Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When idiots DIE !!!

United States
    the screwdriver zombie was put in to fix a continuity error

roger has his coat around his waist in one scene and then he doesnt

romero had to show why he had no coat to make it fit

funny huh? a great scene like that was done so roger could take his coat off

and they romero has no sense of humor

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    the screwdriver zombie was put in to fix a continuity error

roger has his coat around his waist in one scene and then he doesnt

romero had to show why he had no coat to make it fit

funny huh? a great scene like that was done so roger could take his coat off

and they romero has no sense of humor
    LOL. i wouldn't think that gar would let a little thing like a disapearing sweater bring him down. There are like 2 other continuity problems in that film as well. I guess that one really stood out for him.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Yeah like when Stephen and Peter are locking the doors,
    there is this middle aged pudgy zombie banging on the door.
    When you look at a shot of Peter, that zombie is on Peter's
    right, and when another shot of Stephen is shown at the doors,
    there she is again on Stephen's left. How can she be at two
    places at once

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    also in the theatrical cut when peter takes the keys out of the jc peeny doors he throws them inside. In the next shot they're inexplicably in the door again.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Yeah that is a good one darth,
    heard about the one when Savini gets thrown from
    his bike by the zombie, he has newspaper tucked in the waist
    of his pants to break his fall so he wouldn't break his back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Yeah that is a good one darth,
    heard about the one when Savini gets thrown from
    his bike by the zombie, he has newspaper tucked in the waist
    of his pants to break his fall so he wouldn't break his back.
    Yep, i have heard that.

Another continuity error is one that i brought up the other day. When they seal the mall off and "go on a hunt" and exterminate the ghouls that are left in the mall the one who took roger's gun is in there. If they kill every ghoul in the mall then how is it possible that the same ghoul appears at the end of the film as well?

Canada
    Never really realized the one.

Two points for you

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Never really realized the one.

Two points for you
    Dawn is a movie that truly keeps on giving. You can't possibly absorb everything that film has to offer in just a couple of viewings. That's why it's good to discuss it amongst ourselves. People bring up things that i hadn't noticed before all the time and i've been watching it for 17 years!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We used to have Scenario discussions like these all the time. ( what happened to that by the way?) Anyway there are a bunch of new members here now since this was last posted. I'd like to see what their thoughts on it are.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    One reason why the zombie might have waited for roger is because he's dead and his reflexes were slow. Perhaps he meant to jump out at the first one but that whole being dead thing slowed down his reaction time.
    I've always been bothered by screwdriver zombie. He wasn't slow. He leapt out and tackled Roger who was in a full run.

The most disturbing aspect of screwdriver zombie was how he seemed to be pretending to be a store manikin. It was a clever scheme to trap some food.

It's interesting to know that it was an add-on to fix the continuity error.

In the arena of a zombie ignoring obvious food you have to add the Hare Krishna zombie. He turned away from Stephen and Peter to go explore the hallway and stairwell. It led to one of the most intense scenes in the movie but it took a behavior/plot inconsistency to do it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    In the arena of a zombie ignoring obvious food you have to add the Hare Krishna zombie. He turned away from Stephen and Peter to go explore the hallway and stairwell. It led to one of the most intense scenes in the movie but it took a behavior/plot inconsistency to do it.
    I'm not so sure about that. Peter and Stephen had already run off and were well out of sight before that zombie turned around and headed for the stairway.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    This raises two questions.

1. Who the hell is gonna board themselves in with a room full of zombies or even have the time to do so?
    2. With a well placed punch, the average man could quite easily put his fist through a door. I think 30 zombies could pretty much obliterate it!
    1. There could have been normal people boarding themselves in the room for safety. One (or more) of them happens to be bit and doesn't tell anyone. They turn into zombies. Everyone in the room dies. The whole room has zombies trapped in it, now.

2. A well placed PUNCH. I can't recall a zombie punching at a door in any of GAR's movies. They usually just basically lean into it and claw at it. A door would definitely hold a group of people leaning against it like that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I've always been bothered by screwdriver zombie. He wasn't slow. He leapt out and tackled Roger who was in a full run.

The most disturbing aspect of screwdriver zombie was how he seemed to be pretending to be a store manikin. It was a clever scheme to trap some food.

It's interesting to know that it was an add-on to fix the continuity error.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Peter and Stephen had already run off and were well out of sight before that zombie turned around and headed for the stairway.

Well, There no doubt that there had to be some spark of intelligence present in order for the Krishna zombie to do that. Perhaps he figured that the way way Peter and stephen were hauling ass there was no way to catch up with them so he decided to go to the "source".

I agree that a ghoul just standing there motionless waiting to snare his meal as if he were a venus fly trap is far fetched but we all know why it was done.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yep, i have heard that.

Another continuity error is one that i brought up the other day. When they seal the mall off and "go on a hunt" and exterminate the ghouls that are left in the mall the one who took roger's gun is in there. If they kill every ghoul in the mall then how is it possible that the same ghoul appears at the end of the film as well?
    those ghouls were lucky enough to get out of the mall while Roger and Peter were locking everything down. Yeah, I know it's funny that all the principle zombies got out, but there is a shot where Clayton, Sharon and M-16 zombie are outside of the mall, hissing at the trucks as the whiz by.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."