Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you DON'T want to see in 'The Walking Dead'...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Yeah I know but I've really no intention of reading the comic to be honest - which I'm sure is going to be much better - either way I'll give the show a go, for the lols....just not a fan of these tired cliche "john connor" characters running around squeaking all over the place.
    Also there are rumors of a gang turning up somewhere in the 1st season. I guess this series isn't for you then
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Hmmm... do you know The Walking Dead is based off a comic book? One of the main characters is a kid. They're staying true to the story line, so read it and then you'll know whether or not they'll have things you may not enjoy.
    Wait, a kid? I don't remember. Did they have a kid at the start, or are you talking about the baby that was born in prison?

Or was there a kid...? I think I might recall some little brat being with the group, but I don't remember anything he said or did. So maybe he wasn't a real "main" character? Not featured much?

It been a couple years since I read any of it.

Super Moderator

United States
    There's numerous kids involved in different story arcs throughout the book, and while many of them take a backseat, Rick's son certainlyt doesn't.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    There's numerous kids involved in different story arcs throughout the book, and while many of them take a backseat, Rick's son certainlyt doesn't.
    I only got up to where the stereotypical "punk gang" invades the prison and kills everybody, while our heroes (what's left of them) run away.

How much more stuff has happened since then?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I only got up to where the stereotypical "punk gang" invades the prison and kills everybody, while our heroes (what's left of them) run away.

How much more stuff has happened since then?
    Hmmm, a pretty good bit, actually, but not so much that someone who has read a bit more than I have (I missed the last 4 or so issues), couldn't sum it up in a few sentences.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-Sep-2010 at 07:28 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    From Issue 48(Where they escape the Prison), until now(Issue 76), a shit load has happened. Especially with Carl.

A few sentences? Are you reading the same comic?

EDIT: And Carl stopped being "Pure" since the sixth issue. To an above poster.
    Last edited by Dr Tongue; 05-Sep-2010 at 08:08 PM.

England
    Careful with the spoilers guys
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Careful with the spoilers guys
    True, true, but Shootem's OP warned against spoilers...but it'd be really cool if a "***SPOILERS***" was added to the thread title itself

Because spoilers are like a fork to the head...

United States
    Way to work the new smilies into the conversationion there Smiliy Man....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ahh even if it has got stereotypical "mute" kid and "punk" cannibal gangs I'll still give it a shot, cos its got ZOMBIES in it!

Have to say the way people talk about the comic though does make me want to read it....still want to read Watchmen first though
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    ahh even if it has got stereotypical "mute" kid and "punk" cannibal gangs I'll still give it a shot, cos its got ZOMBIES in it!

Have to say the way people talk about the comic though does make me want to read it....still want to read Watchmen first though
    Can't go wrong w/ either one. Watchmen is much more of a "dense" read IMO - there are layers apon layers. I read read it about once a year or so & get more out of it each time. Deep stuff, man...

United States

Where is the spoon in the ass smily?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One would figure that punks like that would be plentiful in a world such as this so it should be expected actually.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Zombies eating animals has lots of implications. It raises lots of questions and forces certain conclusions. For example, if zombies will suffice with animals then why are they congregating around human survivors rather than flocking to ranches? Could you use animals as bait and lure zombies to their demise around an animal instead of using humans for bait? Can you use animals in a strategy to fool or distract zombies? On the flip side, you can no longer use trained animals as tools in the zombie world. No more sending a sandwich in a bag across the zombie infested parking lot. I'm fine with the whole zombie/animal thing so long as it comes out plausible. But don't show me something that proves that the writers didn't think it through.

As for the complaining before the thing is even out... I like to complain. If you try to take my enjoyment of complaining about stuff away, I'll just complain about you taking my complaining away.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Zombies eating animals has lots of implications. It raises lots of questions and forces certain conclusions. For example, if zombies will suffice with animals then why are they congregating around human survivors rather than flocking to ranches? Could you use animals as bait and lure zombies to their demise around an animal instead of using humans for bait? Can you use animals in a strategy to fool or distract zombies? On the flip side, you can no longer use trained animals as tools in the zombie world. No more sending a sandwich in a bag across the zombie infested parking lot. I'm fine with the whole zombie/animal thing so long as it comes out plausible. But don't show me something that proves that the writers didn't think it through.

As for the complaining before the thing is even out... I like to complain. If you try to take my enjoyment of complaining about stuff away, I'll just complain about you taking my complaining away.
    On a bit of a tangent but this (survival) also nullifies the idea of the ghouls being "dumb fucks". It seems as if frankenstein was right. Any zombie can really do anything if they see another doing it first.

Couple that with what they clearly remember from their past lives and the only difference between them and us is putrification.

What we have seen suggests the potential is inate just waiting to be unlocked.

All this has been covered in the first trilogy. Bub, using tools (by that I mean guns), Stephen remembering, the ghouls returning to the mall because it's what they used to do, etc.

All this was fine in very conservative doses, as anomolies, but when it becomes the norm it becomes comical instead of scary, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"