Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Blu Ray

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Mazarra talks about the season 2 dvd/blu-ray

http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie...nner_glen.html

I'm liking the way he's keeping fans updated. He's prolific on Twitter.
    And hopefully we bloody well get all that here in the UK too!

By the sounds of it, it seems like we might hopefully be getting all that cut footage from the original episodes 1 and 2 - which would be excellent for the fans. I really hope we get this complete package in the UK - pay attention AMC/Anchor Bay/whoever.

Undisclosed
    If I recall correctly, when AMC accidently posted the pre-order for Season 2 dvd/blu ray, the release date was August 31st. I hope it's sooner than that. I would love to bring both seasons to my camp this Summer and have a zombie-fest.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    If I recall correctly, when AMC accidently posted the pre-order for Season 2 dvd/blu ray, the release date was August 31st. I hope it's sooner than that. I would love to bring both seasons to my camp this Summer and have a zombie-fest.
    I recall Bassman saying a while back that AMC often release boxsets in the lead-up to a new season, so August 31st is probably fairly accurate, coming less than two months ahead of season three's debut - it makes business sense, but from a fan's perspective there's the ruddy waiting for it, hehe.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm very surprised they'll be including the "lost episode" deleted scenes. I figured AMC would try to sweep that one under the rug after all the Darabont controversy on the net.

I'm surprised we're getting deleted scenes at all, actually. The SE Season One set could have had several but they weren't included. I could also use more commentaries, but it's better to have a few than none at all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm very surprised they'll be including the "lost episode" deleted scenes. I figured AMC would try to sweep that one under the rug after all the Darabont controversy on the net.

I'm surprised we're getting deleted scenes at all, actually. The SE Season One set could have had several but they weren't included. I could also use more commentaries, but it's better to have a few than none at all.
    Aye, I was a little surprised that they're putting the stuff on there - but so they damn well should - we the fans want to see that footage. Surely it must be most of an episode's worth of footage. It'd be wise for them to not make things worse, just be open with the footage, as they seem to be doing - which is good.

I was re-reading some Mazzara interviews and it seemed to say that AMC kind of backed off a bit and let the folks do what they needed to do in the back-end of season two - which clearly was a wise move as the back-end was the best portion of the season (even though I loved the whole season, the back end definitely had the most to offer, but as is so often the case with quality drama, you've got to do the leg work up front to make the back-end have meaning ... so it's all necessary).

I also noticed when perusing Mazzara's twitter feed t'other day that he said it's more than likely that it'll just be the one set (i.e. no double dip, as what happened with the first season) ... so hopefully that'll mean we Brits might actually stand a fucking chance of getting the full works on DVD/Blu-Ray, rather than just getting the rushed release (which was cut no less!) and not getting the special edition (still hoping they'll change that when season two is released, to cash-in, you know?)

Super Moderator

UK
    You can pre-order Season 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray now - although there's no info as-yet, from what I've seen anyway, as to what the whole package will be like (e.g. extras etc) ... the date says August 27th for the release though. I wonder if that'll really be the street date?

England
    A video preview of the Limited Edition box

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anchor Bay has announced the official release date of August 28th: http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=77343

So far we know these features will be included....

•Five Audio Commentaries:
    – Ep.1 – “What Lies Ahead” – Ep.7 – “Pretty Much Dead Already” – Ep.8 – “Nebraska” – Ep.11 – “Judge, Jury, Executioner” – Ep.13 – “Beside the Dying Fire”
    •Deleted Scenes with audio commentary by Producer Glen Mazzara
    •“Cut Material” featurette
    •AMC’s behind-the-scenes featurettes
    I really, really hope we get another documentary like "We Are The Walking Dead" from the first season SE....
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Apr-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anchor Bay has announced the official release date of August 28th: http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=77343

So far we know these features will be included....

