Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Krueger rumours...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The Halloween remake is proof of that.
    Which, imo, is better than the original.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Go read some comics and graphic novels and then try to say that.

As for krueger.....couldn't care any less. I've always thought the Nightmare films got more attention than they deserved, anyway...

I always thought that the first film was a good movie, not great. The concept was brilliant if not brilliantly executed, although compared to the slasher films of that era it was Gone With the Wind by comparison. The second and third were o.k. The ones after that were just silly. By the time He was killing people in nintendo games it had definitely jumped the shark.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I always thought that the first film was a good movie, not great. The concept was brilliant if not brilliantly executed, although compared to the slasher films of that era it was Gone With the Wind by comparison. The second and third were o.k. The ones after that were just silly. By the time He was killing people in nintendo games it had definitely jumped the shark.
    I don't think i've really seen any of the sequels. The original is okay, don't get me wrong. I just think it's given a bit more credit than it deserves. I feel the same about Halloween and Friday the 13th. These aren't bad films, but not as fantastic as people make them out to be, imo.

I once caught about 10-15 minutes of Freddy vs. Jason on the Scifi channel. Holy sh*t what a horrible piece of MTV dung that was....

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh god, FvJ was awful. All that nu-metal sh*te and mug-off-to-the-audience, self-aware-MTV-cock-chugging-garbage in the script.

Plus it was just SH*T.

Nightmare sequels beyond 3 were all dreadful, even 2 was pretty naff. Only 3 was any good, but even still it wasn't anything like as good as the first movie.

Friday 13th had far better sequels.

Halloween 1 and 2 were the best, 3 was actually a cool 80s spooky flick, but bugger all to do with Halloween, but it's actually an entertaining movie, quite enjoyable. Halloween 7 was limp, but far better than 4 through 6 which were awful ... oh and I enjoyed the remake. Not a patch on the original, but it goes into different territory and does it's own thing that's true-enough to the story of Halloween, rather than the plot of Halloween 1...even if the Haddonfield-today stuff was weak.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Halloween 1 and 2 were the best, 3 was actually a cool 80s spooky flick, but bugger all to do with Halloween, but it's actually an entertaining movie, quite enjoyable. Halloween 7 was limp, but far better than 4 through 6 which were awful ... oh and I enjoyed the remake. Not a patch on the original, but it goes into different territory and does it's own thing that's true-enough to the story of Halloween, rather than the plot of Halloween 1...even if the Haddonfield-today stuff was weak.

Wasn't it Carpenter's original intention to have sequels that have nothing to do with Myers/haddonfield and all that? That could have been cool...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    PLOT!?! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING PLOT!?!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Which, imo, is better than the original.

respect. . .dwindling. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

capncnut
    Wasn't it Carpenter's original intention to have sequels that have nothing to do with Myers/haddonfield and all that? That could have been cool...
    Yeah, Carpenter's idea was palm off the Halloween franchise to upcoming directors that wanted to make cool horror flicks to be released over the Halloween period. At the time, Michael Myers was dead, burned to death in a hospital and impossible to resurrect with any realism.

Undisclosed
    Did anyone ever see the Freddy parody off of Tiny Toons Adventures. I think he was called Freddy Cougar. He was a cougar that was pretty much Freddy. *L* Or the Groundskeeper Willie parody?

Super Moderator

UK
    Well Halloween 3 made sense, cos yeah indeed Carpenter had that idea going on.

But it's a bit odd to call it Halloween when the public identifies the title with the serial killer Michael Myers, so I think that was the problem there.

Otherwise though, I actually quite liked Halloween 3, it felt like old school, 1980's Carpenter. The synth music, the dark cinematography, Tom Atkins rocking up the screen etc.

It was a neat little story in itself as well.

capncnut
    I actually quite liked Halloween 3, it felt like old school, 1980's Carpenter. The synth music, the dark cinematography, Tom Atkins rocking up the screen etc.

It was a neat little story in itself as well.
    Let's not forget the Silver Shamrock theme. I was singing that tune for months when I first heard it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Let's not forget the Silver Shamrock theme. I was singing that tune for months when I first heard it.
    Ah you bastard! Now I've got that stuck in my noggin!

It was catchy though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Because our fond memories of good movies haven't been completely crushed yet.
    Well said!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I love the Silver Shamrock theme.My son sings it all the time.

United States

Friday 13th had far better sequels.

Meh...I never really liked F13th much....its nothing but, trashy exploitation......