Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prisoners

United States
    Okay how can I trust that a prisoner is being honest about what he's locked up for or what his profession is? Its apparent they can't follow the rules of society or else they wouldn't be locked up... but you make a good point clangee you need certain professionals to align yourself with... however the problem with that way of thinking is very simple... once they become an asset to your community they may try to abuse that power... think Steve from Dawn 04...

I live my life much like if zombies already walk... I learn what I need to survive and never stop... when I worked for my dad at his medical office I read near every patient chart and asked a bagillion questions which of course came in handy when I raided his medical cabinets... I'm an avid do-it-myselfer as far as home construction, repair, whatever... i'm in the process of learning how to repair cars... I've taken CPR courses, I'm an avid gardener and I make some sweet wine too... all of this of course I learned and continue to learn because hey... I love to sail and want to sail to my private island and turn it into my sanctuary... being alone in the middle of the Pacific requires some skills and before I actaully go any long distance I shall acquire what I need... its for the above reasons that I simply dont feel the need for a large pool of people to serve a purpose in my society... i'd rather have underlings who have no special talent that way i'm the one who's needed most...

I would like to have my boyfriend and his family with me though... they're floggin awesome they're so nice and uncorrupted... and his friends maybe... I'd take about two of my pals... and there ya have it...

You kinda have to be mercenary in a zombie world... I mean eventually you may have to kill everyone you love and care about in the instant they turn... besides knocking off a few criminals would make for target practice... (i'm being entirely facetious with that)
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Oh, I agree. One must be rather mercenary to survive in a Zombie world. Mercenary was a poor choice of words. It is mercenary but it is also cruel. There is no absolute NEED for cruelty.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States

Rolling Stones - House of the Rising Sun

Well we certainly wouldnt want something from Dead Rising happening where the convicts are running around with a jeep and gun!

And why can't I quick reply?

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Okay how can I trust that a prisoner is being honest about what he's locked up for or what his profession is? Its apparent they can't follow the rules of society or else they wouldn't be locked up... but you make a good point clangee you need certain professionals to align yourself with... however the problem with that way of thinking is very simple... once they become an asset to your community they may try to abuse that power... think Steve from Dawn 04...

I live my life much like if zombies already walk... I learn what I need to survive and never stop... when I worked for my dad at his medical office I read near every patient chart and asked a bagillion questions which of course came in handy when I raided his medical cabinets... I'm an avid do-it-myselfer as far as home construction, repair, whatever... i'm in the process of learning how to repair cars... I've taken CPR courses, I'm an avid gardener and I make some sweet wine too... all of this of course I learned and continue to learn because hey... I love to sail and want to sail to my private island and turn it into my sanctuary... being alone in the middle of the Pacific requires some skills and before I actaully go any long distance I shall acquire what I need... its for the above reasons that I simply dont feel the need for a large pool of people to serve a purpose in my society... i'd rather have underlings who have no special talent that way i'm the one who's needed most...

I would like to have my boyfriend and his family with me though... they're floggin awesome they're so nice and uncorrupted... and his friends maybe... I'd take about two of my pals... and there ya have it...

You kinda have to be mercenary in a zombie world... I mean eventually you may have to kill everyone you love and care about in the instant they turn... besides knocking off a few criminals would make for target practice... (i'm being entirely facetious with that)
    What's the next step, you going to join the Marines?

United States
    thought about it but no... there really is no next step... though there is the LA marathon ... that's good training right there... nothing like running for several hours! and everytime I do... I'm imagining a horde or zombies chasing me lol
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Against my better judgement, I shall allow myself to be drawn into the argument. Just to play devil's advocate. What if. . .some of those prisoners, that you would pray for before you pop (kinda hypocritical), had those skills for which you seek. Say, a doctor and a botonist. What then? Still gonna kill 'em? Just curious. Sounds pretty mercenary to me.
    Nah not hypocritical, not praying for them, praying for myself I would rather not be in a position where I have to pass judgement. Somtimes the intention is differing from the perspective viewers standpoint. From the true Karmic view (not the My name is Earl) it is not the act that matters but the intention just read Mahabharat. And as far as I am concerned they are in prison and even though they may have the skills that I might need to aid group survival, they are also more likley (considering where they are) to hinder the survival of the group.

Undisclosed
    And what happens when right when you decide to shoot one of the prisoners (after you pray for him, of course) and he grabs the gun form you and trains it on you. Or better yet, shoots you. Is he still the bad guy? obviously if you're going around indescriminantly killing folks, then you should be locked up right next to him.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    And what happens when right when you decide to shoot one of the prisoners (after you pray for him, of course) and he grabs the gun form you and trains it on you. Or better yet, shoots you. Is he still the bad guy? obviously if you're going around indescriminantly killing folks, then you should be locked up right next to him.
    Obviously you were not reading my post rather having a knee jerk reaction

I was not praying for him/her on my previous post, I was praying for myself for having to make such a decision.
    Also he is unlikely to be able to grab the gun from me, he is in a cell I would not be unless if he comes across as streach armstrong. actully if you look at it in all fairness then I cant let him/her out incase he does grab the gun from me and decides his survival does not rely on my living, or attempts to attack one of my group.

So I can either just let him/her rot in there and die of starvation or I can shoot him/her and put them out of there misery. In this case as I am not allowing him/her out to protect my safty (survival and all that) I could do the cruel thing and let him rot there.

Tell me which is crueler??

is there such a word hmmm...

Undisclosed
    I dont know if you can label one as being any more cruel (more cruel, not crueler) than the other, It makes you a murderer either way.

Its funny to hear someone talk about "knee-jerk" reactions in a conversation about indescriminate killing of another, simply because they happen to be in jail. I would consider that the ultimate knee-jerk reaction.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Not the way to win friends and influence people. Seriously though, just leave off the praying bit. If you are willingly committing murder, there's no point in praying about it. If you believe in hell, you've got a ticket. Might as well spend the rest of your days kicking puppies and drowning babies.

Norway
    If I stumbled upon a prison I would have killed all prisoners immediately, I would kill anyone wearing a guard uniform too just to make sure. I don't care about there being safety in numbers. I rather be dead than having to suck up to a bunch of thugs.
    If one of them had a skill that a skill that I would be absolutely dependent on I guess I could keep one, but that guy would be under guard.

United States
    He couldn't be kept under guard; you already killed all the guards. You're alone.

Really, no live person would go to a prison, anyway. There is nothing there for us. So, the only way we'd find ourselves in a prison, would be if we ourselves were the prisoners.

At the start, it would be great. Totally safe: you have the exterior fences, the exterior walls, then the locked entrance to the main building, then the outer gate into the prison section, then the inner gate to the cellblocks...then the bars across your cell. NO deadhead is going to just randomly manage to shamble in and get you.

The only problem arises when you..um...starve to death.

However, if you are able to tunnel out through the back wall of your cell, you've got a chance. Remember, nobody is guarding you, so you don't have to sneak. So, you can dig with whatever you have, nonstop, without having to hide anything.

United States
    Trencher man i'm digging the way you think...

United States
    so bloodthirsty. . . .

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Trencher man i'm digging the way you think...
    Right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    so bloodthirsty. . . .
    I am not bloodthirsty by nature, I just dont like stress.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    He couldn't be kept under guard; you already killed all the guards. You're alone.
    Then I would have to chain him down, lock him up or hobble him or something. All which would mean much work and stress for me. I would rather avoid that whole scenario, bad for the soul if you ask me.
    Last edited by Trencher; 21-Sep-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost