Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 Impressions--Hands-On With Hard Rain Campaign

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Brett, when you get the game mail me and we'll fuck some shit up.
    Hopefully tomorrow, mofo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow, mofo.

WTF man!?! Can I get down on this? I'm sure andy will play as well.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    fuck yes, the hpotd crew is gonna molest the heads of some other not cool lads.

Seriously, that damn Jockey is my favourite new infected, and Ellis is God tier level. That kid makes me laugh whenever he tells one of his stories about him and his friend Keith.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    fuck yes, the hpotd crew is gonna molest the heads of some other not cool lads.

Seriously, that damn Jockey is my favourite new infected, and Ellis is God tier level. That kid makes me laugh whenever he tells one of his stories about him and his friend Keith.
    I'll be on tonight if you wanna join me. We're on each other's friend's list so just hop right in.

Yeah, that tunnel of love story about his friend drowning in about 8 inches of water had me rolling.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    "Did I ever tell y'all about the time me and Keith made bumper cars out of lawn mowers? heheh, lawn mower blade cuts over 90% of his body. No, I never hit him or anything, it just sorta happened and-"

"Now is not the time Ellis"

"Okay"

"well, you got your wish Ellis, we're in an amusement park ride"

"Now Nick, this isn't that sort of ride (whispers) This is where you come to make out with your girlfriend"

Oh God how I lol'd.

* My buddy Keith lived in a graveyard for a whole year -- it wasn't a dare or nothin', he just got kicked out of his house. He said he NEVER saw a single ghost except for this one time when a ghost stabbed him from behind and took all his money and he might've just been a homeless guy cuz he had a robe on with two eyes cut out his face.
    * My buddy Keith tried camping out on top of a building once. He was shooting crows but the police were too busy tear gassin' him to ask what he was doin' there. He screamed for an entire year every single time when he opened his eyes! Oh man! At first it was funny, then it just got sad, but then it got funny again. Oh man!
    Last edited by mista_mo; 19-Nov-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Valve Secretly Launches Midnight Riders Website -- Left 4 Dead 2 DLC?

United States
    "

* My buddy Keith lived in a graveyard for a whole year -- it wasn't a dare or nothin', he just got kicked out of his house. He said he NEVER saw a single ghost except for this one time when a ghost stabbed him from behind and took all his money and he might've just been a homeless guy cuz he had a robe on with two eyes cut out his face.
    * My buddy Keith tried camping out on top of a building once. He was shooting crows but the police were too busy tear gassin' him to ask what he was doin' there. He screamed for an entire year every single time when he opened his eyes! Oh man! At first it was funny, then it just got sad, but then it got funny again. Oh man!
    Haha yes, Ellis is the man! I was at the halfway point of Hard Rain when he said, "This one time I was fighting my way from the roof of a burning building, killin' rampaging zombies all the way down....wait, that was with you guys, wasn't it? Oh man, I can't wait to tell Keith about that one!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ellis and coach seem to be the only ones with personality.

Not for nothing but i miss the original four. I wish that there was some way to incorporate them into the new game.

I just had a thought !!

Anyone notice that in the crash course saferoom there are only two areas still, for lack of a better term, "functioning", Pensylvania and Louisiana. There was an arrow connecting the two. It would make sense that a future DLC pack would have the 2 bands of survivors meet at some point!!

Remember, you heard it here first folks !!

capncnut
    Got the game today so I will give it my little solo playthrough and, with a bit of luck, I'll be up for a sesh later tonight, peeps.

Canada
    I always feel bad when Ellis dies..or when I have to kill him when I play vs. That fucking kid is my favourite character in either of the games. I really don't understand how people can not like him, it just does not compute.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    getting this in a bit, every review has said its harder, and ign says "expert now requires military teamwork and precision" your gonna have to train yourselves like a goddamn bale' to get those achievements.

-one thing that i know will piss people off: in versus its possible for all 4 infected players to spawn as a jockey. ive already seen this lead to cheap as hell wins, like in the hotel when your on a higher level all 4 players are jumped in a corridor and led out the floor to roof Windows to there deaths from a fall.

NOT.COOL.

-unless your the jockeys, but from a gameplay standpoint thats really broken in terms of balancing.

Canada
    Jockeys are a big pain in the ass. 325 health, a tiny tiny tiny target, can jump like mother fuckers, and the laughing..oh man, it is enough to stop a lot of people in their tracks.

The charger is just plain fun, even if eh is difficult to handle. Bowling survivors offa the bridge in the finally of the parish is totally fun though, even if you go with them.

Spitter is my favourite though. Terrifying looking model, and the thing is just way to fun to play as.

I love being the tank though, especially when you can punch survivors off of ledges and into deep water, killing them pretty instantly. I think I am gonna go back and play vs weeeeee.

Also, if you are going to play vs, for the love of God, play with people you know, and actually talk.

United States
    Yeah, it's definitely harder than the first game. The more open map design and new special infected really nullify a lot of the camping techniques used in the original. I used to have no problem blasting through the game on Advanced or Expert, but I had to bump it down to Normal in L4D2 just so I could progress and learn the maps.

Also, the Midnight Riders site has seen a huge update, with fake blogs, character profiles, etc. You can even buy a MR shirt from the Valve store. I noticed that in the game, the posters showing the tour dates are largely the same, except on the website there's an extra date in Cleveland on October 31st, hmm...
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 21-Nov-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

Also, the Midnight Riders site has seen a huge update, with fake blogs, character profiles, etc. You can even buy a MR shirt from the Valve store. I noticed that in the game, the posters showing the tour dates are largely the same, except on the website there's an extra date in Cleveland on October 31st, hmm...
    there doing tons of stuff like that, for example i added a friend on facebook today named ellis who says he met these 3 nice folks named rochelle nick and coach

capncnut
    So far LOVING IT!!! Did the first two campaigns late last night (the concert section on Dark Carnival is fucking legendary btw) and I'm going to finish the rest of it in the next hour or two.

I'm defo up for a sesh tonight so if you see me on, buzz me.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I loved the writing on the wall at the backstage area.

Something along the lines of:

Love you Midnight Riders!
    RIP. Gone and not forgotten.
    They got me through a lot of bad times. They will be missed.

Then underneath is a note about how they were choppered out after the gig:

Sellouts!
    Cowardly bastards!
    They get choppered out past the front line 'cos they got money?