Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite TV show intro sequences?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ^^
    huh. i did not know the back story of the theme's creation. sounds like a lot of work and quite a bit of creativity went into it. it certainly is an iconic piece of music that is immediately recognizable to many, many folks. i think that Orbital's version of it rocks the known 'verse. my ex was very into techno, so i learned to either love it or at least live with techno. turns out, i rather like most of it and that is how i first heard their version. but that is a story for another thread.

as for doctor who: like i said, back in the 70s and early 80s it was shown on PBS over here. i don't know how many eps. we were behind but once i saw the show as a kid, i was hooked and every saturday eve. there would be two "new" eps. on.

as you can probably tell, i'm a huge fan of 60s and 70s (and a bit of the early 80s) horror and scifi tv. i've literally scoured planet earth for some of the shows i have collected over the years. of course, the intranets have made that, ahem, easier.

another great 70s show no one has mentioned yet was survivors. another one i was totally hooked on.

too bad the remake a few years ago was crap (in my opinion at least). though it's pretty hard to live up to something that was as good as "survivors" was, esp. that first season, that was some amazing tv.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    ^^ Nearly included that myself! And yes, the remake missed the mark!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan