Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LET'S DO A PETITION: DAWN OF THE DEAD '78 Restoration !!!!!

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Yeah, to make the double bill Dawn had to be cut down to Creepshow's certificate apparently. I heard they were pretty brutal.
    The only cut I can remember distinctly was the shotgun scene in the beginning. Wooley kicks the door in, fires, cut to screaming woman. The audience was WTF!

Super Moderator

UK
    Would ya quit with pining over flaws?! You're doing my nut in!

A flaw worth paying any attention to is something like a massive gash through the whole film, or piss-poor contrast, an incorrect ratio, new and crappy soundtracks and additional scenes added 30 years after the fact which aren't even a million miles near looking like the original film's scenes.

These films are old, but they're remastered on DVD - no matter what the film is, it'll be nothing more than the odd dot or small scratch for a mere split second that you'll more than likely not notice because you're looking at something else, paying attention to motion on the screen or you've blinked and missed it.

Seriously, quit it with the obsession with these minute dots/scratches, you're driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!

*head explodes, body shivers to the ground, solitary chunk drips from ceiling after all other debris has fallen for comedic effect*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

*head explodes, body shivers to the ground, solitary chunk drips from ceiling after all other debris has fallen for comedic effect*
    Daryl Revok, principal of the Biocarbon Amalgamate Inc., has been here.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A flaw worth paying any attention to is something like a massive gash through the whole film, or piss-poor contrast, an incorrect ratio, new and crappy soundtracks and additional scenes added 30 years after the fact which aren't even a million miles near looking like the original film's scenes.
    So I take it you're talkin about the Night anniversary edition.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    careful man, you might trigger a flamer-relapse, or at least a bad flashback.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed

Id be happy to see a super clean polish of DAWN...

however I would still watch the UE most of the time, I have a 42'' HDTV and it looks great. I would like to see a HDDVD Dawn though

One thing that is good about older grainy movies (VHS) the gore didnt look as fake because the quility hid much of the smoke and mirrors.