Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

United States
    I just started playing this game,and I like it so far.I haven't had any problems with the controls yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh but you will dude, my key experience was that ****ing bit were you bring down the star destroyer, its not a cutscene, you've got to do it and you have to stop to fight a squadron of tie fighters every 30 seconds and all the while the ship re-rights itself and you start again..and again, and even when you - after 45 minutes- get the tie fighter destruction down to an art form the actual maneuvering of the ship uses a guide, light red, cant pull, youve gotta get it in the green for 10 seconds, by which time the tie fighters have probably shown up again, THEN finally can you start pulling, but then on the final pull the green never appears. even the directions you are given are incorrect, youve just gotta guess how you think it should as the game is no help whatsoever.

hands down the worst part, even worse than fighting 20 storm troopers backed up by 5 purge troopers and 2 at-st's and then being hit by one ****ing sniper bullet adn then you are blown off the stage into "oblivion" 5 feet down on a ledge outside the play area.

United States
    I found the game buggy, frustrating, but it still manages to be enjoyable.

There were a few instances in the sarlacs stomach for instance that I was blown from it's gastric winds through the wall about four times in a row. I fell through floors a lot into infinity.

The controls are a bit iffy as you learn more advanced skills. I often focused on a new power and forgot one in the process, only to relearn by accident in a later fight.

The force immune imperials don't make that much sense to me, but I guess in order to make the game fun you had to add them in. Otherwise you could just force lightning everything to death.

mmm lightning

I was impressed with the difficulty of the game, I was often pissed at the game not for the bugs. I was pissed at the game for how much I apparently sucked at it ha.

Some of the boss's were quite difficult, but the end fight with the Emperor was very disapointing, since Vader was three times harder in my opinion. The cut scene's were well done as was the general concept of the game. I have to give it a B-

+ Great story, Music, Cinema, quick time scenes and boss battles
    - Bugs, Controls, Control scheme.

A rent, and a buy if your a starwars fan, but its no Kotor
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    for those (like myself) who've not got around to playing this yet, they're releasing it again, this time with all DLC's so far and additional missions, sometime this fall:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007452p1.html

think i'll finally get around to checking this out...but i still wish they'd announce a new battlefront game...
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 26-Jul-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    polishing a turd is probably an accurate description of this new one....I did actually buy the game when woolies went bust and it was going for a tenner brand new...

Traded it in for about 15 quid after playing through 5 or 6 levels, got to the fight with the dude and all the arms and just got so unbelievably pissed off at this travesty of a game that I got rid of it. The controls are clunky at best, the targetting system is lame and the combos are rubbish, power ups are few and far between save for combo upgrades, and you can't walk and use the force? gimmie a break. Its just a shite game with a well known name attached to it.

And LOADING SCREENS EVERY TIME I DIE?? Gimmie a major break here. Games that do that had better be feckin' impressive otherwise why would I bother waiting for this turd to load again!? Oh look I just got thrown off a ledge into oblivion, 10 second loading screen, oh I just took 10 shots from a blaster, and died...another loading screen. ARGH.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.