Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix: Instant Queue

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No, this one didn't have any zombies. It was a VERY crappy werewolf flick.

Some bits:

United States
    I just watched Bob the Butler with Tom Green.
    Beautiful movie. I had a tear at the end.
    A+.

United States
    Werewolf is indeed an amazing episode. Check out "Soultaker" for more cheesy Joe Estevez goodness.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Netflix has now changed their plans yet again.

Following the elimination of its $9.99 per month fee for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVD rentals in July, Netflix has introduced a new restriction for its subscribers - one stream per subscriber. This means that sharing will no longer be possible and streaming customers will have to watch one show at a time - unless they pay more.

Customers interested in watching more than one show at the same time will have to upgrade accordingly - to two-disc plan/two streams, three-disc plan/three streams, etc.

Currently, the two discs out at a time plan is $19.98 per month, the three discs out at a time plan is $23.98, while the four discs out at a time plan is $29.98.

The new restriction was introduced during the Labor Day Weekend
    This really sucks as the wife and I sometimes like to watch different titles in different rooms. You just keep digging your grave netflix....
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Sep-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Netflix has now changed their plans yet again
    To quote Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China: "Now this REALLY pisses me off to no end!"

Yeah, digging their grave is exactly what they're doing.

Oh, and bass, I meant was Zombie Town that zombie one I saw, not Werewolf. I think I quoted you by accident, but was meaning to quote someone else.

*smacks self on forehead for being stupid, as usual*
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Sep-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    boris karloff's thriller is available in its entirety on netflix now.

sugar hill - AIP voodoo zombie flick w/ robert quarry and marki bey.

theatre of blood - vincent price dispatches critics in the manner of shakespeare.

the expendables - what a ridiculously entertaining and mindless fucking film this is. i'd never even heard of this thing before but when i saw the cast: sylvester stallone, jason statham, jet li, dolph lundgren, mickey rourke, eric roberts, steve austin, and appearances by bruce willis and arnold, it promised so much over the top violence that i just had to watch it. i wasn't disappointed either.

if anyone is interested in seeing perhaps the most asinine movie ever made, i bring you Moby Dick: 2012 staring barry bostwick and renee o'connor.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ....even more changes from Netflix

In a post on The Netflix Blog that went up Sunday night, the company's CEO, Reed Hastings, announced that Netflix would split its DVD-by-mail service and its streaming-video service into two companies. The new DVD-only company, called "Qwikster," will be completely separate from the streaming business. Hastings also expressed contrition for the way the company rolled out its recent price hike, which alienated many customers.
    A personal apology:

I'm actually okay with this. I only want the streaming service. I don't really care for the disc delivery. Although the game disc delivery would be kinda nice...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Sep-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I don't think he's sorry at all...
    Kinda smug looking.
    I wanna see tears.

United States
    Lo - Lovelorn Justin (Ward Roberts) sees his life change for the better when quirky April (Sarah Lassez) lands in the middle of it. When she's abruptly kidnapped by a band of demons, Justin sets out to rescue her, with the help of the hellion Lo (Jeremiah Birkett), who has an agenda of his own. Hell, musical demons and oversized rats complicate the path to love in writer-director Travis Betz's horror-comedy hybrid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047490/
    Great Flick! I had concerns about it at first because it appears to be a little low budget but the story held my attention the entire time and I finish the movie glad I decided to watch it. It has a little bit of everything....Drama...Comedy...Horror.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 22-Sep-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In the spirit of the Halloween season that has now officially arrived IMO, I have to recommend a documentary I just finished called "Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film".

A very entertaining documentary featuring interviews with most of the horror film legends. Romero, Carpenter, Dante, Barker, Corman, etc. Narrated by the always cool Lance Henriksen. 5/5
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Sep-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I watched some Conan O'Brien documentary from when he got offed from the Tonight Show up until he got to TBS. It followed him during his comedy tour. Not bad, but he's even uglier without make up...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I watched some Conan O'Brien documentary from when he got offed from the Tonight Show up until he got to TBS. It followed him during his comedy tour. Not bad, but he's even uglier without make up...
    Not sure about the ugly thing, but I too loved that documentary. It's called "Conan Obrien Can't Stop".

Conan is the only late night host that can keep me entertained and laughing. The rest are just tired and need to retire. Conan is the King.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Conan is the King.
    Sorry, I've been a Dave man since the beginning. I used to think of Conan like I do Jimmy Fallon now, but not as much. I hated him, but Andy was always funny as hell. Cabin Boy like a mofo!!!
    Then I saw Fallon, and it made me appreciate Conan alot more.
    Conan sometimes goes overboard with his energy and fails, but he's a million times better than his idiotic replacement. I also think he should stick with the beard, made him look less freakish. More salty sea captainish...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree with your opinion on Fallon. I try to be nice, but I would LOVE to stab that guy in the heart.

I just don't like Fallon and his giggling shtick.

I used to watch Leno followed by Obrien, but Letterman never did anything for me. He just makes basic facts followed by his musician going "ehhhhh" or some such. Conan is the only one that can make an actual joke.

United States
    Eff that. I want Johnny followed by Dave again. Those were the days. Dave's always been a bit drier/sarcastic, Conan is a dancing clown too often for me. He misses as much as hits the target in my book.
    He was also kind of crabby/moody in that documentary sometimes, which surprised me since he's usually bouncing off the walls. Wonder if he was doing that chick assistant, she wasn't half bad. She got a heckuva lot more screen time than, sayyyy, his wife. Just saying...
    I also love it when Dave, on his show, only referred to Fallon as "that Lonnie Donegan guy" when he took over for Conan. That show has never been funny. I've tried to watch it, I just can't bear to. It sucks that bad.