Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3rd Riddick film - Vin Diesel

Administrator

England
    Loved it! Not as good as the first two IMHO, but still engaging and imaginative, if a little predictable with cliche characters etc!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    No.1 at the box office, be it without much competition - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Riddi...ion-39336.html

I hope it does well enougn so we get no.4!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Just saw it. It was OK. I mainly went because of Pitch Black, which I loved back in the day. Some elements of this film felt like exact copies of that, tho. Like the monsters in the rain. They felt very much like the aliens in the dark from Pitch Black. I hope a fourth film goes back to Chronicles of Riddick territory without the over-the-top cheese that film brought.

Administrator

England
    It's definately the least of the three for me, but there was still enough in there I erally enjoyed to rate it!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What brought it down several pegs for me were the godawful demale characters. They were either rape victims or butch lesbians that made exceptions for Vin Diesel. That whole part felt so awkward. Like a 15 year olds wet dream.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What brought it down several pegs for me were the godawful demale characters. They were either rape victims or butch lesbians that made exceptions for Vin Diesel. That whole part felt so awkward. Like a 15 year olds wet dream.
    Yeh! Great wasn't it

Joking aside, it didn't bother me too much as some of the dialog and scenes were so good. The first third of the film was the best, but again, I really just dug being in Riddick's world again, so I forgive some of the lesser points of the flick!

ps: Loved the bikes!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    True, I like being sent back there as well. It's pretty gritty and dirty comparef to many other franchises. I liked the way the film kept switching perspectives. First 30 minutes is all Riddick, but for act 2 he takes on a supporting role only to come back as the protagonist in act 3.

England
    Shameless bump!

Watched this last weekend, absolutely loved it - brainless, violent, unbelievable high energy fun! 1st part of the movie was the best IMO, but I love anything that involves "survival ordeals". The entire Riddick series is just pure grunty-killy escapism at it's best...I genuinely enjoy this franchise.

I heard the 4th one has been given the green light as well...this one cost something like $30 million to make and has netted $100 million, so a good return for whoever invested in it.

don't know if the DR is a different ending to the theatre one, but going by the DR ending, he will be heading to the underverse to kick ass and be all snarky whilst decapitating folk and stuff
    Last edited by Legion2213; 06-Feb-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I heard the 4th one has been given the green light as well...
    Please tell me this is legit!
    -Carl Sagan