Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New "? of the Dead" Info here..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It is a recession so ya never know dude. They might be thirsty for the money or they just might wanna make an example out of him.
    :
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Actually no, as I have said 1,000,000 times I was not edited out. I am in the film, at 3 spots, you see me up close at 38:34 on the UNRATED DVD
    I wasn't trying to take a stab at you dude. I was saying that the photos were harmless and it's funny they made you remove them.

Never noticed ya in the flick, though...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I'm sorry clang... but someone's going to have to tell you straight:

You are going to jail,
    and you are going to get bum raped

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Technically, Romero's already addressed zombie-animals. They exist. His "Toe Tags" series, which he says is canon, had zombie monkeys and a zombie elephant.

United States
    eh...zombie animals....no thanks.

i don't like the sound of that.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

'Nuff said, in my opinion. Zombie animals may be an okay in some contexts, but I'm primarily against the idea. It would have to be handled deftly.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

first thing that comes to mind is the ceberus that smashes through the window in the spencer mansion

bring it on. it should have occurred sooner.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    first thing that comes to mind is the ceberus that smashes through the window in the spencer mansion

bring it on. it should have occurred sooner.
    The fact that it didn't occur sooner is the problem. After this, whenever we watch any of the previous movies, we're gonna be thinking "Where's the zombie animals? Why doesn't anyone mention zombie animals?" Bear in mind animals are dying all the time, everywhere - rats, squirrels, insects, gulls, bees, ducks, worms... by the time of Land of the Dead everything living would have been stripped clean.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    "Toe Tags" is probably the worst thing Romero has ever done.

Twitching

United States
    My take,
    Not a fan of zombie animals, but I see no logical reason why zombies wouldn't strip easy (relatively) to catch animals like cows and horses in stalls etc. It would make a sort of sense if they simply ignored anything that was moving too fast and often bouncing out of their field of vision (like say squirrels going up trees, or cats under a trailer).

I'm gonna go with the guy who said that zombie animals would be too Resident Evil-ish. The two things I most disliked about RE:3 were Alice's super-psi powers and the ridiculous application of zombie animals. (Anyone who knows anything about birds would know that birds with non-fresh/dead feathers aren't flying anywhere, and the damage likely to be done in the initial attack would render them flightless anyways)

I DO think that a scene demonstrating without doubt that zombies will ignore animal prey in favor of human flesh would be awesome. Like we've got these protagonists on horseback. Have them ride through a field with some cattle in it, and have the pursuing zombies shuffle right past the cows because they're dialed in on the retreating humans.

If you think about it, the world in Land looked like a silent desolate wasteland outside of Fiddler's Green. If zombies ignore animals where were the packs of feral dogs, the occasional feral cat or the resurgent native wildlife? If there's enough food and such to attract human salvagers then there's enough to attract a bear to a long-abandoned grocery store to loot the canned goods. We've got black bears invading suburban neighborhoods in NEW JERSEY at this moment in the real world. You don't see any of that though. Not even an owl hooting, or a mangy dog skittering across a dimly lit street.

Solid compromise on the zombie/animal interaction?

Super Moderator

UK
    where were the packs of feral dogs
    Interesting you mention that, I wrote my zombie epic recently and included a bit involving a pack of wild dogs.

No, they weren't zombie dogs, just undomesticated.

I would imagine animals numbers would become depleted over time though, them attacking each other, not being able to depend on us humans throwing out trash, or feeding them, and so on ... but they'd still remain, albeit depleted in number - kind of like in Chernobyl now.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I liked Toe Tags. I think it works as the final, inevitable direction for evolved zombies caught in a battle with what's left of the humans, who have basically become far more disgusting creatures.

Regardless, I only bring it up because it makes clear that animals DO come back. Though the other films might have disregarded zombie animals because perhaps they only attack OTHERS of their kind. You don't really see zombie humans going after animals (except for the bug in Night), so perhaps zombie animals pretty much leave humans alone. In any case, I don't think it's cheating to bring in the concept into a film. Ultimately, I trust Romero and his narrative vision.

United States
    What about the zombies eating the field mouse in the Night Remake. That film is almost canon in my opinion since all of the original parties were involved in it's making.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    The question of the 1990 remake in the canon is tricky, because it's a reinterpretation of the original. You basically have to pick which one you want to use in the timeline. I perfer to think it's some sort of alternate universe version. Regardless: We never actually see the mouse get eaten. The zombie puts it in his mouth, gets a look of disgust as if it doesn't taste right, and then we cut away.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Rain View Post
    The question of the 1990 remake in the canon is tricky, because it's a reinterpretation of the original. You basically have to pick which one you want to use in the timeline. I perfer to think it's some sort of alternate universe version. Regardless: We never actually see the mouse get eaten. The zombie puts it in his mouth, gets a look of disgust as if it doesn't taste right, and then we cut away.
    Yeah! There was a whole thread devoted to the topic of whether or not zombies eat animals quite recently. I came to the decision that zombies would take a bite out of something that wasn't human, just to try it, but probably wouldn't consume the whole thing.