Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Todd to star in GAR sequel to dawn?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Wait. . .so they are making a sequel to GAR's Dawn? And without GAR or with him?

Won't this confuse the non-dead fans of GAR probably expecting a sequel to the crappy remake?

I have always wished for a true sequel to DAWN but with Romero on board of course. I just don't understand why they did a stupid remake that ruined DAWN's name with stupid characters, fast zombies, and no moral story. But now they are going to make a sequel to the original? I'm confused. . . .

Undisclosed

What are the odds...

Ving Raimes will play a soldier in it?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvc2h5oh View Post
    Ving Raimes will play a soldier in it?
    It wouldn't surprise me.

Undisclosed
    http://http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227143/

Escape of the Living Dead.......in case the link doesn't work.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, Escape of the Living Dead has a suitably sh1tty ring to it...

But, hey, who knows, right? But, yeah, it'll almost certainly suck.

Then again (and I know I keep waffling on the topic), I'm just happy zombie movies are still being made. We have to get as much out of the trend while we can till it cycles down. Yes, the horrific quality of some (*cough* most *cough) of the movies will eventually play a role in the trend dying off, but we might as well make hay while the sun shines and see if any of it can get spun into gold.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGuyX View Post
    The hell? You skip over all of Fran's parts in the original DotD?
    My bad.

Obviously there was the mini flyboy in the original, but i presumed that this movie would be set years, as in about thirty years, after Dawn, what with the original actors having aged about thirty years or so since Dawn.

Thus Fran would no longer have been pregnant and mini flyboy would actually be an adult.

Furthermore, i have no genuine interest in this movie as it will most likely be made simply to generate money and will in turn be nothing more than a movie for the sake of making a movie. Unless as i originally stated, the original actors could be convinced to sign up for this movie, and George was running the ship.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    with john russo at the helm, it is a safe bet that this movie will suck all known donkey balls.

there seems to be some confusion out there in medialand as to whether this is a sequel to dawn or is an "official" follow-up to night. since russo is involved, i am betting this has more to do with night than dawn.

here is an imdb link for this soon to be hatched atrocity:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227143/

We caught wind this evening of a pretty interesting horror project from Monterrey Picture Entertainment entitled Escape of the Living Dead. John Russo, co-creator of Night Of The Living Dead, wrote the script and is attached to direct the official sequel to Romero's classic '68 zombie flick. Joe Majestic, Sam Sherman will co-produce with Russ Streiner, producer of the original Notld. The official sequel will star Tony Todd (Candy Man, Final Destination), Gunnar Hansen (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Amber Stevens and Kristina Klebe (Halloween). No other details were revealed. Watch this spot for more soon
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    This now a sequel to the original Night of the Living Dead, set in 1971?

Is this a rewrite of Children of the Living Dead?
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    If there is anyone that I feel can handle such a project and respect the source material, it's you. You know....as long as you don't make the dead run.
    If it is a sequel to the original DAWN.... they would be shambling. Like I said I want to keep the integrity of the original source film.

If it was a sequel to the remake, those mutherf*ckers would be supercharged.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Bassman!
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 30-May-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i hope he gets a HUGE starring role, he's more deserving than some of these new people who are thrust into zed films.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    They are making a real DAWN sequel without GAR? What the hell is wrong with Hollywood?

Well, maybe they watched his last two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I doubt Gaylen Ross could pull off being a pregnant woman at 58 - no matter how good she looks for her age.
    Now that would be sick. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Scanman22 View Post
    Wait. . .so they are making a sequel to GAR's Dawn? And without GAR or with him?

Won't this confuse the non-dead fans of GAR probably expecting a sequel to the crappy remake?

I have always wished for a true sequel to DAWN but with Romero on board of course. I just don't understand why they did a stupid remake that ruined DAWN's name with stupid characters, fast zombies, and no moral story. But now they are going to make a sequel to the original? I'm confused. . . .
    Dawn '04 was a really good movie. As for the moral to the story, stay alive. As for the zombies in Dawn '04 go they are REALLY scarry. While GAR's are more creepy. I think it was a nice take of the tired slow moving zombies. Very fast human Cujo's wanting to chase you down and eat you. That would get your blood going more than the zombies from the original Dawn. The effects were very well done as well. I own both movies and enjoy both very much.

After Diary I'd rather see the crew and cast from Dawn '04 come back and do this. Or maybe Tom Savini.
    Last edited by Redman6565; 31-May-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    dudes, once again - tony todd is NOT in a sequel to dawn. he is going to be in a john russo directed sequel to night called escape of the living dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227143/
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    (for the record, tony todd was an ace for notld90, supoib perfoimance)
    Testify!

TT is one of my all time favorite actors in a Zed flick, absolutely awesome.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    dudes, once again - tony todd is NOT in a sequel to dawn. he is going to be in a john russo directed sequel to night called escape of the living dead.
    Even worse! Hasn't Russo learned his lesson after Night 30 and Children Of?

England
    Somehow, I doubt I will be watching Escape of the Living Dead, not after seeing Children of the Living Dead.

Not unless it was on tv.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"