Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Else Finished It On Legendary?!?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I didn't enjoy killing spark he was my favorite minor character.
    Yeah, that was a bummer.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, that was a bummer.
    Anybody disappointed by the lack of anything like Hunters, for example.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think i ran into 2 over the course of the game, and why theyd switched sides again ,as had the grunts, is beyond me.

capncnut
    Yeah, there are only 4 hunters in total. Still, it was great when the one who was on your side got infected by the Flood and started battering the granny out of stuff.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i died a few times just becuase i was watching the flood mutate from juggernaut to drone to cannon or infect and raise a corpse.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i died a few times just becuase i was watching the flood mutate from juggernaut to drone to cannon or infect and raise a corpse.
    Yeah, that s**t was very, very cool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thing is i posted a 'tube vid on here a month back that had footage of your men being infected adn mutated whislt they were still alive, whilst im glad i didnt have to deal with that on legendary i dont recall that ever happening.

though the campign did feel tacked on, halo 3 was mroe a game sold for multiplayer i recon, i mean the new vehicles are only used for about 5 mins, remember in halo 2 when you use a ghsot, a warthog, a banshee AND a freakin' tank to go acros the beaches adn motorway of new mombasa?
    y'all can say what you want but halo 2 rocked way mroe than halo 3 in my worthless opinion.

capncnut
    y'all can say what you want but halo 2 rocked way mroe than halo 3 in my worthless opinion.
    Halo 2 is the worst entry IMO. It's all about the first Halo.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I definitely have to disagree with that. Halo 3 is WAY better than 2, imo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude, you think halo 2 is worse than halo 3?

why? what merits do you think halo 3 has? not only was it way shorter but the plot was less defined and it answered no questions and just raised more, plus it screwed with the story of 2. halo 3 was an allright shooter but nowere near as good as halo 2 on a proffesional level, the plot of halo 2 was more thought out, the locations were more varied, as was the way you played and it was much less a one man war deal as on legendary you actually relied on the squad of unsc troops that whent on missions with you.

id go so fr as to almost use the phrase "for the win" to describe halo 2. almost.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I definitely have to disagree with that. Halo 3 is WAY better than 2, imo.
    Yeah I agree, the maps are far better (except for that s**ty Gravemind one) and there doesn't seem to be as much copy and paste as there was with the first two. Halo 3 is far better than Halo 2 but I don't think it's as good as the first one. The balance was perfect with that game.

what merits do you think halo 3 has? not only was it way shorter but the plot was less defined and it answered no questions and just raised more, plus it screwed with the story of 2.
    Yeah but there's a book that bridges the story between 2 and 3. Also, as much as I love a good plot, it don't necessarily make a game any better. Plus Halo 3's conciseness is a prime example of quality over quantity.

United States
    Yeah, there are only 4 hunters in total. Still, it was great when the one who was on your side got infected by the Flood and started battering the granny out of stuff.
    Actually 6 hunters and the gap between Halo 2 and 3 is explained in the new comic series Halo uprising. 1 issue is out currently.

capncnut
    Where were the other two Hunters then?

United States
    Where were the other two Hunters then?
    There are 2 when you land on the Ark, you know when a marine says "Look up at the sky is that"! but then the other marine interrupts him? Well not specifically that part you do have to go through some enemies before you meet them. then 2 when your on your way to turn off that big gun thingy.....You know that AC Gun was it?......The last 2 well....It depends if you kill them. You know the part when you have to secure a LZ for the Dawn? The Dawn lends you three Scorpion tanks and a Warthog if I'm correct? Well you have to go back through that cave you went before, you know the one right? Well Hunters come out of it. But since there are 3 Scorpion tanks maybe you didn't notice since the marines killed them before you did.
    Last edited by Doc; 01-Nov-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Canada
    The Game was sold to finish the story, not for multplayer.