Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip jars... in some odd places... would you tip for this?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    dude, some poor people got more than me. they get breaks just cuz they're "poor". in town they can get an apartment for $50 a month, the same apartment runs me $500
    Don't I know it. I was out on my luck a few years back and had 0 money because of crippling debt. I mean I really did myself in with college loans, I was like 20 or 30K in the hole and my job was crap, but i couldn't leave it because it was a stepping stone at the time. I applied for medical assistance to have my wisdom teeth pulled as they were in great pain (3 impacted). Well I was declined because they said I had too much access. Heh. I ended up just saving up a couple grand to pay myself. I think I went through a case of aspirin that few months.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's exactly what i mean. These same poor are also always complaining about their situation instead of getting off their asses and bettering themselves. They don't appreciate how good they really have it compared to the rest of the worlds poor, hell middle class for that matter. You go to the averege person who recieve's public assistance home and they live better than most other countries middle class. You see people on welfare with cell phones computers, expensive sneakers. No wonder illegals want to sneak in here and reap the benefits.
    my god you speak the truth. i worked in retail for years and you'd see all these damn people shopping with food stamps and leaving in an SUV with $6,000 a piece rims and they have the nerve to complain about the price of something. give me like $3,000 a month in freee food and i'd complain not once. they dont work either, they make it a career and its like passed down to the next generation. or they get mad when they cant buy soda cuz its a sugar tax here

Banned User

Undisclosed
    That's exactly what i mean. These same poor are also always complaining about their situation instead of getting off their asses and bettering themselves. They don't appreciate how good they really have it compared to the rest of the worlds poor, hell middle class for that matter. You go to the averege person who recieve's public assistance home and they live better than most other countries middle class. You see people on welfare with cell phones computers, expensive sneakers. No wonder illegals want to sneak in here and reap the benefits.
    I dont understand how people can be poor and remain poor in this country. Let alone homeless unless they are crazy or paralyzed or whatever. I mean if you cant make it here, WHERE THE HELL ELSE CAN YOU MAKE IT? I spent a few years scraping by, but it was temporary as i was paying off debts and positioning myself into better jobs and career switches. Now things are going better. If I can come from a ghetto with NOTHING and catch ZERO breaks for school etc then why cant these other bastards?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Don't I know it. I was out on my luck a few years back and had 0 money because of crippling debt. I mean I really did myself in with college loans, I was like 20 or 30K in the hole and my job was crap, but i couldn't leave it because it was a stepping stone at the time. I applied for medical assistance to have my wisdom teeth pulled as they were in great pain (3 impacted). Well I was declined because they said I had too much access. Heh. I ended up just saving up a couple grand to pay myself. I think I went through a case of aspirin that few months.

It's gotten to the point where you can't even be in the middle class in this country antmore. You either have to be rich enough to cover medical expenses, etc. yourself, or be poor enough so that the gov't takes care of all that stuff for you. The middle class really gets shafted and that's why it's disapearing.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    damn,bro. im at zero money right now,it hurts but im not in debt. cant get a damn job though,tried. went and filled out applications,went to job placement services but it doesnt work if u arent a freakin dumbass who cant tie their own shoes

I dont understand how people can be poor and remain poor in this country. Let alone homeless unless they are crazy or paralyzed or whatever. I mean if you cant make it here, WHERE THE HELL ELSE CAN YOU MAKE IT? I spent a few years scraping by, but it was temporary as i was paying off debts and positioning myself into better jobs and career switches. Now things are going better. If I can come from a ghetto with NOTHING and catch ZERO breaks for school etc then why cant these other bastards?
    i did the same thing bro. south central los angeles is where i came from. nothing was guaranteed.
    Last edited by acealive1; 11-Jul-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    damn,bro. im at zero money right now,it hurts but im not in debt. cant get a damn job though,tried. went and filled out applications,went to job placement services but it doesnt work if u arent a freakin dumbass who cant tie their own shoes
    Don't you just love how the bush administration swaers that the economy is just dandy? The economy is great for the richest americans. For those of us that don't follow nasdaq it sucks. We live in the real world and i agree it's hard to get a decent job. You have to know somebody nowdays just to get a job a the mall for pete's sake.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned User

Undisclosed

i did the same thing bro. south central los angeles is where i came from. nothing was guaranteed.
    Just keep hitting the apps. Youll get something sooner or later it took me some time to. Also consider opening up your own business. Find something your good at and start capitalizing on it big time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well in my case im good at making stupid jokes adn not much else, so im screwed.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    yea i've done a lil "computer related business" recently

Don't you just love how the bush administration swaers that the economy is just dandy? The economy is great for the richest americans. For those of us that don't follow nasdaq it sucks. We live in the real world and i agree it's hard to get a decent job. You have to know somebody nowdays just to get a job a the mall for pete's sake.

its great for the rich people and the dumb poor ones who swear everything is cool. driving a buick 88 with a bush sticker is sheer irony to me when i see it
    Last edited by acealive1; 11-Jul-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i think some things over in the u.s just go over-****ing-board, like as well as a waiter some u.s resurants do this "comfort technitian" or some **** were they arrive, say they refil you rink or something ,tell you that means you should leave a tip then piss off adn you dont see them again.

freind of mine who was on holiday in new engladn left a note saying "get a real ****ing job, theresa tip".

granted its probably been done dozens of times before but its still funny as fook.
    Uh, how is treating somelike like a slave funny?