I really, really hope we get another documentary like "We Are The Walking Dead" from the first season SE....
    Yeah. That was excellent. "Cut Material" featurette should be very interesting.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Again, as I've said before, hopefully we Brits don't get stuffed this time - but considering there's only supposed to be a single release, the chances are stacked more in our favour - but that doesn't mean we'll get everything as so often is the case (e.g. the Blue Velvet blu-ray in our territory apparently won't have the 51 minutes of newly discovered deleted scenes!) - but hopefully they'll do it right with season two ... and even more hopefully, they'll pimp out the SE version of season one here in the UK as a tie-in release.

I'd love to see the material cut from the original episode 1 & 2 - there's so much missing information that'd be good to see. You get snippets of it in the season two trailer, but naturally it went walkies when there were problems, so hopefully they've not done a half-assed job in presenting us that cut content. I want it all, not a few handfuls.

England
    Season 2 has been classified an 18 in the UK with NO cuts.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV288961/

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Season 2 has been classified an 18 in the UK with NO cuts.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV288961/
    Any word yet on the special features for the UK boxset? Hopefully we get exactly what our Americalander chums are getting - I was pissed that we got screwed over with no special edition of season one (still yet to import the R1 SE DVD). However, provided the disc extras check out, I'll be getting season two on blu-ray.

In terms of cuts - were the cuts to season one down to whoever handed them over from America, rather than the BBFC themselves? I think it was the former (sometimes that's been known to happen, a distributor hands over an inferior copy with cut material, and the BBFC make no cuts themselves) - indeed the content of season one is tame by comparison to some of the stuff passed uncut by the BBFC, so IIRC it was whoever provided the UK distributors with copies that made the balls up ... point being, hopefully that won't happen again.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Any word yet on the special features for the UK boxset? Hopefully we get exactly what our Americalander chums are getting - I was pissed that we got screwed over with no special edition of season one (still yet to import the R1 SE DVD). However, provided the disc extras check out, I'll be getting season two on blu-ray.

In terms of cuts - were the cuts to season one down to whoever handed them over from America, rather than the BBFC themselves? I think it was the former (sometimes that's been known to happen, a distributor hands over an inferior copy with cut material, and the BBFC make no cuts themselves) - indeed the content of season one is tame by comparison to some of the stuff passed uncut by the BBFC, so IIRC it was whoever provided the UK distributors with copies that made the balls up ... point being, hopefully that won't happen again.
    Not sure but season 1 was classified 15 and it looks like it was submitted with the cuts already made as I can only find details saying passed with no cuts.
    I've already preordered the season 2 bluray from Amazon UK and after extensive searching it seems there is only one version of the release with 4 discs (it says 3 on Amazon) with the limited edition head being the only other option. Don't forget that the season 1 bluray/dvd barebones release was released earlier worldwide with North America the only territory getting the SE so it wouldn't make financial sense to have different versions/extras for different territories this time around.
    Does anyone know if they classify extras? The BBFC rating refers to the episodes only I've just noticed.
    Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Not sure but season 1 was classified 15 and it looks like it was submitted with the cuts already made as I can only find details saying passed with no cuts.
    I've already preordered the season 2 bluray from Amazon UK and after extensive searching it seems there is only one version of the release with 4 discs (it says 3 on Amazon) with the limited edition head being the only other option. Don't forget that the season 1 bluray/dvd barebones release was released earlier worldwide with North America the only territory getting the SE so it wouldn't make financial sense to have different versions/extras for different territories this time around.
    Does anyone know if they classify extras? The BBFC rating refers to the episodes only I've just noticed.
    Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
    Perhaps they haven't received those yet - hopefully just a delay, and not we Brits getting screwed again. That'd be a piss take - hopefully not though - surely it's lighter on the pocket for the money men to just release the same content everywhere, rather than farting around giving half-assed releases to other countries (you'd think they would have all learned by now, that if you give everyone the best content, then more people will actually buy it - on numerous occasions I've had to import, or flat-out not purchase a release, simply because the release itself is half-assed and missing content found on the American release).

So yeah, hopefully just a delay, or something like that!

England
    Season 2 Bluray/DVD Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1VsUaC2JA

-- -------- Post added 02-Jun-2012 at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 31-May-2012 at 02:53 PM ----------

MY HOME CINEMA