Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Segway company owner dies riding Segway off cliff?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Lou's writing screenplays for the lurkers to steal, again!
    Shhhhh! Keep that on the down-low, will ya?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Isn't that ironic? Doncha think?

Like raaaiinnnnnnnnn on your wedding dayyyyyyyyyy
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy shit. Never thought I would see an Alanis Morisette sing along on HPotD.

United States
    Dj needs to be shot for that reference.

Dj, you get this guy: for referencing that greasy douchebag Morisette in a thread I'm reading!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great song from the 90's tho.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    this is exactly what I mean
    none of that song is ironic, just coincidental
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Although its quite comical that the poor guy died on a Segway & probably earns him a darwin award, he was actually a really decent bloke by all accounts, he's donated millions to the "help for heroes" charity that helps maimed soldiers coming back from Afghanistan, as well as creating a blast shield that is used by both US & UK forces over there. Shame really!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So the rich people like it because it lets everyone else know they're filthy rich.....while you guys make fun of them because you're NOT filthy rich?

:Approves this message.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    yeah if you make the list you're held in quite high regard - or just regarded as a rich bastard.

Its kinda our way of looking at a list of people and branding them all cunts for the sake of it - but hey at least we have a reason.
    In the USA, we just have the "Sunday Funnies."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    none of that song is ironic, just coincidental
    Depends on whether you mean "ironic" as used by literature professors or the typical English speaker. The song is ironic according to common usage.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Depends on whether you mean "ironic" as used by literature professors or the typical English speaker. The song is ironic according to common usage.
    Agreed.

When most of the typical population uses the term ironic they mean it to say: "WOW, now ain't that some shit".

Like say a guy who picks peaches for a living dies by choking on the pit. Most would say that's ironic.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    The meaning of irony has been marginalized through common usage (such as that retarded Alanis Morisette song) same as the definition of tragedy. A steel girder falling and killing a construction worker is not a tragedy -- it's a freak mishap or a fatal accident.

"Two thousands spoons when all you need is a knife" is no more ironic than the owner of a scooter company driving one off a cliff to his death; nor is the latter example a tragedy.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 29-Sep-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Is it ironic that I knew on the internet people would quibble over my use of the word? I almost didn't use the word in my original post because of it.

Damn my hubris! Hmmm, misused that one too.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is it ironic that I knew on the internet people would quibble over my use of the word?

Undisclosed
    Is it ironic that I knew on the internet people would quibble over my use of the word?
    What are "internet people"?