Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1-18-08 AKA Cloverfield

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Put that thing away, pervo!
    Ewwww! That's what it was?!

I wondered why he turned the lights off...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    huh. at the end of the new trailer you see some sillouette of what looks like a woman being ..i dunno inflated slither style, thats not a good sign.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's one of the first "reviews". Apparently the film delivers on every level....

It's over at Aint It Cool News.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Jan-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Here's one of the first "reviews". Apparently the film delivers on every level....

It's over at Aint It Cool News.
    I read part of it but didn't go on in fear of spoilers. Sounds great, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, despite the fact that I was spreading the gospel of this movie before it came out and was probably the most excited person on the East Coast... I didn't see the movie until just now.

Wow, I LOVED it. Friggin intense as hell... there were times when my heart was pounding pretty hard. My only complaint was the ending...

I think it should have ended when the helicopter crashed. The scene with Rob and Beth in the tunnel was pretty lame and un-necessary, if you ask me.

I went through some of the Cloverfield threads here and it seems some members don't/didn't think there was an explanation as to where the monster came from. But, I suggest you go back and re-watch the movie, or at least this scene:

During the scene in which Rob & Beth are on the ferris wheel, they pan the camera past the ocean. When this is done, you can see the monster, in the distance, falling from the sky into the ocean. This would mean the monster fell from outer space, somehow.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i knew where it came from, it was pretty blunt if you followed the viral stuff, but honestly, take away the way its filmed and cloverfield is, in my meaningless and totally personal opinion, a fun theme park ride but a boring movie.

had it been in 3d it would have been an epic experience, but its, to quote the constant sage randal graves (not an intentional rhyme) "its just a film about walking!"

ive been very harsh on lots of films and looked back later and grown quite fond of them, one example being hancock, another to a lesser extent being the happening believe it or not. but this has constantly left a bad taste in my mouth. i even bought the dvd to see if it was different, but every time i pick up the case i get that distaste back and put it on the shelf again and watch the big lebowski or american splendor or something instead.

but, like i said thats just me, and i think this is one of those films were you shouldn't take a review off any site as representative off this because no two people agree on it exactly, if you loved it good for you, better to be entertained than left bitter.

and i DO use this to stand by saying i liked sweeny todd, even if the emo kids said the rest of us couldn't!

-if your wondering what made me change my view on the happening its really very simple.

i watched max payne.
    Last edited by Danny; 24-Jan-2009 at 11:43 PM.

United States
    I'm excited

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'm excited
    For what?

Are you huffing old newspaper ink? Inquiring minds want to know.