Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conan the Barbarian

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    who liked The Running Man?
    Loved The Running Man, Starsky did a good job in the director's chair. The guy that played Damon Killian stole the show though.

United States
    The Running Man was good. One of the better adaptations of a Stephen King (sorry, Richard Bachman) story.

Conan has to be one of the greatest films of all time. If anyone's ever read any of the serious Conan comics, not that colorful MARVEL tripe, then, you can see that it was fairly well grounded in the actual storyline. Personally, thats what I look for in any movie based off of a comic/book/video game.

The musical score in Conan is certainly one of the best. especially considering that this was filmed when disco was dying and big hair rock was developing as a force...

Personally, there are very few Arnie films I've ever actively disliked. Probably LAST ACTION HERO and the one where he gets pregnant(?)...but, I'd be pressed to name another.

He might be as a politician, but as an actor, HELLS YEAH...girlie men look out!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I love the Running Man! The theme song is great in that film too. It's all good, man.

And I love The Last Action Hero.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    And I love The Last Action Hero.

You know what? That was a really good concept for a movie. But, it wasn't pulled off well. It had potential, is what I'm trying to say.

And, to be honest, I really thought TRUE LIES was a great action flick. And, KINDERGARTEN COP still makes me laugh like hell. So, I guess Arnie films are one of those things; where we all have one that we like, but don't tell anyone about...sort of like 80s Rock Music

Kazakhstan
    kindergarten cop gave us all those arnold soundboard prank calls, so it gets respect from me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post

You know what? That was a really good concept for a movie. But, it wasn't pulled off well. It had potential, is what I'm trying to say.
    I disagree. I think it was pulled off as well as it could have been. Arnold in the lead role, a villainous brit attempting some strange scheme (and he has a glass eye too)! There's plenty of action, that's a bit dumber than what is ordinary. The gags work.

Overall, I think it's a good action film with nice contrasts. The scene where the bad guy breaks the fourth wall and speaks directly into the camera is priceless.

Undisclosed