what you get, and don't bitch and moan about it.
    Get real man, you act like she committed Murder, the allegations are 5mph the posted speed and talking on a cell phone which could be disproved, and in an update to the case, no evidence on the cops dashcam system showed her speeding, or cellphone usage so they did drop all the charges.

Also, next time you drive see how fast you drive over the limit. I bet you don't stay at 45 or 55 when posted, no one does, if they did you would have a back log of traffic jam from coast to coast.

5mph over is not even worth the time and effort of writing up simply because the courts don't want to waste their time on it, they are looking for 10 & over which has points assessed to it. Plus if you have seen the cop, Google search for his photo you can see he is a cocksmoker of the highest extreme. Just a wannabe tough guy playing cop.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Get real man, you act like she committed Murder, the allegations are 5mph the posted speed and talking on a cell phone which could be disproved, and in an update to the case, no evidence on the cops dashcam system showed her speeding, or cellphone usage so they did drop all the charges.

Also, next time you drive see how fast you drive over the limit. I bet you don't stay at 45 or 55 when posted, no one does, if they did you would have a back log of traffic jam from coast to coast.

5mph over is not even worth the time and effort of writing up simply because the courts don't want to waste their time on it, they are looking for 10 & over which has points assessed to it. Plus if you have seen the cop, Google search for his photo you can see he is a cocksmoker of the highest extreme. Just a wannabe tough guy playing cop.

I was gonna say ballsniffer but that works just as well. That's one of the problems with the quota system cops have. Instead of policing what's going on they "look" for crime.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Instead of policing what's going on they "look" for crime.
    With a job like that....I suspect being on your toes and always expecting danger is a smart way of thinking. Should soldiers not be looking for the enemy?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    With a job like that....I suspect being on your toes and always expecting danger is a smart way of thinking. Should soldiers not be looking for the enemy?
    turning the public into "the enemy" is a very dangerous and immature mindset for a cop!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    turning the public into "the enemy" is a very dangerous and immature mindset for a cop!
    Agreed. However, a lot of these rookies walk in with a cocky attitiude and no one straightens them out until they get themselves into a situation like this, and by then it is too late because the damage is already done.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Yes, but police aren't soldiers. They're not proactively fighting a war. Their role is to keep the peace. Yes, they should be alert at all times but actively going out looking for stuff to bust soemone one on is bullshit. Because truthfully a cop can arrest you anywhere, anytime for almost anything he wants and call it disorderly conduct.

They look for crime here in NYC as well only they call it stop and frisk, a.k.a. racial profiling. What else do you call a program where it's %90 percent blacks and Latinos getting stopped and of those only %12 get arrested or issued summonses. If that's not a fishing expedition then I don't know what is. Furthermore, it illustrates perfectly the dangers and slippery slope that exists when police "look for crime".

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I didn't say anything about turning the public into the enemy. I said LOOKING for the enemy. And any good cop should be cautious of EVERYONE.

I don't expect most people to understand this. Maybe if you or one of your loved ones saw what it was like putting their lives on the line every day you would have a different opinion.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Sorry, but you would have just lost some money on your incorrect assumption that I break the speed laws. And the whole "everyone does it" argument makes me laugh.

I also laugh at how everyone's trying to claim "oh, she wasn't speeding, she COULDN'T have been, the cop MUST be lying! He just pulled her over for no reason at all!" The blind cop-hate getting the best of you.

And since I'm so "wrong" here, let's ask you people something:

How in fuck do you explain the fact that I have NEVER been tasered, shot, beaten with a baton, thrown in a dungeon, mauled by the dog, run over by the squad car, or in any other way assaulted by a police officer - EVER - if my system doesn't work?

If I'm so wrong in simply adhering to the law, why exactly am I not in these videos getting abused? If my way is the wrong way, I should be getting victimized just as often as everyone else, right?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Sorry, but you would have just lost some money on your incorrect assumption that I break the speed laws. And the whole "everyone does it" argument makes me laugh.

I also laugh at how everyone's trying to claim "oh, she wasn't speeding, she COULDN'T have been, the cop MUST be lying! He just pulled her over for no reason at all!" The blind cop-hate getting the best of you.

And since I'm so "wrong" here, let's ask you people something:

How in fuck do you explain the fact that I have NEVER been tasered, shot, beaten with a baton, thrown in a dungeon, mauled by the dog, run over by the squad car, or in any other way assaulted by a police officer - EVER - if my system doesn't work?

If I'm so wrong in simply adhering to the law, why exactly am I not in these videos getting abused? If my way is the wrong way, I should be getting victimized just as often as everyone else, right?
    But man, don't you see, it's not about being scared of the cops - it's about having faith in the justice system. If police go around doing shit like that then it gives out the impression that all cops are assholes and that the justice system is "the enemy", and people lose respect for the law. And that attitude is one of the many contributing factors to anti-social, gang-type behaviour. Basically violent cops are only feeding social disorder, not helping it. They are reducing themselves to the level of street thugs, and how do you expect street thugs to behave if even their supposed "moral betters" are indulging in whimsical acts of violence. Police should behave rationally, respectfully and respectably, they should act like genuinely "good people" and set a good example.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I know lots of people who have speeded and still none of the stuff you've done never happened to them. So I guess your system sucks.

Anyway, we're not automaticly jumping on the "Hate the cops!"-wagon. But we're automaticly jumping on the "Hate the cop who tazers people who are innocent until proven guilty! Especially of fucking speeding!"-wagon.

See? There's quite a big difference there.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I didn't say anything about turning the public into the enemy. I said LOOKING for the enemy. And any good cop should be cautious of EVERYONE.

I don't expect most people to understand this. Maybe if you or one of your loved ones saw what it was like putting their lives on the line every day you would have a different opinion.
    This is chicken and the egg here discussion here fella...

You could argue that an aggressive police force will preceed an aggressive public. Police are meant as a support structure, not as Orwell put it "rough men waiting in the night to harm all those who would harm us."

This issue goes deeper than just assessing the basic attitudes of your street level cop, this has all to do with the impression of social stigma and community pressure against practises like littering, drink driving, low education due to truancy, bad parents letting their kids roam the streets, etc etc...(and more governmental focuses such as poor education, poor facilities for the young etc etc etc etc etc)

its those little things in society which cause greater problems such as street crime, robbery, vandalism, shit like that...

The police aren't there to dish out rough justice on those they deem unworthy. THey are meant to CALM situations down, not rile them up, make arrests if necessary etc. They work best when they go in with a firm BUT FAIR hand, you see my point? Innocent until proven....

you shouldn't see a cop effing and jeffing at a member of the public because they were speeding...they should talk strongly and harshly but with authority which isn't governed by the use of taser guns.

Its all about perceptions.

If people percieve the cops as these foot soldiers of the night, why would anyone respect them? Most of all, trust them?One instantly becomes defensive with fear and a sense of injustice - that is down to this perception that they act like seek and destroy drones patrolling the city in Blade Runner.

I'm not saying all cops, that would be unfair myself...we see a fair share of brutality in both the US and here in the UK - but with more stories like these for the press to suck in, and with more deaths or injuries due to unmeasured and brutish responses (see UK protest thing this year - 1 death, 1 miscarriage) we all feel just that little bit further from protected, to victimised.

The bottom line is, all cops need to be careful they aren't making the problems on the streets worse by disconnecting themselves even further from the public. It's a fine line and an easily breakable thread but THAT is what their job is.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "rough men waiting in the night to harm all those who would harm us."

Now if that doesn't sound like Batman type vigilante justice then I don't know what does.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    if that trooper couldn't handle a woman during a routine traffic stop he should have his badge and gun taken away permanently.
    Hear hear!
    That cop is a coward and a weakling if the cops dont fire him themselves then it shows them for the corrupt good old boy network they are.
    Last edited by Trencher; 01-Sep-2009 at 01:06 PM.