Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Incredible Hulk... Looks poor...

capncnut
    I thought the trailer looked alright, as it happens. Wasn't mad on the first film but hey, we're talking quick popcorn injections here.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I thought the trailer looked alright, as it happens. Wasn't mad on the first film but hey, we're talking quick popcorn injections here.
    Judging by the reviews i've seen...if you enjoyed the popcorn fun of Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk won't let you down.

I was actually surprised by the amount of praise that Iron Man got. It was a good, one time entertaining summer flick, but most people were hailing it as the greatest superhero film ever. Not even close, imho.

I'm putting my money down that The Dark Knight will totally smash(pun intended) Hulk and Iron Man next month.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    SRP - I have a bit of a soft spot for the old Hulk TV show, but in the comics, isn't hulk supposed to be huge? About 12 feet tall or something. CGI is pretty much the only way they could accomplish that.
    Depends which Hulk you want. The original Hulk wasn't a "Hulk" at all. He was more a Mr. Hyde character.

It also depends which artist is drawing him. He ranges from just about head-and-shoulders taller than Wolverine (who isn't exactly a giant) to the size of an aircraft carrier.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Depends which Hulk you want. The original Hulk wasn't a "Hulk" at all. He was more a Mr. Hyde character.

Really now? I present the cover of Hulk#1 . . . obvious size growth. Just not so green.

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Positive review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37043
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    So i literally just finished watching it and i can say its a great flick, on par with iron man, its got a better plot than iron man, but iron mans got better acting in it, robert downey junior IS tony stark on screen, yet this aint banner, its the dude form fight club.
    theres more references than there was in any spidey movie, Lou ferigno (of course), the purple pants and ,most surprisingly, when hes walking down a dirt road that "du-da-du-du" theme form the old series plays.
    all in all its great action and fits as much hulk mythos in one movie as spiderman 3, but does it in a coherent way thats actually relevant to one narrative.
    if you've enjoyed all the other marvel movies youll dig this one, and i was surprised that i found it better than the first one, worth checking out if your a hulk fan, HULK SMASH!...sorry, had to be said.

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow!

Okay, I'll give it a shot, providing I can find someone to go with.

Thanks for a quick and dirty report back on the movie, Hells! It definitely makes a difference with my confidence level on going to see this.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Funny that a rampaging monster in Harlem wasn't enough to draw out the Fantastic Four or Spiderman.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^more like there budgets, i allwasy wondered though why you never, in the sandbox spiderman games, saw any other heros just fly past as easter eggs, that be bitchin'

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ^more like there budgets, i always wondered though why you never, in the sandbox spiderman games, saw any other heros just fly past as easter eggs, that be bitchin'
    While not the same as the movies there were a couple of Ultimate heroes in Ultimate Spiderman and I think we'll have alot of cameos in the forthcoming Spiderman Web of Shadows which is based on the comics.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...21&mode=recent

Thinking back to the Hulk film, I wonder if the moves he did like sonic clap and the fists he made from the police car are moves he does in the comics or taken directly from the 2005 game Ultimate Destruction.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Thinking back to the Hulk film, I wonder if the moves he did like sonic clap and the fists he made from the police car are moves he does in the comics or taken directly from the 2005 game Ultimate Destruction.
    A sonic, or shock wave inducing clap is a move that the various versions of Hulk have done over the years. Definitely.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 16-Jun-2008 at 03:30 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    As was the ground punch thing.

Great movie by the way. Enjoyable all the way through. I did notice that this hulk was quite a bit more vulnerable that the previous movie hulk or the later comic hulk. Not nearly as powerful, and destructive. But the action in this one was way better.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."