Word to the wise.
    AS a waiter certain people have a reputation as being crap tipper, namely Europenas. They demand a lot and then tip nothing. I used to get like 2,3 bucks an hour and after a while I just ignored them becasue they NEVER tip. Its a custon here and if you dont like it DONT VISIT THE US.

Youre friend is a MEGA asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Its true when you over tip it can bite you in the ass. After a point the service starts to slack
    NO WAY. Pay me more I give you more. hats the way it works. And I dont call it overtipping, its big tipping. Its the code of the waiter/Bartender.

ohh ok.it must be just in ohio then. they have to be on payroll here but at crappy pay per hour
    Naw dude, thats what he was saying. You get a miserable hourly and your actual pay is the tips. If noone tips you make 15 bucks for a whole day.

You see people on welfare with cell phones computers, expensive sneakers. No wonder illegals want to sneak in here and reap the benefits.
    Thats from extracurricular activities like selling dope. You dont get much at all from welfare barely subsistence. And I wouldnt want to see a 50 dollar apt. It must be in sh*tsville.
    Illegals CANT get welfare or medicaid or any bennys in NY dude unless they get pregnant. That is a misconception.
    Last edited by coma; 11-Jul-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    well in my case im good at making stupid jokes adn not much else, so im screwed.
    I wouldn't say that. I'm sure there's a market for your talents somewhere. You're still young there's plenty of time to figure out what you want to do. Just enjoy life while you can.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

Word to the wise.
    AS a waiter certain people have a reputation as being crap tipper, namely Europenas. They demand a lot and then tip nothing. I used to get like 2,3 bucks an hour and after a while I just ignored them becasue they NEVER tip. Its a custon here and if you dont like it DONT VISIT THE US.

NO WAY. Pay me more I give you more. hats the way it works. And I dont call it overtipping, its big tipping. Its the code of the waiter/Bartender.

Naw dude, thats what he was saying. You get a miserable hourly and your actual pay is the tips. If noone tips you make 15 bucks for a whole day.

Thats from extracurricular activities like selling dope. You dont get much at all from welfare barely subsistence. And I wouldnt want to see a 50 dollar apt. It must be in sh*tsville.
    Illegals CANT get welfare or medicaid or any bennys in NY dude unless they get pregnant. That is a misconception.
    well I think its cheating the owner of a bar by giving big tippers more... its like hooking your friends up when they come in... its wrong

and Canadiens are also bad tippers because in Canada the waiters and bartenders get min wage or better... same in Europe... they prolly just dont know any better ... like when a person goes into a restaurant with an Entertainment card that knocks off an entree and they tip you on the reduced total... they dont realize you're tipping out on the whole total
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

Word to the wise.

wow ,just blew right over your head huh?
    SHE WASNT A WAITER!, i said that, as well as them being serves food by a waiter, who they did tip, she just showed up callign herself a "comfort techniction" asked for them to leave her a tip and was never seen again.

thanks for reading the whole paragraph before being oh so witty

United States
    wow ,just blew right over your head huh?
    SHE WASNT A WAITER!, i said that, as well as them being serves food by a waiter, who they did tip, she just showed up callign herself a "comfort techniction" asked for them to leave her a tip and was never seen again.

thanks for reading the whole paragraph before being oh so witty
    What you wrote barely made sense so I figured you meant a waiter or a kind of busboy with a different title. Dont blame me for a bunch of these asterisks*** and mangled English dude. And I still don't see how that was funny anyway because I have actually had jobs (period) and ones where you have to ask for embarrassing ****.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    well I think its cheating the owner of a bar by giving big tippers more... its like hooking your friends up when they come in... its wrong
    I meant extra service not free stuff. Like a faster response though I work hard anyway but when you stiff me youre getting ignored. And I could have given 2 sh*ts about the gangster exploitive bosses I worked for anyway for the most part.
    I dont think hooking your friends up a little bit is wrong. Its part of the perks of having such a crap job in the first place.

I would never tip in a Doctors offic. Thats TACKY. I have never seen that and I cant imagine why you would. The Tip jar thing is getting nuts. Theres a tip cup everywhere now.

EDIT;
    Y'know Hellsing that post reminded me of all the times I got stiffed and burned and crapped on by strangers at jobs like that. It can really scar you brain after years of that kind of stuff. What can I say, Im sensitive.***sniff**. I dont know about that case but I have actually been instructed to say tacky stuff and if you think your going to get stiffed you might say something, though I usually took my chances because you can look really stupid doing that stuff.
    Last edited by coma; 11-Jul-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    13% of the bill. thats what I always do