Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Son of a b*tch! 360 tv cable...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    That's still a failed console... red ring or not, it should NOT happen.

I'm on my 3rd 360; the first two consoles failed so fast. One in like 4 months and the other in like 5. I've had this one for like 10 months now, though... so hopefully it won't die on me.
    You didn't buy the coverage? My warranty was only 40 bucks and it's good until 2010. I've had to send it in once and I got it back within one and a half weeks. Other than that and this minor cable problem, there's nothing to complain about. It's been worth it, imo.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    heres my comparison when im talking about the textures.

first one is the
    metals and golds

booker t on ps2

booker t on 360

first one looks very toy like second one looks like they loaded the actual system with gold

next is the clothing

rey mysterio on ps2

rey mysterio on 360

see how his pants are patent leather and shiny like they should be?

England
    Comparing the PS2 to the 360 is a bit unfair though as they are both from different generations.But compare the PS3 to the 360,as far as the graphics go the PS3 has the edge,not by vast amounts but there is a difference

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the game play is crappy and thats where sony wins.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Surely gameplay is on a per-game basis?
    Exactly; maybe I'm wrong but I've always felt that if you play the same game on both systems and you'll find that they play, essentially, the same.

Super Moderator

UK
    Mke - damn straight, game play is per game, it's got next-to-nothing to do with the console itself, especially when comparing between PS3 and 360, it all comes down to people who make the games.

Bassman - aye, I got the extended cover. My fail was within 9 months, so it hasn't been required yet ... yet. I knew this time it'd be a good idea to get extended cover, as usually it's a waste of money, but with chit-chat online about breakages etc I figured it'd be a good idea.

Thus far I haven't needed my extended cover, and hopefully I won't need to - but if I do need it, it's there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    You didn't buy the coverage? My warranty was only 40 bucks and it's good until 2010. I've had to send it in once and I got it back within one and a half weeks. Other than that and this minor cable problem, there's nothing to complain about. It's been worth it, imo.
    On my first 360, I bought it from EB Games, so I got their warranty. That one broke, I brought it back and exchanged it for a new one at which time they told me "Sorry, you can't renew your warranty... we no longer do that." So when that one broke, I was screwed and had to go to Best Buy to get one... but then I got a 3-year warranty for $40 (whereas EB's original ripoff warranty was like $50 and only covered a year).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On my first 360, I bought it from EB Games, so I got their warranty. That one broke, I brought it back and exchanged it for a new one at which time they told me "Sorry, you can't renew your warranty... we no longer do that." So when that one broke, I was screwed and had to go to Best Buy to get one... but then I got a 3-year warranty for $40 (whereas EB's original ripoff warranty was like $50 and only covered a year).
    EB? What about Microsoft's warranty? Why didn't you go with that one?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    EB? What about Microsoft's warranty? Why didn't you go with that one?
    Because I didn't like the thought of having to pay Microsoft for a warranty and when my system broke I'd have to wait weeks for them to send me a new one (which half the time, I hear, isn't even really a new system - just a refurbished one) when I could pay EB or Best Buy the same amount of money and when my system breaks bring it to their store and they immediately hand me a new one in the box, sealed.

United States
    Because I didn't like the thought of having to pay Microsoft for a warranty and when my system broke I'd have to wait weeks for them to send me a new one (which half the time, I hear, isn't even really a new system - just a refurbished one) when I could pay EB or Best Buy the same amount of money and when my system breaks bring it to their store and they immediately hand me a new one in the box, sealed.
    You don't have to pay Microsoft anything. There is a free, 3-year warranty from the date of purchase if you get the RRoD.