Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What now for Star Trek? (spoilers)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I really want Del Toro to be Khan! Please let him be Khan. As for Peter Weller, I hope he plays some crazy admirals, of which there were plenty in TNG. He'd fit in quite nicely as one of those. Or a Klingon. Any klingon.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    As for Peter Weller, I hope he plays some crazy admirals, of which there were plenty in TNG. He'd fit in quite nicely as one of those. Or a Klingon. Any klingon.
    Why didn't I think of him as a Klingon?! He does have a perfect voice for it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Del Toro is out it seems (read it on AICN)
    Khan presumably still an option for the lead villain?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Peter Weller has also been cast in an unspecified role. Haven't seen him around lately...
    peter weller has taken a big step back from acting in recent years. he went back to school, got a degree in Roman Art and Architecture and was teaching at Syracuse Univ. last i heard, he is working on his PHd at UCLA and hopes to finish it sometime next year.

you can see peter weller on a number of the history channel's shows on roman engineering as one of the the talking head experts. he also hosts the show "Engineering an Empire."

peter weller played the villain in one of the 4th season story arcs of "Enterprise." he was the leader of an xenophobic organization called Terra Prime.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Dec-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    peter weller played the villain in one of the 4th season story arcs of "Enterprise." he was the leader of an xenophobic organization called Terra Prime.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Damn, I miss that show. I wouldn't mind it if they did a full 7 season run out of that one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Damn, I miss that show. I wouldn't mind it if they did a full 7 season run out of that one.
    I miss it too. i think that in many ways it is the best of the lot. i never understood the fanboy reaction to that show. that's one reason i've always said i love star trek but cannot stand most star trek fans. hardest fucking fan base in the world to please.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The most disturbing thing is that in Season 3 and 4 of Enterprise, it was really going into DS9 territory (I.e. Star Trek at it's very, very best) and for some reason people didn't like it? Had that show gone on for another 3 seasons, it would have ranked alongside DS9 and TNG, I'm sure of it.

EDIT: I'm not dissing Voyager. But in many ways, it was the most boring of the shows (plenty of episodes felt like rehashed TNG episodes).
    Last edited by EvilNed; 06-Dec-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Voyager Addition

Super Moderator

Germany
    I liked Enterprise well enough, except for one thing... the seeming overuse of plots involving various team members being held hostage. A string of hostage of the week plots led me to watch other shows, but there were episodes that I loved.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I liked Enterprise well enough, except for one thing... the seeming overuse of plots involving various team members being held hostage. A string of hostage of the week plots led me to watch other shows, but there were episodes that I loved.
    your point is granted. there was way too much of that in certain eps. but i think that the great eps of "enterprise" are so far above usual tv fare, that i can forgive them of that sin.

"impulse" is an awesome ep. the closest Star Trek has ever come to doing zombies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I remember those Vulcan-zombies. That was when they were in the expanse, right? It had even been foreshadowed in the previous season that a Vulcan ship had gone missing in that scary place. Nice payoff.

Wasn't Jean-Luc Picard kidnapped on a monthly basis, as well? I think it's a pretty overused theme in Star Trek in general. It's wasn't uncommon for a crewmember to get captured and/or stranded on an alien planet or either learned to understand and respect whoever had captured them or whoever they had been stranded with.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Yeah, I remember those Vulcan-zombies. That was when they were in the expanse, right? It had even been foreshadowed in the previous season that a Vulcan ship had gone missing in that scary place. Nice payoff.
    yep. it was part of the whole Xindi/Delphic expanse story arc that took up all of season 3. never really bought into the concept of the Xindi. an alien world that produces 5 (6 if you include the extinct avians) intelligent species, all of whom seem to have little problem working together (until enterprise and capt. archer show up, of course) is damn near ridiculous. esp. when you consider that star trek series' ("enterprise" included) always made a big deal about how intelligent life was relatively rare, but that it was even rarer for more than 1 intelligent species to survive the evolutionary process on any given planet. it stretched the suspension of disbelief that sci-fi requires nearly to its breaking point for me.

-- -------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

EDIT: I'm not dissing Voyager. But in many ways, it was the most boring of the shows (plenty of episodes felt like rehashed TNG episodes).
    something else we totally agree on. Voyager was a good series in its own right but always feels a bit tepid compared to the other shows.
    Last edited by Mike70; 07-Dec-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: d